GDT: FLAMES (33-26-15) vs. KINGS (43-20-10) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What a disastrous display of officiating lmao

Those idiots should be reffing peewee games

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
bender-futurama-slow-walk-tp63pi21925c2us2.gif

Feelin' pretty good after that one. Keep on rollin', baby.
Huge win!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Needed it more than the Kings and actually played like it for once. Ugly 1st period though honestly, the 2nd and 3rd the Flames checked really really well. Kadri was skating much better. Weegar looked great. Markstrom maybe finally remembering that he's actually a good goalie.

left wondering what a Huberdeau-Backlund-Coronato line might look like

Last edited:

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Needed it more than the Kings and actually played like it for once. Ugly 1st period though honestly. Kadri was skating much better. Weegar looked great. Markstrom maybe finally remembering that he's actually a good goalie.

left wondering what a Huberdeau-Backlund-Coronato line might look like
Honestly I’d like to get crazy with it next year.

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Coronato
Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Ruzicka-Dube-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Hanifin-Zadorov

Top line has what should be our best offensive threat and playmaker with two natural goal scorers, while Lindholm is great at elevating linemates. Kadri is puck dominant but seems to need help defensively so his linemates help there, while Toffoli’s foot speed is covered well by his linemates. 3rd line needs no explanation. 4th line mixes speed, tenacity, and skill.

D pairings mix a responsible player and a puck transporter on every line. Can get absolutely rolled at 5v5 with no consequence.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Ruzicka-Dube-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Hanifin-Zadorov

Top line has what should be our best offensive threat and playmaker with two natural goal scorers, while Lindholm is great at elevating linemates. Kadri is puck dominant but seems to need help defensively so his linemates help there, while Toffoli’s foot speed is covered well by his linemates. 3rd line needs no explanation. 4th line mixes speed, tenacity, and skill.

D pairings mix a responsible player and a puck transporter on every line. Can get absolutely rolled at 5v5 with no consequence.

Next year? Just roll that in Playoffs.

Reactions: Boomstick

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
3 games, 5 disallowed goals, 2 being pretty obviously goals, all during do or die hockey. If that just isn’t our entire seasons luck summed up I don’t know what is

If we still make it into a playoff spot, what does that mean for the crap luck?

Do the boys play more rigid? Or do they loosen up?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Labanc scores for the Shorks 2-0

Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli
Ruzicka-Dube-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Hanifin-Zadorov

200w.webp

I kinda like it. Might be good.

Fun Fact:
The Flames only play one other current playoff team this season, and it's the Winnipeg Jets.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I really enjoyed that game; we had great sticks tonight; seemed like we were breaking up or deflecting Kings passes all night. Markstrom was great, Weegar was really good and all the forwards played good defence overall.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
How tf are we still in the hunt for a spot
San Jose just won. Obviously contingent on us winning the matchup vs. Winnipeg, but we only need 1 more point than Winnipeg down the stretch now to get their spot. That’s pretty doable with Winnipeg’s current level of play, and a godly night by Saros doesn’t change their schedule either.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames within a game of Winnipeg now. Beat Winnipeg and they're tied, then they just need a better record down the stretch.

Of course the best team in the league (Boston) loses to Nashville so they could still easily pass us with 2 games in hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad