GDT: Flames at Sharks: 8:30pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
On the eye test they are getting killed out there.

Any metric that says they aren't is a load of crap.

Yet they have Calgary's 5v5 goal. Sure. Whatever works for you my man.
Edit, and drawing penalties :laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Giordano is a top top dman in this league. Nice to see Brodie returning to form too.

Nice powerkill by the Flames

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Giordano is a top top dman in this league. Nice to see Brodie returning to form too.

Nice powerkill by the Flames

Powerkill made me laugh.
Gaudreau setting up two 2 on 1's, his little rocket from the point is sure going to rack up the points. <watches Stone and Hamilton sit around on the bench>.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah, just going by the eye test I would suggest De Boer is throwing that line out there to try and 'shutdown' the Jankowski line, not to 'take advantage' of it.

Well considering they are eating their lunch it is a pretty good strategy either way.

I have a tough time believing that a coach is worried about shutting a line centered by dogshit Jankowski and his 30 point projected season.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well considering they are eating their lunch it is a pretty good strategy either way.

I have a tough time believing that a coach is worried about shutting a line centered by dog**** Jankowski and his 30 point projected season.

Say what you want about Jankowski/Hathaway but that line has been hugely successful for Bennett.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I have a tough time believing that a coach is worried about shutting a line centered by dog**** Jankowski and his 30 point projected season.

May as well just ignore Bennett being one of the hottest players in the NHL. Whatever fits the narrative right?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Say what you want about Jankowski/Hathaway but that line has been hugely successful for Bennett.

I would say that Bennett has been hugely successful and those two have leeched off of him, Jankowski moreso than Hathaway because at least Hathaway brings some forechecking and puck retrival to help Bennett out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I would say that Bennett has been hugely successful and those two have leeched off of him, Jankowski moreso than Hathaway because at least Hathaway brings some forechecking and puck retrival to help Bennett out.

They both definitely benefit from playing with Bennett. I think that switching Bennett back to wing is the primary reason he has caught fire lately though. Jankowski has been very serviceable with him in my opinion. Even if Jankowski only gets 30 points this season that seems like a respectable clip for a rookie 3C.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
but we are just unlucky:sarcasm:

No, as of the first period; we're being outplayed. Nothing luck related about this one right now. We'd be lucky to hang on with Monahan's line playing at a 4th line level, Backlund's line in complete shellshock dealing with SJ's top line, Bennett/Janko/Hathaway being our top line and our 4th line being the dog shit it normally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad