Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire C Drew Shore from FLA for Corban Knight

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Raymond came back strong for a game, Byron should sit for one. Add me on the list of wanting Byron sitting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, at the game on Saturday my buddy was impressed with Byron. I swear I didn't even point him out or anything as a guy I liked. And he doesn't watch too much Flames hockey despite being a fan. So there. My one friend's opinion trumps all of yours.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Fully agreed with giving Byron a game off. I actually thought Byron played good in his limited 4th line minutes but really, he should not be letting Bouma take his spot on the 3rd line, no matter how well Bouma has been playing. He just has to take it up a notch.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd like to try Shore as our #4 centre (maybe #3 if he out performs Stajan) and move Granlund to the wing.

Glencross - Monahan - Hudler
Gaudreau - Backlund - Jones
Granlund - Stajan/Shore - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan/Shore - Byron/Raymond/Bollig

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
This is how I would like to see it:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Colborne - Backlund - Jones/Shore
Glencross - Granlund - Raymond
Bouma - Stajan - Jones/Shore

xBollig,Byron

I like Jones' game, he could be one of the most effective 3rd/4th line RW in the game... but he simply is not top 6 material. Would like to see Shore step into that role.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is how I would like to see it:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Colborne - Backlund - Jones/Shore
Glencross - Granlund - Raymond
Bouma - Stajan - Jones/Shore

xBollig,Byron

I like Jones' game, he could be one of the most effective 3rd/4th line RW in the game... but he simply is not top 6 material. Would like to see Shore step into that role.
Granlund need to be moved to the wing, he is abysmal at faceoffs and its hurting this team. It's a good game when he can win 40%

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Granlund need to be moved to the wing, he is abysmal at faceoffs and its hurting this team. It's a good game when he can win 40%

Yep, Granlund should go wing with Shore/Colborne/Jooris at center (when Jooris is back). With Shore in the mix, it makes me wonder if Granlund will start playing on the wing a lot more.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not saying this would happen, but what if Shore goes down the career path of Patrick Sharp?

You guys know I feel that we have a lot of player similarities with the Blackhawks, and I am looking at the trade the Hawks made with the Flyers in 2005.

http://articles.philly.com/2005-12-06/sports/25423254_1_blackhawks-patrick-sharp-matt-ellison

Florida trades a top center prospect to us because of their depth, much like Flyers did with us.

I realize it's a stretch to say Shore will be our Patrick Sharp, but I am just pointing out that this could possibly be a trade that could not only bite Florida in the ***, but could benefit us greatly. I really think Shore will help with some secondary scoring that we could really use.

Again, just a thought I had. I'm just happy that Treliving gained a big asset and only gave up a small one that won't affect us much.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not saying this would happen, but what if Shore goes down the career path of Patrick Sharp?

You guys know I feel that we have a lot of player similarities with the Blackhawks, and I am looking at the trade the Hawks made with the Flyers in 2005.

http://articles.philly.com/2005-12-06/sports/25423254_1_blackhawks-patrick-sharp-matt-ellison

Florida trades a top center prospect to us because of their depth, much like Flyers did with us.

I realize it's a stretch to say Shore will be our Patrick Sharp, but I am just pointing out that this could possibly be a trade that could not only bite Florida in the ***, but could benefit us greatly. I really think Shore will help with some secondary scoring that we could really use.

Definitely.
While I wouldn't say he's a top prospect, he's an AHL all-star at the age of 23, he's shown some good upside at the NHL level and he has some draft pedigree.

I'd definitely like to see him get a few games into the NHL lineup; but clearly I think they want him to get accustomed to playing our system in the A.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd personally rank him below Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau and maybe Poirier for forwards
But I'd put him near the top of this tier of prospects in and around Granlund, Poirier, Baerstchi, Klimchuk (maybe), Jankowski, Gillies, Wotherspoon

Just for giggles, where do you think Shore would rank if we did our prospect ranking today?

Going by what Qubax said, I think he's easily top 10. My list of my top 10 (assuming Gaudreau is still a prospect):

1) Gaudreau
2) Bennett
3) Baertschi
4) Poirier
5) Granlund
6) Ortio
7) Wotherspoon
8) Gillies
9) Shore
10) Klimchuk

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Going by what Qubax said, I think he's easily top 10. My list of my top 10 (assuming Gaudreau is still a prospect):

1) Gaudreau
2) Bennett
3) Baertschi
4) Poirier
5) Granlund
6) Ortio
7) Wotherspoon
8) Gillies
9) Shore
10) Klimchuk

Small semantics I know but I have him behind Klimchuk personally.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My top 10 is so different......

1. Gaudreau
2. Bennett
3. Baertschi
4. Gillies
5. Klimchuk
6. Poirier
7. Jankowski
8. Wotherspoon
9. McDonald
10. Shore
11. Granlund
13. Arnold
14. Ortio
15. Sieloff

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC

1. Gaudreau
2. Bennett
3. Baertschi
4. Gillies
5. Klimchuk
6. Poirier
7. Jankowski
8. Wotherspoon
9. McDonald
10. Shore
11. Granlund
13. Arnold
14. Ortio
15. Sieloff

Ortio is easily before McDonald. Poirier is ahead of Klimchuk for sure.

1. Gaudreau
2. Bennett
3. Poirier
4. Baertschi
5. Gilles
6. Klimchuk
7. Jankowski
8. Wotherspoon
9. Ortio
10. Granlund

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

1. Gaudreau
2. Bennett
3. Baertschi
4. Gillies
5. Klimchuk
6. Poirier
7. Jankowski
8. Wotherspoon
9. McDonald
10. Shore
11. Granlund
13. Arnold
14. Ortio
15. Sieloff

So different, there's 14 of them (no #12)

I might have a player up or down a spot, but generally pretty close to where I'd rank 'em. Difference between #8-14 would be very minimal. Agostino would also make my top 15.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

1. Gaudreau
2. Bennett
3. Baertschi
4. Gillies
5. Klimchuk
6. Poirier
7. Jankowski
8. Wotherspoon
9. McDonald
10. Shore
11. Granlund
13. Arnold
14. Ortio
15. Sieloff

Curious as to why you have Ortio so low? He's easily a top 10er imo. And I do not think that Jankowski cracks the top 10, not yet at least.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
As far as I'm concerned, Gaudreau has graduated.

1. Bennett
2. Baertschi
3. Poirier
4. Wotherspoon
5. Gillies
6. Granlund
7. Klimchuk
8. Shore
9. Ortio
10. Culkin

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, Gaudreau has graduated.

1. Bennett
2. Baertschi
3. Poirier
4. Wotherspoon
5. Gillies
6. Granlund
7. Klimchuk
8. Shore
9. Ortio
10. Culkin

I agree with this. Culkin getting some love.

I would also like to add that I think this was a vote of confidence for Billy Arnold. I think Corban and Bill are bottom six, defensive oriented, faceoff guys.., Calgary probably saw more upside in Arnold.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So different, there's 14 of them (no #12)

I might have a player up or down a spot, but generally pretty close to where I'd rank 'em. Difference between #8-14 would be very minimal. Agostino would also make my top 15.
:laugh::laugh: Oops throw in either Agostino or Culkin then

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Curious as to why you have Ortio so low? He's easily a top 10er imo. And I do not think that Jankowski cracks the top 10, not yet at least.
I have never been that high on Ortio, I just don't see him being an NHL starter. I am also very high on Jankowski, big 2way center that has great hands, skates very well and is excellent on faceoffs; that is a rare combination.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ortio is easily before McDonald. Poirier is ahead of Klimchuk for sure.
How is Ortio easily ahead? McDonald was just the 1st goaltender selected in his draft year, ahead of Demko who many predict to be a stud and it wasn't an out of nowhere pick either. Ortio is just starting to look like he has an NHL future just before his waiver eligibility expires.

And no Poirier is not ahead of Klimchuk "for sure", it is very much debatable.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I have never been that high on Ortio, I just don't see him being an NHL starter. I am also very high on Jankowski, big 2way center that has great hands, skates very well and is excellent on faceoffs; that is a rare combination.

Hmm.. I just think that a goalie that had 27 wins in 37 games last year and 17 in 27 this year would at least be in the top 10. I like Jankowski too, I don't call him a bust by any means; but imo, I don't think he has cracked the top 10 just yet. I'd probably have him at #11 and #10 if Gaudreau does not count anymore.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hmm.. I just think that a goalie that had 27 wins in 37 games last year and 17 in 27 this year would at least be in the top 10. I like Jankowski too, I don't call him a bust by any means; but imo, I don't think he has cracked the top 10 just yet. I'd probably have him at #11 and #10 if Gaudreau does not count anymore.
You need to look at more than wins ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad