GDT: Flames (8-9-1) @ Leafs (14-3-2): How many goals will Matthews torch us for? SNW 5PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I really want to support Bennett but it’s time to put up or shut up (maybe bye bye in this case)

He has been here almost as long as Treliving and we had enough of Treliving as well.
that’s more than half a lifespan of an average NHLer

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lose both to Toronto and we suddenly have a record that mirrors Vancouver - a team we were sure was far below us!

Set a goal - win one of the next 2 (somehow)
Win all 5 against the Sens (dreams)
Steal a win from Edmonton (who you've empowered to believe are much better than you)

Doing the above would get you 14 out of 16 possible points and certainly put you into 3rd or 4th place in the North, somewhere we don't like deserve to be, but it would give the team a chance to be that fringe playoff team, with the hope that some other teams will crash and burn.

GFG - Win, Lose, OTL, please score first and heaven forbid, score the first and second goals of the game - for once!

we may not win the series against the senators the way we are playing. Forget the sweep lol... full tank mode in a couple days

Reactions: BudRobinson53

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kylington Kyave our Kyeason

Not sure why the Giordano-Andersson pairing is still intact. They just haven't meshed very well.

(Warning) Small Sample Size

Giordano - Valimaki :
TOI - 31:58
CF% - 61.90%
HDCF% - 65%
xGF - 2.32
xGA - 1.2
xGF% - 66%

Giordano - Andersson :
TOI - 205:58
CF% - 48.35%
HDCF% - 49%
xGF - 8.1
xGA - 8.75
xGF% - 48.07%

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair, Elliotte is basically a blogger. It's what he thinks should happen packaged as paraphrasing a source. He's not quoting Craig Conroy here.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Kylington Kyave our Kyeason

Not sure why the Giordano-Andersson pairing is still intact. They just haven't meshed very well.

(Warning) Small Sample Size

Giordano - Valimaki :
TOI - 31:58
CF% - 61.90%
HDCF% - 65%
xGF - 2.32
xGA - 1.2
xGF% - 66%

Giordano - Andersson :
TOI - 205:58
CF% - 48.35%
HDCF% - 49%
xGF - 8.1
xGA - 8.75
xGF% - 48.07%
How does that compare to Valimaki-Andersson?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Losing is actually the best thing for this team. There is no chance this team can go far in the playoffs

hopefully they can get a new GM to rebuild properly

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It's not the Calgary Flames way if you don't try to exhaust every avenue before looking at the clear and obvious solution

Roster could still use Phillips and Zavgorodniy though

Dube - Bennett - Phillips
Tkachuk - Backlund - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Monahan
Lucic - Ryan - Zavgorodniy

Valimaki - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Giordano - Hanifin

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Valimaki - Andersson (All strengths):
TOI - 15:34
CF% - 60.53%
HDCF% - 77.78%
xGF - 1.22
xGA - 1.18
xGF% - 50.87%

Gotta say, I think Giordano is the guy who’s struggling mightily right now. Just kind of bleh. No offence, no real defence... just this guy who plays a lot of minutes with nothing great happening.

Rasmus I feel also isn’t playing to potential. Honestly, when Phat Ras is playing his best, there’s that shit eating grin, he’s kind of ratty too... this year it looks like he’s just exasperated on every shift.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gotta say, I think Giordano is the guy who’s struggling mightily right now. Just kind of bleh. No offence, no real defence... just this guy who plays a lot of minutes with nothing great happening.

He old. The Flames really need to be limiting his minutes in this shortened season so he's not a complete bag of shit in the final stretch. They aren't going to get #1 quality defense from him any more but competent top 4 should be in reach.

Rasmus I feel also isn’t playing to potential. Honestly, when Phat Ras is playing his best, there’s that shit eating grin, he’s kind of ratty too... this year it looks like he’s just exasperated on every shift.

He's had a heap of new responsibilities this season and has generally been alright but it seems like a too much too soon to have him running PP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad