GDT: FLAMES (34-26-15) @ CANUCKS (34-34-6) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This one worries me. Canucks are playing very good hockey right now and I know theyd love to play spoiler to the Flames. Team needs to come out strong tonight.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Duehr once again within the first 3 stars of the night.

"He has zero talent, am just honest and sharing a non overrated view."

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I mean, Duehr has only 9 less points than Trevor Lewis who has played 54 more games, and only 8 less points than Lucic who has played 49 more games

He also has 3 more points than Pelletier in 2 less games, and Pelletier was a PPG AHL player at ages 20 and 21. Ofc Pelletier is better with more potential, but the point is Walker is playing decent atm.

Even if you think Duehr is a below average bottom 6er and won't pan out as a NHL regular, unless they get a massive upgrade in depth, he absolutely has a place on this team for now just based on how lackluster other role players have been.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
No you guys are right a 4th line plug who has never had a decent offensive season in his life is what we need more of.

Not actual talent, 4th line garbage is the solution.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
No you guys are right a 4th line plug who has never had a decent offensive season in his life is what we need more of.

No man, the issue is that the fan base is allowed to cheer for someone who is doing well, not shit all over them because they "Never had a decent offensive season in their lives"

People are allowed to bring more to a team than putting up 150 points a year. But by all means, shit on a kid thats living his dream right now, while you're just angry posting on an internet forum.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
No man, the issue is that the fan base is allowed to cheer for someone who is doing well, not shit all over them because they "Never had a decent offensive season in their lives"

People are allowed to bring more to a team than putting up 150 points a year. But by all means, shit on a kid thats living his dream right now, while you're just angry posting on an internet forum.

Why can't the fans cheering for him? Who is stopping that? Pointing out facts about a player is not shitting all over them.

Sure players can bring more than just points I have no problem is Duehr plays on our 4th line, but that doesn't mean I can't point out that we should want better than what he brings. Again that is not shitting on anyone.

Also I am not angrily doing anything. Just posting my thoughts which unfortunately is too much for some "fans" to handle.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

I'd take a team full of hard working 4th liners over lazy talent anyday. That was what got us (and Kipper ofcourse) to our last final.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
It really is tho. When you have absolutely nothing positive to say about anyone, it just kinda shows who you are. I haven't read one post you have made that isn't taking shots at people on the team or office, or anything.

Its starting to get to the point where if I didn't find your hot takes so comical I would skip over the post entirely, because there is no value added to your opinions where its just negative all the time. And im sure im not the only poster here who notices this.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Slap these stupid fish around the place

But for fantasy purposes if any Canucks were to score let's say I could forgive Hughes and Kuzmenko.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
It really is tho. When you have absolutely nothing positive to say about anyone, it just kinda shows who you are. I haven't read one post you have made that isn't taking shots at people on the team or office, or anything.

Its starting to get to the point where if I didn't find your hot takes so comical I would skip over the post entirely, because there is no value added to your opinions where its just negative all the time. And im sure im not the only poster here who notices this.

LOL

I guess people just read what they want. I don't have hot takes, it is laughable to say that when my big hot take here is that we need more skill than Walker Duehr. There is nothing hot about that take, there is nothing controversial. The only way to have a problem with it is if you are overly sensitive that everyone isn't a super homer overrating every player.

I'd take a team full of hard working 4th liners over lazy talent anyday. That was what got us (and Kipper ofcourse) to our last final.

I'd gladly take a team of talent over hard workers everyday because a team with out talent has zero chance to win, a team with talent at least has the potential to win something.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Duehr is just a strange target when this team has so many more deserving ones. You can literally pick almost anyone else at random and not have anyone disagree.

Reactions: Felidae

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
You know it's funny. I get what @MM917 is saying, and I get what everyone else is saying.
Sometimes you just don't like a certain player.
I've held my thoughts on one player I couldn't stand, but everyone else on this board loved him.
That player was Derek Ryan. I thought he was too small, too useless and whenever he'd have a golden opportunity with the puck on his stick he flubbed it. I couldn't stand him and I couldn't understand why anybody here liked him. He never put up many points, won a few faceoffs, but didn't contribute much in my opinion. When we acquired him, I hadn't even heard of him when he was on Carolina.
As for others, I don't like Lucic, either Ritchie brother and others that have played for the Flames.
So, I think we should just cheer for the Flames. We all have our favorites, we all have players we dislike.
No big deal in my books.
Cheers gang, hoping for 2 big points tonight.

Reactions: Felidae and Deen

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You know it's funny. I get what @MM917 is saying, and I get what everyone else is saying.
Sometimes you just don't like a certain player.
I've held my thoughts on one player I couldn't stand, but everyone else on this board loved him.
That player was Derek Ryan. I thought he was too small, too useless and whenever he'd have a golden opportunity with the puck on his stick he flubbed it. I couldn't stand him and I couldn't understand why anybody here liked him. He never put up many points, won a few faceoffs, but didn't contribute much in my opinion. When we acquired him, I hadn't even heard of him when he was on Carolina.
As for others, I don't like Lucic, either Ritchie brother and others that have played for the Flames.
So, I think we should just cheer for the Flames. We all have our favorites, we all have players we dislike.
No big deal in my books.
Cheers gang, hoping for 2 big points tonight.

For me it was always Stajan. Useless.

At work, hopefully the boys show up! Go Flams!

Do it for Toffifee

1680313225931.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad