GDT: Flames at Columbus, 2018-12-04, 5:00 PM MT, SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Last night was abysmal in regards of how to play hockey in today's NHL but wow hella entertaining. The first period the Flames took a nap after Johnny and Sean got things started and let the Blue Jackets have their way with them. At intermission most fans were likely having flashbacks to the Pittsburgh game.

Peters must of kicked them in the arse in the intermission because the Flames looked better and then something in the game happened that I did not quite catch. Something made the Flames mad and holy hell broke loose with every drive into the oppositions ending up in the net. We could go on about the goaltending but this night was crazy and out of the 16 goals there were maybe 1 on each side that we not great. We could go on for days about the defensive gaffs for days but it was just one of those nights where we traded punches and won.

The one huge plus from last night is that Calgary put their offensive skill on display and smoked one of the better teams in the Metropolitan.

Many are going on about Johnny and Mony but Jankowski was the best looking Flame all night and after the lines were put in the blender he Mangiapane and Neal looked super dangerous.

Bennett has been coasting and show-dogging for the last 4-5 games and last night he ended up in the dog house. Hopefully that is the kick in the butt he needed. Prout is not and NHL d-man thought it was nice to see he was able to say he bested his old team.

Long and short of the whole game is this is how the Flames were playing before the Pittsburgh game and hopefully last night was enough for them to refocus and gather their defensive game.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
What were the lines after Peters mixed them?
Top line
Tkachuk-Backlund-Czarnik
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Neal

I don't think any of Bennett, Ryan or Hathaway took more than 1 shift in the 3rd.

Reactions: Kahvi

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Thanks. From your post I thought he changed lines during game and that was what I asked, but I guess I misunderstood

That was partway through.

Bennett got pulled of the second line and demoted to the 4th.

I like Czarnik on that second line a lot, even prior to his goal.

Reactions: Dack

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That was partway through.

Bennett got pulled of the second line and demoted to the 4th.

I like Czarnik on that second line a lot, even prior to his goal.

Benny suffering from Ferlanditis.
Looks like a key cog on this team, then stops doing what makes him successful.

Reactions: SKRusty

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That's what happens when you have Prout in the lineup. He's even worse than Stone.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Prout's been that bad? Of course that pair struggled but it was a collective struggle due to a lack of complementary tools / skills. I think Kylington-Prout might have been interesting.

Also it didn't help that both teams were snipe city last night.

Also Prout was probably rusty, it's only natural. Getting up to speed on systems is muscle memory.

Reactions: Nanuuk

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't think Prout's been that bad? Of course that pair struggled but it was a collective struggle due to a lack of complementary tools / skills. I think Kylington-Prout might have been interesting.

Also Prout was probably rusty, it's only natural. Getting up to speed on systems is muscle memory.

Yeah playing a rookie on his off side with Prout who hasn’t played in however long definitely wasn’t a recipe for success. He’s not great but there are worse bottom pair options out there. He’s a decent guy to have against bigger, slower teams (California)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I don't think Prout should be a regular in the top six, but he's fine rotating in as the #7 from time to time imo.

Reactions: SKRusty

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I don't think Prout should be a regular in the top six, but he's fine rotating in as the #7 from time to time imo.
Prout is the Perfect #7 D-man esspecially with Kylington in the minors. It is my hope if Stone gets healthy and comes back to play a couple showing well then BT could hopefully find a trading partner for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad