Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't know, just win or something.

Live shot of me while making this thread:

old-man-smiling-Copy-768x1024.jpg

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
If we don't get at least 3/4 here against Ottawa the season is toast. Most other teams are .500 or around when you take out Ottawa games. To be quite honest.. We're luck to even be .500 with how shitty this team plays.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
As long as Oliver's in the line-up, I'll watch. Once he inevitably gets yanked for something stupid, I'm done until Ward's gone

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Biggest problem with Flames: thinking that 95% effort will do, so they lose games againts "lesser" teams. When they think the opponent is a tough one, they go to 99% and sometimes that is enough. See Vancouver and Toronto games.

This could be fixed by coaching change or leadership change, latter one is harder to do

Reactions: Tofveve

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Let's look at Flames skaters last goals. First off the guys who have played this year without goals;
Rinaldo, Kylington, Robinson, Ritchie, Gawdin, Simon, Nesterov, Nordstrom, Ryan, Leivo, Hanifin, Valimaki. That's quite a bit, but hey, at least there are only 5* every day players on that list (Simon was a regular and Kylington isn't even tho he should be)

Gaudreau: Feb 15th PP goal in overtime (scored 2 games earlier)
Lindholm: Feb 15th in regulation (scored 3 games earlier)
Tkachuk: Feb 22nd PP goal in regulation (scored 10 games earlier and has 3 even strength goals total)
Monahan: Feb 22nd PP goal in regulation (scored 13 games earlier for his one even strength goal of the year)
Andersson: Feb 19th in reguation (scored 11 games earlier)
Mangiapane: feb 24th in regulation (scored Feb 1st, 4th, 9th, 11th, 17th, and 20th with only on goal on the PP)
Giordano: Feb 11th PP goal in regulation (Scored 10 games earlier)
Backlund: Feb 6th in regulation (scored 4 games earlier)
Lucic: Feb 15th in regulation (scored 4 games earlier)
Dube: Feb 15th in regulation (scored 4 games earlier)
Bennett: Feb 22nd in regulation (scored 5 games earlier)
Tanev: Feb 1st in regulation (only goal)

So you look at it and Mangiapane is our only consistent scorer. Andersson, Giordano, Valimaki, etc. are all d-men so looking at how long they have gone without goals doesn't seem super pertinent. Backlund has been pointless in the last 7 games, Dube and Lucic in the last 4 or so don't have anything either. That line is cold after winning the first BoA game for the Flame. Lindholm and Gaudreau were hot but it seems they can't buy a goal either. Monahan and Tkachuk recently got monkeys off their backs... idk. If you go to Wards lineups the goal scoring doesnt look as bad until you get to the 4th line.

(9) - (3) - (3)
(6) - (5) - (7)
(4) - (3) - (3)
(0) - (0) - (0)

(2) - (3)
(0) - (1)
(0) - (0)

This actually paints a weird picture where the Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane line is doing preeetty good. Which was surprising so I figured why not just look at even strength goals scored and remake the lineup thing.

(5) - (1) - (3)
(3) - (3) - (6)
(4) - (3) - (1)
(0) - (0) - (0)

(1) - (2)
(0) - (1)
(0) - (0)

I think this paints a much greater picture of where the Flames are struggling. There is nothing wrong with having a good PP that can help win games. There is, however, an issue with doing absolutely nothing 5v5 throughout the lineup. Idk, doing that seems pointless but I'm bored with nothing better to do, so might as well visualise just how bad they have been and "confirm" the eye test.

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is just like the 4 games against the Nucks.

before: we are going to sweep
After: we got our butt whipped but we got 4 pts

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I want to see some goals. No disrespect to Ottawa but we need someone to step up and at least pot 2. Not sure if we've had a guy score multiple goals yet this season.
I want to see us put up 5 goals or 20 goals in the next 4 games.
Here's hoping.
This is absolutely season defining. If we crap the bed, the season is over and it's time for change.
If we dominate and win some games the season continues.
Tonight will show me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad