GDT: Flames (9-9-2) @ Senators (6-14-1) @ 5:00 PM SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No not at all, you just don't see a goalie starting back to backs often.

Pretty much. I mean if we weren't 500 and desperately needing every win you give your #3 guy a chance but our room for error is 0.

Hope Rittich can do okey tonight. Poor guy got run into the ground against Toronto.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
f*** you Geoff. You deserve to lose this game taking Kylington out. Treliving deserves to lose for hiring such a trash coach.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
- back to back after playing the best team in the division
- early(ish) start
- Rittich third game in four days
- Ottawa not handing out freebies anymore
- Oliver out
- coached by Jeff Wart

What can go wrong?

Canadianhero

Jan 16, 2021
Sens fan here. Reading the comments of your post a lot are negative. Didn’t the flames get 3 outta 4 points from the last 2games from the Leafs and are just behind Montreal who are in a free fall at the moment! Much better than the Sens are positioned! I’m excited to see the Brothers play tonight and to watch the only team from the North the Sens haven’t played!

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Sens fan here. Reading the comments of your post a lot are negative. Didn’t the flames get 3 outta 4 points from the last 2games from the Leafs and are just behind Montreal who are in a free fall at the moment! Much better than the Sens are positioned! I’m excited to see the Brothers play tonight and to watch the only team from the North the Sens haven’t played!

David Rittich got 4 points from the last two games, the Flames gave one back.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm not even a Kylington fan boy like some of y'all but the message this sends to the youth in the roster is absolutely terrible. You get on the ice and you immediately aren't trusted. One mistake and your line is essentially benched, and then if you do preform you're going to be scratched the next night for someone who just had a bad game. You have guys like Monahan, Tkachuk, Nordstrom, and Lucic who have all had terrible games but their spot in the lineup has consistently been safe, whereas Kylington/Gawdin have had no trust from the second their name is in the lineup card. Makes me kind of happy Phillips or Ruzicka aren't in the NHL yet because Ward would play them 5 minutes and bench them before the 3rd.

If you're going to be a hard-ass with keeping some guys out of the lineup or lowering their ice time that has to be consistent across the board becuase at this rate it just comes across as having a guy in the doghouse for no reason.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm not even a Kylington fan boy like some of y'all but the message this sends to the youth in the roster is absolutely terrible. You get on the ice and you immediately aren't trusted. One mistake and your line is essentially benched, and then if you do preform you're going to be scratched the next night for someone who just had a bad game. You have guys like Monahan, Tkachuk, Nordstrom, and Lucic who have all had terrible games but their spot in the lineup has consistently been safe, whereas Kylington/Gawdin have had no trust from the second their name is in the lineup card. Makes me kind of happy Phillips or Ruzicka aren't in the NHL yet because Ward would play them 5 minutes and bench them before the 3rd.

If you're going to be a hard-ass with keeping some guys out of the lineup or lowering their ice time that has to be consistent across the board becuase at this rate it just comes across as having a guy in the doghouse for no reason.

Its almost like Ward is in over his head

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Nesterov in, Kyl out.

#FreeKyl
AARRGGHHH...its obvious that our coach has a real dislike for speed and skill...I am trying to figure out WHY putting Kylington in against Toronto and their league leading offence was good but now Calgary is playing a bottom dweller we revert back...
well that gave me a headache...its a good thing I wasn't really planning on watching the snooze fest.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Remember the plethora of artcles that came out after Peters got fired where the players discussed how much they enjoyed playing for Ward and where the balance between the coach and roster was the healthiest it had ever been? We had dudes soundtracking their practices and a style of play that was developed for the players after Ward opened a dialogue with them.

Now things are incredibly tense and we have Ward unreasonably jerking guys all over and out of the line-up, playing favourites with players that are cold as ice, and married to tactics have killed this team's strengths.

Love the Flames. Truly do

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Probably reading into this too much but this organization does some things that feel underhanded. The constant praise of Mackey feels like a play to stay relevant to American college draftees and the plugging of Nesterov after he's been a total dud feels like a way to appeal to future KHL/Russian free agents. Lucic on PP2 feels like something done to keep him happy before the expansion draft after we honoured his NMC for some reason

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

The Flames are tanking and accidentally got 3 points.

Tank Commander Ward with the adjustment, Nesterov Back in.

In Ward We Trust The Tank

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Why the hell did the Flames sign Louis Domingue if they aren't going to use him in situations like this?

I just don't understand this organization.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Why the hell did the Flames sign Louis Domingue if they aren't going to use him in situations like this?

I just don't understand this organization.
He's in quarantine after attending the funeral of someone close to him. At least I think he's still in quarantine. Either way, throwing him in cold after not playing for some time would look worse on the Flames imo

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looking forward to the Flames playing a nice relaxing game because they are just so much better than Ottawa and then getting outshot 40-20 and relying on Rittich to save their asses.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I want to see some goals. No disrespect to Ottawa but we need someone to step up and at least pot 2. Not sure if we've had a guy score multiple goals yet this season.
I want to see us put up 5 goals or 20 goals in the next 4 games.
Here's hoping.
This is absolutely season defining. If we crap the bed, the season is over and it's time for change.
If we dominate and win some games the season continues.
Tonight will show me a lot.

I agree. I'd rather lose 5-4 than 2-1. No goals hockey blows.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Don’t you losers understand ward is running an exclusive country club?

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Lose against Ottawa, then watch a 3 point game unfold in WPG/MTL followed by McDavid destroying Vancouver and things can get uuuugly real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad