GDT: Flames (9-9-2) @ Senators (6-14-1) @ 5:00 PM SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Who took a solid step forward under Ward this year? Mang, possibly, but he was a bright spot last year.

Dube plateaued, Andersson regressed, Vali well below expectations, and obviously he's incapable of weaving in any of our young players other than McKay who's already out. Hanifin looked better than last year for a while thanks to Tanev, but even he's unraveling now.

Dude cant win, cant develop talent, what can he do?

Reactions: super6646

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Who took a solid step forward under Ward this year? Mang, possibly, but he was a bright spot last year.

Dube plateaued, Andersson regressed, Vali well below expectations, and obviously he's incapable of weaving in any of our young players other than McKay who's already out. Hanifin looked better than last year for a while thanks to Tanev, but even he's unraveling now.

Dude cant win, cant develop talent, what can he do?

Lucic i guess

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Lucic had some interesting stuff to say after the game. Pretty much said (paraphrasing)

"This isn't an X's and O's porbelm, we have to be playing and sacrificing for each other. This is all on the players."

Not sure how true it is, of course people will claim Lucic would never through Ward under the bus, but after he's been the most vocal "I love this room" guys out there it is interesting that he implies that they aren't playing for each other. Also interesting that he is one of the few guys who you can never question the heart of. He's not always good but you can tell he's giving it his best. Not sure you can say that about anyone else on the team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lucic had some interesting stuff to say after the game. Pretty much said (paraphrasing)

"This isn't an X's and O's porbelm, we have to be playing and sacrificing for each other. This is all on the players."

Not sure how true it is, of course people will claim Lucic would never through Ward under the bus, but after he's been the most vocal "I love this room" guys out there it is interesting that he implies that they aren't playing for each other. Also interesting that he is one of the few guys who you can never question the heart of. He's not always good but you can tell he's giving it his best. Not sure you can say that about anyone else on the team.

Lucic is trying to save Ward’s ass

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
They seemed to be playing for each other until our GM and coach decided to intimidate a beloved member of the locker room to send a message during a pandemic. Hmmm
Idk if this is your obsession with Brodie (which again, we don't know about), or the Tkachuk stuff, but Tkachuk's happened in a closed door, coachless meeting. If it's Brodie, other teams recognize it's a business, there's no reason the Flames shouldn't. Ig there could be something I haven't heard about but this seems like twisting ever little thing to blame the coach and GM.

Lucic is trying to save Ward’s ass
Pretty easy way to look at things to blame who you don't like

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Idk if this is your obsession with Brodie (which again, we don't know about), or the Tkachuk stuff, but Tkachuk's happened in a closed door, coachless meeting. If it's Brodie, other teams recognize it's a business, there's no reason the Flames shouldn't. Ig there could be something I haven't heard about but this seems like twisting ever little thing to blame the coach and GM.

Pretty easy way to look at things to blame who you don't like

He’s talking about Bennett.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
He’s talking about Bennett.
Oh. Bennett got scratched when there was an agreed upon deal to send him to Colorado prior to them getting blasted with COVID iirc, so even then that's weak. They played the same way against Toronto as they did against other teams--the wheels fell off around the time of the players only meeting

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Superstore is funny as hell, I highly recommend

Incredible troll. I liked the office and parks and rec, but NBC comedies otherwise are typically horrific. Popped on first ep of this based on your review and must high five you for stealing this 20 mins from me w network cringe-humour.

Oof.

Edit. I'm also seething from our loss so turning on a show that to me is incredibly unfunny but knowing that's a subjective stance isn't fair to blast you for it.

For those looking to light me up for my own preferences I enjoyed Ted Lasso (apple tv+) and didn't think I would.
Dave on fx
After life on NF
Upload on prime.
Ooh and the cringiest of the cringe
Nathan for you on comedy Central (but crave for Canadians now). It's old but I just recently got to it.

These are some recent comedies I've seen that have really hard to stomach during annoying and or very cringe moments but are overall very good.

Superstore may be in a similar bucket where the positives outweigh the lowbrow cringe, but the pilot didn't do it any favours.

For more serious stuff I highly recommend Dark on NF (German SciFi series)
Devs on fx (from Alex garland who did ex Machina and annihilation and also wrote 28 days later and sunshine)
Zerozerozero on prime (from creator of Italian mafia show Gomorrah which I'm now watching as well)

Cheers folks. I realize all this should go in a different forum at this point.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If this team is disgusted about how a management staff handles a run of the mill plug... everyone should be shown the door.
Here's every prospect ever under Treliving:

Congrats you've just been drafted by the Calgary Flames!

Fast forward...

You've had a really good few seasons in junior/college/Stockton and a great training camp. Let's keep you toiling in the minors for a few seasons while we deal with the dud vet free agent we signed with a blank check. We'll revisit this discussion next year.

Wow. Great rookie season for the Flames. We love what you've brought to the team. But here's why we need you to sign a two-way contract...

You've really exceeded expectations in your bottom 6 role. But it would be great for the team if you signed for under 2 million. Remember we own you because you're an RFA.

Ok. We finally have space for you to move up after buying out our 7th useless free agency signing. You're gonna have to play out of position but we'll look to address that any day now...

What kind of message does it send to the team when a career Flame who was recently dubbed as "one of the core" is immediately ostracized from the team following a public trade request?

And then what else do you think runs through the team's mind when the GM then goes on record to say that they'll decide when the player gets to leave the team in the crudest way possible, especially after this jackass strong arms every young player he's brought through in contract negotiations only to then cripple this team with vets he signs on a whim.

This team has every reason to detest this management team

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Oh. Bennett got scratched when there was an agreed upon deal to send him to Colorado prior to them getting blasted with COVID iirc, so even then that's weak. They played the same way against Toronto as they did against other teams--the wheels fell off around the time of the players only meeting
where'd you hear this? Wonder what the return was

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I watched the game tonight. I'm going to bed now. I should sleep good. I'm in a good mood.

You know why? Its because I just don't care anymore. It's obvious the players don't. Why should I?

Good night.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
2 massive blowouts in 1 week. If anyone thinks this is a good team, you need to put down the pipe. There is nothing trending positive with this team. Lou was on the radio today and was so defensive of the coaches and their accomplishments, that’s a joke.

I'm at a point where I'm just numb to this sports organization. Time to start anew... management... coaching... half the blueline..., and bring back Paul Byron because we've been cursed since the day we waived Small Paul.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
2 massive blowouts in 1 week. If anyone thinks this is a good team, you need to put down the pipe. There is nothing trending positive with this team. Lou was on the radio today and was so defensive of the coaches and their accomplishments, that’s a joke.

Lou and Wills are the biggest brown-nosers ever. I can't stand listening to them.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Incredible troll. I liked the office and parks and rec, but NBC comedies otherwise are typically horrific. Popped on first ep of this based on your review and must high five you for stealing this 20 mins from me w network cringe-humour.

Oof.

Edit. I'm also seething from our loss so turning on a show that to me is incredibly unfunny but knowing that's a subjective stance isn't fair to blast you for it.

For those looking to light me up for my own preferences I enjoyed Ted Lasso (apple tv+) and didn't think I would.
Dave on fx
After life on NF
Upload on prime.
Ooh and the cringiest of the cringe
Nathan for you on comedy Central (but crave for Canadians now). It's old but I just recently got to it.

These are some recent comedies I've seen that have really hard to stomach during annoying and or very cringe moments but are overall very good.

Superstore may be in a similar bucket where the positives outweigh the lowbrow cringe, but the pilot didn't do it any favours.

For more serious stuff I highly recommend Dark on NF (German SciFi series)
Devs on fx (from Alex garland who did ex Machina and annihilation and also wrote 28 days later and sunshine)
Zerozerozero on prime (from creator of Italian mafia show Gomorrah which I'm now watching as well)

Cheers folks. I realize all this should go in a different forum at this point.
I wasnt trolling :( I liked it lol. But to each their own.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Im 3 seasons in now and I really enjoy it, the first half-season was not so good though.
tumblr_ox1ts4gmpb1qa0s3ho3_500.gifv

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad