Proposal: Flames / Blues

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Monahan has had 34 goals once and 30 + goals 3 times.

Tank has 37 40 39 33 33
The two years he had 33 he was injured so no thanks
I think that's the point -- Tank was injured two years.

I wouldn't buy damaged goods either.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Absolutely pathetic offer from the Flames. Monahan is the among the most overrated players in the league and Hanifin is flat out awful. Hardly a top 4 dman and Vince Dunn is already way better than him. Tarasenko is still a top sniper and Schenn is such a better player than Monahan. Bennett is pretty decent and that’s saying that based on his good playoff because for a 4th overall pick he hasn’t lived up to it. Blues can’t say no quick enough.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Suggesting that the Flames are "held back" by an opinion that you have assigned to all Flames fans on HFBoards is one of the silliest things I've ever heard here.
Hmmm the general intelligent hockey world are the flames are NO further ahead and will be struggling to make playoffs3. Goaltending got better. Defense lost amd forwards still missing key C. This isnt made up lol...and while other teams in west got better..Edmonton, vegas etc... its not flames fans who are holding them back, its the mindset of key management.. they need 1C to compete

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Cant say I agree at all. I think this will be the best defensive core the Flames have had in quite sometime. I expect them to be a top 5 group.

Hamonic was not good last year, at all. Gio had a down year and he will be better. I also expect Hanifin and Andersson to be the pairing that is deployed the most and both of those guys should take huge steps this season.
Top 5 D core ????? LOL...vegas Colorado Carolina Tampa dallas, Nashville there's you top 6 and calagy isn't close. .... toss in the NYI, Montreal sharks st Louis , who are all probably ahead and you have a very average D core...now teams like pitt and Washington have proved you CAN still win with an average D core if you have the depth up the middle. The single biggest issue eith the flames off sessom isn't what they did or didn't do ( losing brodie was coming) its the fact that the teams that were already better , got better again..and the teams who most think will be fighting for a playoff spot with Calgary got better too....

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Top 5 D core ????? LOL...vegas Colorado Carolina Tampa dallas, Nashville there's you top 6 and calagy isn't close. .... toss in the NYI, Montreal sharks st Louis , who are all probably ahead and you have a very average D core...now teams like pitt and Washington have proved you CAN still win with an average D core if you have the depth up the middle. The single biggest issue eith the flames off sessom isn't what they did or didn't do ( losing brodie was coming) its the fact that the teams that were already better , got better again..and the teams who most think will be fighting for a playoff spot with Calgary got better too....
Montreal?

Also you realize that the Flames made most pundits most improved teams list. You don't think having a more consistent goalie will affect how the defence performs?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

You actually forgot to mention Philly in your rankings. And yes, I believe the Flames will be a top 5 group by the end of the season.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You actually forgot to mention Philly in your rankings. And yes, I believe the Flames will be a top 5 group by the end of the season.
Hahahahahha there about much chance as that as you winnimg the lottery...twice ....in one day.....iam gonna hold you to it

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Hahahahahha there about much chance as that as you winnimg the lottery...twice ....in one day.....iam gonna hold you to it
Man he better be quaking in his boots that you will hold him to the idea that the Flames might have a top 5 d-core next year. I quiver to think about the wrath he'll endure in case his opinion is proven wrong months from now.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Montreal?

Also you realize that the Flames made most pundits most improved teams list. You don't think having a more consistent goalie will affect how the defence performs?
Montreal has more depth..ia. not a habs fan but they are ahead of flames . Weber is a beast...with petry they are solid... i agreed the goaltending got better...but the overall D isn't... Willits even out ???

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Montreal has more depth..ia. not a habs fan but they are ahead of flames . Weber is a beast...with petry they are solid... i agreed the goaltending got better...but the overall D isn't... Willits even out ???
I think there are definitely some question marks with the Flames defence, as they will be hoping two rookies take major steps forward. I would definitely not conclude that are top five. I definitely would not swap their defence for Montreal's though.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think there are definitely some question marks with the Flames defence, as they will be hoping two rookies take major steps forward. I would definitely not conclude that are top five. I definitely would not swap their defence for Montreal's though.

So this thread is done. No offers in last two pages. Could probably move this to Calgary page.....

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Man he better be quaking in his boots that you will hold him to the idea that the Flames might have a top 5 d-core next year. I quiver to think about the wrath he'll endure in case his opinion is proven wrong months from now.
Keyboard queens at its best !! Spouting off crazy scenarios and nobody is allowed to call them out on it?? Are you offended??? Its simply this... you can listen now to someone who is a student of game or you can be proven wrong in a few months...its that easy and its generally all in good fun...your free to predict any illogical idea you want...........still ain't gonna make it come true !!!

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I respect your opinion and the fact you can realize there are much better D cores out there. I woukdnt swap the entire D from flames to habs either but I woukd swap the top 3 ..and that's enough to push them ahead..rhe loss of brodie will be bigger than most think

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I respect your opinion and the fact you can realize there are much better D cores out there. I woukdnt swap the entire D from flames to habs either but I woukd swap the top 3 ..and that's enough to push them ahead..rhe loss of brodie will be bigger than most think

I strongly disagree. Tanev is a great #2. The main knock against the Flames top 3 is that Giordano is getting older. However, Weber is no spring chicken at 35. Weber also started his pro career earlier than Giordano and peaked earlier. Weber has more miles on him, despite being 2 years younger.

I don't think this is even close. Montreal's bottom pairing is Kulak and Romanov. Kulak was a cast off from the Flames, who still wouldn't make their lineup.

Meanwhile the Flame are inserting Valimaki, who is destroying the Finnish league right now, and Andersson, who looked great last year in a top 4 role, on top of Giordano, Tanev, and Hanifin. Compare this to Petry, Chariot, and Edmonson.

I think there are definitely some better d-cores out there, but Montreal is not one of them.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues trading Schenn + Tarasenko + Dunn in one deal would never happen especially for the OP's offer.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I strongly disagree. Tanev is a great #2. The main knock against the Flames top 3 is that Giordano is getting older. However, Weber is no spring chicken at 35. Weber also started his pro career earlier than Giordano and peaked earlier. Weber has more miles on him, despite being 2 years younger.

I don't think this is even close. Montreal's bottom pairing is Kulak and Romanov. Kulak was a cast off from the Flames, who still wouldn't make their lineup.

Meanwhile the Flame are inserting Valimaki, who is destroying the Finnish league right now, and Andersson, who looked great last year in a top 4 role, on top of Giordano, Tanev, and Hanifin. Compare this to Petry, Chariot, and Edmonson.

I think there are definitely some better d-cores out there, but Montreal is not one of them.
As we have seen multiple times, tearing up a foreign league means squat in the NHL...top 3 maybe 4 of Montreal is slightly ahead . I agree flames have more depth but sounds like Hanifin be on way out?? Can tanev stay healthy and contribute? Right now the strength of the top 2 in Montreal gives them the egde. Weber is a beast..

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
As we have seen multiple times, tearing up a foreign league means squat in the NHL...top 3 maybe 4 of Montreal is slightly ahead . I agree flames have more depth but sounds like Hanifin be on way out?? Can tanev stay healthy and contribute? Right now the strength of the top 2 in Montreal gives them the egde. Weber is a beast..

Valimaki also looked fantastic in the AHL, and great in his limited role in the NHL before his injury too. The question marks around him had to do with his injury and recovery. Based on his play in the Finnish league, he seems to have gotten over that completely. So him tearing up the Finnish league, isn't just about his play there, but his recovery.

Montreal vs. Calgary is no a contest. If you switched Price for Rittich, last year, or even Markstrom, this year, do you still think Montreal's defence would perform? Let's keep in mind, that Calgary let in 214 goals vs. Montreal's 221 with Rittich vs. Price.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Everytime I see a Flames proposal I want to dive head first into a wood chipper. They are one of those teams that will be stuck in limbo for the next 15 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad