GDT: Flames at Sharks: 8:30pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
GG: f***, Monahan can't score to save his life right now. Let's get him out there for shootout.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
ix7M4xe.gif

Need to get Monahan and to a slightly lesser extent Gaudreau going

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wow. Well done Calgary.
Shit the bed, and the inability to play a full 60. Seems like a shitty broken record.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Until Johnny softpants and Monahan decide to show up and actually give a f***, this team will not make the playoffs. Absolutely f***ing pathetic display by those two all game. What the hell is up with Johnny unable to make a single f***ing pass to save his life? Coasting out there for a minute and cursing on the way to the bench will do jack shit for anyone. And of course GG decides not to put Tkachuk early in the shootout, he's a f***ing idiot sometimes.

Reactions: lightstorm

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not nearly enough guys willing to try and make a play. Chip and chase just does not suit this team at all. Call a winger up if Frolik is missing any time and give him a shot.

Top line needs to broken up.
Gaudreau - Backlund - Ferland
Tkachuk - Monahan - Jagr
Bennett - Jankowski - Hathaway

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This team is really good at convincing you there's more to them. If there was a tagline that could sum up the GG era so far it would be "Flattering to deceive"

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Does that Vancouver game even really count? Might as well have called them the Utica Comets

A huge problem is that our defense doesn't create a whole lot of offense. Brodie is on pace for like 36ish points as our top scoring dman. Our first line has been slumping hard but the only ones picking up the slack is our third line.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
in 14-15, when we had no hope they made the playoffs.
in 15-16, when we had playoff hopes they shit the bed and we drafted Tkachuk
in 16-17, when he had no hope they made the playoffs.
in 17-18, when we had playoff hopes... no 1st or 2nd round pick...

This team likely misses the playoffs and even if they do squeak in we are looking at a first-round exit barring a 2004-like miracle. I'm pretty bummed about after that loss but I think it's about time to accept this squad isn't a contender and needs a major shakeup. It is so frustrating to watch them play bad and lose but to also play good and still lose almost as much as they win. The only players I can count on to show up for each game are Gio and the 3M line.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
See ya f***in later gulutzan. I never liked you and I don't feel bad at all in saying that you should be posting a sports blog on the internet rather than coaching a hockey team in the nhl.

Reactions: Flames 1st pick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If we win tomorrow night this'll look like a very successful back-to-back. Lose tomorrow night in regulation and it will be a bitter pill to swallow. Something just isn't clicking with the team right now.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Not sure what people expect of Monahan, if his shots from the slot arent going in, he's 100% useless.

I called him our Eberle before. Might have been generous.

Reactions: Flames 1st pick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
See ya ****in later gulutzan. I never liked you and I don't feel bad at all in saying that you should be posting a sports blog on the internet rather than coaching a hockey team in the nhl.

The Flames have shown they are all capable of playing at high level , just not together at the same time.
They are unmotivated, complacent, prone to mistakes, lack of character

We cant get rid of the whole team (but we should)

The only solution is

1) get rid of GG to get someone that can get the team going.
2)get rid of BT for putting together a bunch of character, for hiring GG and for making horrific the Hamonic deal and wasting money on garbage like Brouwer.
3)get rid of both

I would do 1 but dont mind 3 at this point neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad