GDT: Flames at Blackhawks 8pm GMT

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
On a slightly positive note, Huberdeau is a PPG this year! 2 point game and could have been 3 if not for a goal called off.

I didn't catch the first half of this game but I will say he had some pretty awful giveaways the 2nd half. Huberdeau was also like that in Florida where he'd have a few points but his overall play would cancel everything out.

Oh well, baby steps. He needs to sustain this production a good bit more for me to start getting excited, but at least it's something

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Got outworked by a mid tier AHL squad yesterday.
That should indicate to this management staff there's something missing on this roster. On the drive into my office, Brent Krahn was talking about a lot 'waiting around for someone to do something' and I felt that. I think there are teams like the Oilers that can get away with that; where the team will look lost out there or getting dominated but have the ability to sit back and let McDavid do something magical.

We can't do that.

I think it's time we slowly start getting the ball rolling on gutting the roster some. Even if it's Dube for a 6th round pick somewhere. Just get some changes happening.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Got outworked by a mid tier AHL squad yesterday.
That should indicate to this management staff there's something missing on this roster. On the drive into my office, Brent Krahn was talking about a lot 'waiting around for someone to do something' and I felt that. I think there are teams like the Oilers that can get away with that; where the team will look lost out there or getting dominated but have the ability to sit back and let McDavid do something magical.

We can't do that.

I think it's time we slowly start getting the ball rolling on gutting the roster some. Even if it's Dube for a 6th round pick somewhere. Just get some changes happening.

Trade deadline is March 8th, I suspect we will start to see lots of moves late January - Mid Feb. I'd be surprised if Conroy waits until the TDL to trade any of our big fish, but I don't see us doing anything right away.

Then again, I was a bit surprised how early we traded Zad. I thought for sure Conroy was going to hold on to him until the TDL as a "f*** you" to his agent.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I had such a hectic schedule again I couldn't watch the game til later. Too bad we had 2 bounce in off our D. And too bad we couldn't win a must win game. Kadri was decent as was the Backs line. PP still struggling despite a goal. Not sure what our plan is as a team for the rest of the year except stumble on I guess.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Trade deadline is March 8th, I suspect we will start to see lots of moves late January - Mid Feb. I'd be surprised if Conroy waits until the TDL to trade any of our big fish, but I don't see us doing anything right away.

Then again, I was a bit surprised how early we traded Zad. I thought for sure Conroy was going to hold on to him until the TDL as a "f*** you" to his agent.

From some reports, Zad was not helping this team behind the scenes and just needed to get get punted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad