GDT: Flames at Lightning: April 3

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I'm a little worried we aren't quite as Gudas them, but I hope we don't Panik as a result and Brown our pants. Recently, we've been serving up chances on a Palat-er to the opposition and it's been Killorn us. Hopefully we don't make those mistakes which Kostka us the game.

You'd win life if you can make one with Van Brabant

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Nice. Loved it how Glencross didn't give up on that last play.

How did we turn so quickly on Glencross? A couple of years ago it was "best contract in the league" , "how dare you ask what the Flames would want for Glencross, he can't be traded because he owns a nearby ranch", "Scoreface" blah blah bah. Now all of a sudden we have realized how bad his attitude is, how bad he is with young players and how lazy he is????????? And when he gets garbage time goals he is just padding his stats.

I dunno. He always brings it on the ice. He has been hurt a lot. The stuff that happens behind the scenes I don't get to see. Since he got here,(2nd longest serving Flame?) he has been one of the best Flames overall.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

How did we turn so quickly on Glencross? A couple of years ago it was "best contract in the league" , "how dare you ask what the Flames would want for Glencross, he can't be traded because he owns a nearby ranch", "Scoreface" blah blah bah. Now all of a sudden we have realized how bad his attitude is, how bad he is with young players and how lazy he is????????? And when he gets garbage time goals he is just padding his stats.

I dunno. He always brings it on the ice. He has been hurt a lot. The stuff that happens behind the scenes I don't get to see. Since he got here,(2nd longest serving Flame?) he has been one of the best Flames overall.

Glencross, since his return, has been good to watch, but it's very easy to make these comments when he's playing how he is. There was a time earlier in the season, though, where he was completely invisible every single game.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

He changed his playstyle from "drive the net" to "I'm the Sid the ****in' Kid v2.0 BETA I'll just deke these mofo's like nothin'" and essentially became useless and a liability. That injury put him back into the right mindset again.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Glencross, since his return, has been good to watch, but it's very easy to make these comments when he's playing how he is. There was a time earlier in the season, though, where he was completely invisible every single game.

Agreed. He also missed half the season, which doesn't look good when you look at how injury prone hes been the last couple of years.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
So does this win make us officially ahead of the Oilers for the year?

I got some major chirping to do.

And money to collect.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not a fan of Hanowski, he's not bad but he really doesn't do anything out there, bad or good. With the logjam we have of young bottom 6 players, I kind of hope he gets packaged up this offseason.

It was a close game overall, but the Flames had a couple of good spurts of hockey and made the Lightening pay. Overall a good game, and good effort. I'm glad Backs didn't get hurt on that play, for a second I was like, "oh boy, here we go".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad