GDT: FLAMES (34-26-15) @ CANUCKS (34-34-6) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
And we didn't bring Wolf up why?

Ive been saying it since like Feb.

Everyone all like "Oh a rookie goalie can't make that big of a difference"

Binnington, Murray, Roy.

I think just the team having confidence their goalie would make a save would have done wonders.....

Fkn Marky...

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Where the hell was Hanifin? This team lol
Hanifin activated high because he had support from Backlund, which is a very normal decision. Backlund double clutching whether to pinch or play back, then covering no one on his back check caused that goal. Defensively he’s been rough tonight.

Reactions: Deen

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
What an absolute f***ed up period that was. Ups and downs.
The way we're going, it'll be another 1 goal loss, another game we outshot the opponent by 10 + and another game we don't come back in the 3rd.
Adding to our records boys.
Hoping for a miracle.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still can't understand why fingers are being pointed at Markstrom for games like this. Holding the other team to 12 shots is literally meaningless if you are still giving up this many high-danger chances. Could he have read the Pettersson shot differently? Sure, but that goal goes in on elite goalies all the time. The rest of them? Play some defence. He's already made saves on odd-man rushes, deflections in tight and a few other dangerous chances, but expecting him to stop them all just because of the low shot count continues to mystify me.

You have to love the fact that we have so few shots against most nights, but we would be better off allowing 30 contested shots than giving up a breakaway, an uncontested 2-on-1 and a back door tap in all in the same game.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Still can't understand why fingers are being pointed at Markstrom for games like this. Holding the other team to 12 shots is literally meaningless if you are still giving up this many high-danger chances. Could he have read the Pettersson shot differently? Sure, but that goal goes in on elite goalies all the time. The rest of them? Play some defence. He's already made saves on odd-man rushes, deflections in tight and a few other dangerous chances, but expecting him to stop them all just because of the low shot count continues to mystify me.

You have to love the fact that we have so few shots against most nights, but we would be better off allowing 30 contested shots than giving up a breakaway, an uncontested 2-on-1 and a back door tap in all in the same game.

Only goal I'd argue he should save was the breakaway, which is still a grade A chance, the other 3 are all tap ins from defensive breakdowns.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

I agree. We need to allow 0 shots. Otherwise it’s unfair

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Huberdeau is like the tin man. The winter sucked out his oil.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Thinking about all the one-goal games we lost and our ZERO third period comebacks, imagine what an extra 10 goals split across Kadri, Mangiapane, Lindholm, Huberdeau, Weegar would mean for this team.

Dillon Dube has 2 goals since Feb 16th and is sitting 4th in Flames goals.

Maybe this is the game

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Thinking about all the one-goal games we lost and our ZERO third period comebacks, imagine what an extra 10 goals split across Kadri, Mangiapane, Lindholm, Huberdeau, Weegar would mean for this team.

Dillon Dube has 2 goals since Feb 16th and is sitting 4th in Flames goals.

Maybe this is the game
Speculating is dumb, especially after the season they had last year (pretty much everyone getting career highs), but I would not be surprised if the team has tuned Sutter out already.

IDGAF is Quenville is a butthole, this team under him would do wonders me thinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad