GDT: Flames at Hawks 5PM MTN Game Time

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
They were in as much disbelief as we were.
Haha yeah. Well I always think back to something Peter Maher said, something to this effect, and I'm paraphrasing "It's better to assume there was a great save or goal when you are not sure, because if it was a great play, your call of it will be seen over and over, if you made a mistake and there was no great play it doesn't really matter."

Reactions: InfinityIggy

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Haha yeah. Well I always think back to something Peter Maher said, something to this effect, and I'm paraphrasing "It's better to assume there was a great save or goal when you are not sure, because if it was a great play, your call of it will be seen over and over, if you made a mistake and there was no great play it doesn't really matter."

So essentially always be Hox Hypin’? @Johnny Hoxville

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What the hell is wrong with Tkachuk?? Bad play after bad play, lazy and lousy passes all throughout this game and the past several games.

This team will be doomed as soon as he becomes the team's highest paid player.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
we did not deserve to win that game, pretty bad showing. Thank christ it was the hawks. And Smith's ridiculous save.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Great game for the Flames for the most part. Smith came up big with multiple big time saves! Defense has gotta tighten up for next game.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Special teams win games. Only 1 ES goal for both teams.

It was a good goaltending battle too but Smith shouldn't have had to bail us out like this. Think that's the first time this season that he's won two in a row.

2nd line needs to pick it up as well next game

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What the hell is wrong with Tkachuk?? Bad play after bad play, lazy and lousy passes all throughout this game and the past several games.

Well that's a shit take if I have ever seen one.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I actually think he’s been hurt for the last 2-3 weeks.

Flames didn’t play their best game today, but good teams win games like this. Nice win boy!!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.webp

Pretty decent game from the forwards. Monahan was good. Ryan and Neal had some nice moments. I think that's the best game I've seen Mangiapane play in a Flames uniform. 2nd and 3rd pairings weren't very good other than Hamonic, not sure of Stone's status but if he's ready I could see him getting in Tuesday.

Smith looks to be back on track, that's a solid #1G performance out of him.

Reactions: Sk8M8

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

He won't be...

Also, pretty sure his dad wasn't happy with his performance tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad