GDT: FLAMES (37-27-17) vs. PREDATORS (40-31-8) | 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West/One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
30 1-goal losses this year. Most in the NHL by far.

This is where guys like Huberdeau, Kadri & Markstrom should be the difference. Huberdeau is not even gonna hit 60 points this year, Kadri with a solid -20 and Markstrom with a .892.%

Pathetic. Just pathetic. Sutter gets blame too, for playing Huberdeau on his off-wing for ~40 games or some shit IDEK. Team needs a new direction, new vision. Something, you can't run it back next year and hope for better results.

Now on to cheer for any team but Edmonton in the playoffs. Good season everyone.

/rant

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
What hurts most is the absolute terrible performances against the worst teams in the league this season. Not being able to beat teams like Chicago and Anaheim is just pathetic. If we had consistently won those games, and it was the teams like Vegas and Dallas etc we just couldn't beat, this would still suck, but it wouldn't hurt nearly as bad.

This teams uncanny ability to play down to lesser opponents yet frequently beat better teams is just baffling and frustrating.

I hope the dome is a ghost town on Wednesday to send a message

Watch the Jets lose their next 2 games.

Oh man.
I'd genuinely rather see Nashville make it. Seeing them make it in after selling would be nice for their fans tbh

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Ohhh boy that was a painful season to watch. The hockey they play is horrid and the players inspire no confidence at all. Please for the love of god inject some youth into this lineup. We should see all of Pelts, Coro, Wolf and maybe Zary get extended looks. Sutter has to go too at this point... we're stuck with this core for now and it won't work with him.

At the end of the day we're most likely f'd for the foreseeable future.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs fan coming in peace. Was really pulling for you guys to make the playoffs.

I think you gotta fire your GM and coach.

Then plan for a rebuild.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What hurts most is the absolute terrible performances against the worst teams in the league this season. Not being able to beat teams like Chicago and Anaheim is just pathetic. If we had consistently won those games, and it was the teams like Vegas and Dallas etc we just couldn't beat, this would still suck, but it wouldn't hurt nearly as bad.

This teams uncanny ability to play down to lesser opponents yet frequently beat better teams is just baffling and frustrating.

I hope the dome is a ghost town on Wednesday to send a message

I'd genuinely rather see Nashville make it. Seeing them make it in after selling would be nice for their fans tbh

Nah I hope Nashville stays in purgatory.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Nick Ritchie deservedly won a 7th Player award in Boston but I was shocked to see him in the third shootout round with the season on the line. He's bounced around in recent years. Think Brett would have scored?

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Classic Darryl.

I really don’t think it’s a coincidence that those three players were picked with our season on the line. Sutter can’t help himself.

“Sending messages” until the bitter end.

Also why do you think we struggle against bottom feeders?! The way Darryl has this team playing essentially eliminates the skill gaps between teams.

This season was nightmare fuel. The agony is over.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
that was the worst season I've ever experienced as a fan. And you guys know there has been some serious stinkers

its-been-emotional-walk-away.gif

The organization needs some fresh blood, both on the ice and off.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If anyone needs a bit of heavy metal in their life this song is fitting.
Bang your heads, get your anger and aggression out.

Oooh love your taste.

Off topic but despite the big 4 of Thrash metal being Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica. Overkill has always been the best thrash metal band in my eyes. They've been insanely consistent for 40+ years. Blitz is a killer vocalist.

Anyways, this team couldn't have lost the playoff race in a more fitting f***ing way to sum up the season.

Outshot opponent? Check
Outgoalied? Check
Go into OT/SO? Check
Sutter overelying on vets in crucial moments? Check
Lose by one goal? Check

The Calgary special.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Honestly, if anyone is defending Darryl Sutter . . . Is there not any coach anywhere that couldn't have gotten more or at least similar out of this squad as Sutter did?

And I actually put part of the blame of Gaudreau and Tkachuk leaving on Sutter. I still can't shake how Matthew looked from the second the puck dropped against Dallas, like Darryl's last screeching words to his team was "out-f***ing-hit them! Anything that moves throw your body at it! Oh and throw a million pucks at the net!" We barely got through that series and had nothing left in the tank against Edmonton. Horrible memories but I think it reminds me of a big aspect of the problem here despite him winning coach of the year last year.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Counting down the days Dennis Wideman and Deryk Engelland were off the books
Then Troy Brouwer
Then James Neal
Then Milan Lucic

Now Kadri and Huberdeau

Can't wait for Treliving's final gift to us in the form of a 7x9.5 for Hanifin

Top 5 Gm! Elite! Sure the roster he assembled didn’t get it done, but it isn’t his fault!

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
At least I can say I either disliked or hated every moves the flames made this summer the moment they happened.

I might be in the minority, but I don't want Sutter to be fired. I've been frustrated with him since late last season, but in my mind he's undoubtedly a very good coach, all things considered. Most of the complaints about him are largely league wide issues with coaches - overrating veterans and all that jazz.

My main concern is with Treliving and ownership for enabling his aimless, reactive GMing. His decisions all seem to be about instant gratification above everything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad