GDT: FLAMES (37-27-17) vs. PREDATORS (40-31-8) | 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West/One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
At least I can say I either disliked or hated every moves the flames made this summer the moment they happened.

I might be in the minority, but I don't want Sutter to be fired. I've been frustrated with him since late last season, but in my mind he's undoubtedly a very good coach, all things considered. Most of the complaints about him are largely league wide issues with coaches - overrating veterans and all that jazz.

My main concern is with Treliving and ownership for enabling his aimless, reactive GMing. His decisions all seem to be about instant gratification above everything else.

TBH this isn't a valid excuse in 2023. Coaches like Cooper, Bednar, Laviolette, Tortorella, Brind'Amour, Boudreau, Evason, Sullivan, Quennville, heck even Bill Peters would have a better balance for utilizing the youth.

Sutter's approach is not just antiquated but flat out wrong. The majority of field being equally wrong does not make Sutter right, it makes the NHL an idiocracy

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Oooh love your taste.

Off topic but despite the big 4 of Thrash metal being Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica. Overkill has always been the best thrash metal band in my eyes. They've been insanely consistent for 40+ years. Blitz is a killer vocalist.

Anyways, this team couldn't have lost the season in a more fitting f***ing way to sum up the season.

Outshot opponent? Check
Outgoalied? Check
Go into OT/SO? Check
Sutter overelying on vets in crucial moments? Check
Lose by one goal? Check

The Calgary special.
Grew up on metal. I've got tickets for Megadeth in Hamilton, Ontario in May.
Got tickets for Helloween in Toronto in May. I've never seen them but been a fan for so many years, they just rarely come to Canada.
Also grabbed Pantera/Lamb of God tickets and Mastodon/Gojira/Lorna Shore, both shows in Toronto in August.

It'll be hard to top 2022 for concerts though, I saw my Judas Priest/Queensryche and then Iron Maiden on Legacy of the Beast tour. I was row 2 for both of these shows and Iron Maiden, Judas Priest is 1, 2 for me for favorite bands.

Anyone else going to see anything this year?
See how fast I've moved on from this cruddy team lol.

Reactions: Felidae and Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Got tickets for Helloween in Toronto in May. I've never seen them but been a fan for so many years, they just rarely come to Canada.
Also grabbed Pantera/Lamb of God tickets and Mastodon/Gojira/Lorna Shore, both shows in Toronto in August.

It'll be hard to top 2022 for concerts though, I saw my Judas Priest/Queensryche and then Iron Maiden on Legacy of the Beast tour. I was row 2 for both of these shows and Iron Maiden, Judas Priest is 1, 2 for me for favorite bands.

Man that's an impressive list, and recently . . . Metal is my favorite genre but only have been to a dozen or so concerts with Metallica, slayer and megadeath being probably the biggest ones.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

Damn, that sounds like it will be a blast.

Not much of a concert guy myself, only metal one I've ever attended was Behemoth, and thats because they were a 30 minute bus drive away lol.

Mastodon and Gojira are up there for my favourite newer metal bands and Judas Priest is what got me into metal so they'll always be number 1 for me. Awesome to hear the OGs still put up a good show after all these years though!

Reactions: Boomstick

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Missed the game. Aside from blaming the players/coaches, how was the reffing? I see the refs (ie the league) gave Preds 2 more power plays than Flames. Did they ignore any obvious infractions by the Preds?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Who cares about Nick Ritchie in the shoot out. Look who nashville had - Tomasino, Evangelista, Glass, Novak. Anybody even heard of these guys? Who cares. The team shouldn't have been in this position in the first place. Of course Raj runs with it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad