Proposal: Flames board Playoff Avatars!

What theme is best?

• Total voters

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I just realized how much Derek Ryan looks kinda like Olimar...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I have zero idea what it is. I am 38.

Essentially a fighting game akin to a very PG street-fighter/Mortal combat that came out for N64, that was absolutely beloved. They followed up with the release of the Game Cube as a big entry with Smash Bros Melee; the best game in the series by far.
Then they dropped one for the wii that jumped the shark.
Then they released one for the wii-u that was fun.
Then they released one for the switch, which again, just adds any character they can possibly imagine from the Nintendo Universe.

I liked the premise as a kid. You got to play as your favourite Nintendo characters and beat each other up.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I remember original super smash bros but have no idea who 50% of the characters mentioned in this thread are. What is an Olimar?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I remember original super smash bros but have no idea who 50% of the characters mentioned in this thread are. What is an Olimar?
Heh. I have no idea either.

Someone gave me Smash Bros Ultimate for Christmas and I'd only played the 64 version about 3 times in my life, tops. It's fun, but I have no idea who at least half the characters are. :laugh:

Reactions: Flameshomer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Heh. I have no idea either.

Someone gave me Smash Bros Ultimate for Christmas and I'd only played the 64 version about 3 times in my life, tops. It's fun, but I have no idea who at least half the characters are. :laugh:

They started that trend in melee to be fair.
Hey. Who are some Japenese characters most North Americans wouldn't even know about? Dunno. We have this Fire Emblem series most NA's haven't heard about. Sure. Make two characters.

Essentially they carbon copy most things, add multiple characters from the same universe that originally no one was interested in to begin with :laugh:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
They started that trend in melee to be fair.
Hey. Who are some Japenese characters most North Americans wouldn't even know about? Dunno. We have this Fire Emblem series most NA's haven't heard about. Sure. Make two characters.

Essentially they carbon copy most things, add multiple characters from the same universe that originally no one was interested in to begin with :laugh:

That's kind of what Smash does, introduce people to these older or lesser-known series.

I mean personally, I didn't even know who Samus and Ness were when I first went to a Rogers Video to rent a copy of SSB for N64...that's how I personally got introduced to Super Metroid and Earthbound. And then later Kid Icarus: Uprising and the Fire Emblem series (which is actually pretty popular in NA these days).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That's kind of what Smash does, introduce people to these older or lesser-known series.

I mean personally, I didn't even know who Samus and Ness were when I first went to a Rogers Video to rent a copy of SSB for N64...that's how I personally got introduced to Super Metroid and Earthbound. And then later Kid Icarus: Uprising and the Fire Emblem series (which is actually pretty popular in NA these days).

Wow I am old.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Man I'm old and out of the loop...

I don't have a clue who or what the Smash Bros are.

... although from all the votes they're getting they really must be the cat's pyjamas.

I think they're a video game. That's about the extent of my expertise.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
2019-Playoffs.gif

2019-Playoffs1.gif

Made this avatar but it's too big for the site.

Updated for 100kb if someone who can upload 100kb avatar files wants it.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityIggy

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
2019-Playoffs1.gif
2019-Playoffs-kirby.gif
2019-Playoffs-kirby-red.gif
2019-Playoffs-kirby-yellow.gif
2019-Playoffs-red.gif
2019-Playoffs-yellow.gif

If you'd like a different character send me a PM and I'll make it. Just send me the character and what BG colour you'd like.

I turned the light down a lot and lessoned the blur. It looked good at 30 frames but at 8 frames it didn't. This is the old one.
2019-Playoffs old.gif

updated
Calgary-Flames-GIF.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad