GDT: FLAMES (33-26-15) vs. KINGS (43-20-10) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I tune in a bit late and immediately see a goal called back and then durzi scores a min or two later. Weeeeeee.

Another game where we should be guaranteed to win and guaranteed to lose. This team just embarrassed you 8-2 with 4 first period goals. Isn’t a team in the league who doesn’t have a chip on their shoulder next time they face someone who embarrassed them. You also won last game, and this team has one set of back to back wins since Jan. 23.

Solution: I bet $20 on LA since moneyline weirdly has us as the favorites. I’ll sacrifice my bank account so that my awful luck gambling can save our playoff hopes.
Yeah it's rare we're ever home underdogs despite being 17-19 on the moneyline. Hell we're often road favourites with a 16-22 record there. I believe I'm around 3-3 when betting on us this yr and something like 28-10 when betting against us.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
The NHL should legitimately start tracking a “goals called back” stat. Not saying that was the closest call for reviews, but I want to see how teams stack up for getting goals reversed across the league on some of these freeze frame calls. Feel like we’ve been on the wrong end of it a lot lately.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I tune in a bit late and immediately see a goal called back and then durzi scores a min or two later. Weeeeeee.

Yeah it's rare we're ever home underdogs despite being 17-19 on the moneyline. Hell we're often road favourites with a 16-22 record there. I believe I'm around 3-3 when betting on us this yr and something like 28-10 when betting against us.
I first noticed it when we were 4 to 1 favorites over Anaheim when we lost to them, but this game seems particularly egregious to call us favorites.

With odds like these I figure I’ll bet against us for the rest of the season. Either my poor gambling luck propels us to the playoffs, or I’ve got some spare cash to wipe my tears away with atleast

Reactions: flames23

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
first-time-james-franco.gif

:biglaugh:

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I first noticed it when we were 4 to 1 favorites over Anaheim when we lost to them, but this game seems particularly egregious to call us favorites.

With odds like these I figure I’ll bet against us for the rest of the season. Either my poor gambling luck propels us to the playoffs, or I’ve got some spare cash to wipe my tears away with atleast
The emotional hedge is one I'm intimately familiar with my friend. I don't like betting against my team , but as a lifelong gambler I bet numbers not necessarily teams. Our expected win % over the course of the year has been one of a top 7 club, where we should be not where we are. We have to be the most profitable team to fade in recent memory. It saddens me, but if we're gonna be awful I might as well make a few bucks while the pricing is badly set.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Is it just me or does Coronato sound like a reformed Cali surfer? Haha, from NY, and went to Harvard but something in his cadence screams "far out dude".

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just wanted to swing by and say y'all's Warmup jerseys for Pride are the best I've ever seen. 😍

If the team sells any shirts or anything with that logo I'll be first in line to buy.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Is it just me or does Coronato sound like a reformed Cali surfer? Haha, from NY but something in his cadence screams "far out dude".

For some reason I keep thinking he should be starring in either an 80s college film or a Disney show. Classic handsome bodes well for future stars. Kinda looks like James Dean.

Just wanted to swing by and say y'all's Warmup jerseys for Pride are the best I've ever seen. 😍

If the team sells any shirts or anything with that logo I'll be first in line to buy.

They are dope and I'm with ya, would definitely get that on a t-shirt. Sadly I think the league mandates that they can only auction off the worn warmup jerseys, that's what the radio guys were saying today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad