Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It’s almost gone at this point.

Guess you missed out ;)
Yep.. my wife and I left Okotoks Thursday morning for the drive down to Vegas so we missed it all. Got here on Saturday. The weather has been great here so far. Heading back to Okotoks on Saturday and arriving on Monday.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Rittich has been confirmed as the starter and Backlund is good to go for tonight's game.

The only real changes between a last year and this year is the addition of Lucic and Rieder and the deletion of Neal and Hathaway, and of course swapping Smith, who apparently played well last night, for Talbot. James Neal, who many Oiler fans expect to score 25-30 goals this year, had 2 SOG and was scoreless. Would love to see Lucic pot one tonight just to piss off Oiler fans.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Go Flames!

As we are all aware the Flames have one of the best opening night records in the league. Well, tonight that record will be... applicable.

Flames 2 Avs 5

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ok boys... I'm outta here. Gonna drive over to Nellis AF Base to see if I can get any good photography shots of fighter jets taking off and landing. See ya back here at game time.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Can't wait for the retros to come in. These deserve to all be set on fire.
EF-Ov4wUcAA6oVg.jpg:small

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Lighten up everyone, brand new season. We spanked Colorado during the reg. last year, I expect us to do it again, starting tonight. If this team still has PTSD from 4 bad games against Colorado last year, then I worry for this upcoming regular season. Don't let this become an Anaheim type situation, nip it in the bud.

Flames win 5-3.

I hope you are right, but we also haven't won a season opener since 2009.

NoMoSnow

Apr 13, 2018
Las Vegas
Is there still snow on the ground in Calgary? Sunny Vegas says hello. Forecast high today is 31°C.
Hope to watch the game via streaming. Go Flames.
Dude, I'm also in Vegas. Will hopefully be on my deck with some cold ones and wearing my jersey from the '04 run.

Reactions: Rubi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad