Proposal: Flames / Blues

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Keyboard queens at its best !! Spouting off crazy scenarios and nobody is allowed to call them out on it?? Are you offended??? Its simply this... you can listen now to someone who is a student of game or you can be proven wrong in a few months...its that easy and its generally all in good fun...your free to predict any illogical idea you want...........still ain't gonna make it come true !!!

I have trouble respecting anyone that says "Keyboard Queens", then refers to themselves as a student of the game and taking their views objectively or seriously.

I am more than happy to revisit this later on. I firmly standby what I said.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Valimaki also looked fantastic in the AHL, and great in his limited role in the NHL before his injury too. The question marks around him had to do with his injury and recovery. Based on his play in the Finnish league, he seems to have gotten over that completely. So him tearing up the Finnish league, isn't just about his play there, but his recovery.

Montreal vs. Calgary is no a contest. If you switched Price for Rittich, last year, or even Markstrom, this year, do you still think Montreal's defence would perform? Let's keep in mind, that Calgary let in 214 goals vs. Montreal's 221 with Rittich vs. Price.
Price was brutal last season simple answer is Yes... Rittich was better even though their numbers are almsot the same...if price played better than average Montreal would have allowed 30 less goals easy... this is less to do with goaltending and overall defense amd more to do with Montreal playing in the more wide open higher scoring east..these stats are almost identical in every way. Still take weber and petry...

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I have trouble respecting anyone that says "Keyboard Queens", then refers to themselves as a student of the game and taking their views objectively or seriously.

I am more than happy to revisit this later on. I firmly standby what I said.
Good! As much as I hate " told you so" sometimes some just need it....i firmly stand by what I said.....calagry will NOT have a top 5 D core this season...this isn't hard, its not really a view its more of a given... ill gently remind you perhaps at each quarter where the stats stands...or maybe firmly!:naughty::naughty:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No thats my point the op was sheet. So this should just be closed. At leSt Schwartz is a 60pt player.

Schwartz has hit 60 points one time in his 8 year career. Backlund get 45-53 points while being one of the better shut down centres in the league.

I'd actually prefer having Backlund/Hanifin/Bennet over Schwartz/Blais/Dunn. If those players were swapped straight across, Calgary becomes a worse team.

Reactions: Nanuuk

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Schwartz has hit 60 points one time in his 8 year career. Backlund get 45-53 points while being one of the better shut down centres in the league.

I'd actually prefer having Backlund/Hanifin/Bennet over Schwartz/Blais/Dunn. If those players were swapped straight across, Calgary becomes a worse team.

I'd prefer Hanafin over Dunn by a bit, and I don't see what other Blues fans see in Blais. He's a decent bottom 6er who chases hits.

But Schwartz in all likelihood would have hit 60 points if the league doesn't shutdown and had 59 points in 62 games, which is actually much more impressive than 60 points in 76-82 games. And plays 1st line. And is one of the better defensive wingers in the league.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'd prefer Hanafin over Dunn by a bit, and I don't see what other Blues fans see in Blais. He's a decent bottom 6er who chases hits.

But Schwartz in all likelihood would have hit 60 points if the league doesn't shutdown and had 59 points in 62 games, which is actually much more impressive than 60 points in 76-82 games. And plays 1st line. And is one of the better defensive wingers in the league.

I agree that Schwartz is better than Backlund. Backlund does play the more valuable position for the Flames (and generally), and the last thing the Flames need is another LW.

I also think Hanifin is being wildly underrated in the Hanifin/Dunn comparison. People realize that Hanifin is younger than Dunn right? Giving Dunn extra credit for potential makes no sense.

Blais vs. Bennett is a clear downgrade for the Flames. Bennett has been the Flames best skater two years in a row.

I thing the two packages, in a vacuum, are very close. However, based on the Flames needs, they would be less likely to win making that deal.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I agree that Schwartz is better than Backlund. Backlund does play the more valuable position for the Flames (and generally), and the last thing the Flames need is another LW.

I also think Hanifin is being wildly underrated in the Hanifin/Dunn comparison. People realize that Hanifin is younger than Dunn right? Giving Dunn extra credit for potential makes no sense.

Blais vs. Bennett is a clear downgrade for the Flames. Bennett has been the Flames best skater two years in a row.

I thing the two packages, in a vacuum, are very close. However, based on the Flames needs, they would be less likely to win making that deal.

Yeah, that's fair. I was going to mention positional need for Calgary, but I didn't want to get too in-depth as to perpetuate what was a bad faith proposal on this page in the first place. I still think Dunn's progression will be fine, just not linear. But I also don't think he develops into a better player than Hanafin.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

I'd rather have Schwartz/Blais/Parayko than Backlund/Hanifin/Bennett but thats not who was originally said. For the record, Id rather have Schwartz/Blais/Dunn than Backlund/Hanifin/Dube.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'd rather have Schwartz/Blais/Parayko than Backlund/Hanifin/Bennett but thats not who was originally said. For the record, Id rather have Schwartz/Blais/Dunn than Backlund/Hanifin/Dube.

Fair enough, that is my mistake. I think Dube has more or less equal value to Bennett though. Would prefer him over Blais.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad