Proposal: Flames board Playoff Avatars!

What theme is best?

• Total voters

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Me reading this thread: Am I the only one who is in their 20's? (for another 14 months anyway)

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Are you doing floor, or seating?
I've got an Amex so I'm debating getting some seats.

I did seating, floor was $100+ while seating was 52-75 (I ended up paying $75).

I'm gonna try and sneak onto the floor though if security sucks.

If you want tickets now use the pre-sale code DEATH.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Hey guys I'm happy to do those gifs if you like but if anyone else has something please feel free. You're not stepping on my toes. However, if the group approves and you'd like the ones I made please let me know what design/character you'd like and I'll jump on it. I'd just like some heads up because the 3D stuff takes some time to make and build.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
According to a post on the previous page...

<-- this guy wants King Dededube

Which I'm led to beleive is a play on words based on the King Dedede character.

That's the extent of my knowledge on the matter.

This or are you just going to change your name and I remove the text? This is not the final product. ;)

Puck.png
Puck 2.png

@Dube Dube Doo

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
INFO to PM me with.
  • Character you'd like (if you have a particular picture send me the link)
  • Snow or fire
  • Colour of background - Black Red Gold
  • If you have a 50kb or 100kb limit

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
INFO to PM me with.
  • Character you'd like (if you have a particular picture send me the link)
  • Snow or fire
  • Colour of background - Black Red Gold
  • If you have a 50kb or 100kb limit

I did this on Snapchat on my phone. I only ever go on here on mobile so I’m not sure about limits and stuff.

Is there any saving this monstrosity? Like making it just a Quine head instead of Yoshi? Mostly because when he scores I want to be able to post the following in the GDT:

>Open the door
>Get on the floor
>Everybody walk the QUINEosaur

I would be forever in your debt

54D5652C-67A7-4963-8663-50E274390DD2.jpeg

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I was thinking of working some more stuff into the background for sure. Like a Stanley Cup logo and more Flames-related stuff.

An artist's conception (hastily thrown together):

xsa1EV4.gif

Also, full disclosure, I won't have time to do these on my own, so I was hoping to just provide inspiration and a basis before allowing @InfinityIggy to apply a more expert touch. I'm up to help as much as I can, though.

This idea seems more "theme avatar"-ish. Is anyone working/planning on working on it?

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
So what is the plan here. If its smash bros have fun with it as its to childish for me. Might as well be pokemon crap.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I did this on Snapchat on my phone. I only ever go on here on mobile so I’m not sure about limits and stuff.

Is there any saving this monstrosity? Like making it just a Quine head instead of Yoshi? Mostly because when he scores I want to be able to post the following in the GDT:

>Open the door
>Get on the floor
>Everybody walk the QUINEosaur

I would be forever in your debt
QUINEosaur.gif

Last edited:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
So what is the plan here. If its smash bros have fun with it as its to childish for me. Might as well be pokemon crap.
Did you see the one I made sans smash bros? I wasn't a fan either but I said screw it and participated anyway. I'll make you one of those non pokemon ones.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
@Corpus X isn't there any way to incorporate actual players into it? Maybe instead of a black background have the player's face be there?

And instead of fire or snow have purple rain?
You can have anything on the other side of the puck just send me the picture or link. Purple rain? I could try it out. Putting a picture in the BG wouldn't look good as the puck would cover it, but I'll try it out. Might be a bit busy.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the picture gifs. I know others like them but I'm a fan of the fluid motion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad