GDT: FLAMES (31-24-15) @ KINGS (40-20-10) | 8:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kings have won a 2nd cup in three years. sucked balls and bottomed out, and rebuilt into a contender since we traded Iginla.

The Flames? Have won two measly playoff series in that time. And yet we continue to bang our head against the wall acquiring declining assets and acting shocked when they predictably decline.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Kings have won a 2nd cup, sucked balls and bottomed out, and rebuilt into a contender since we traded Iginla.

The Flames? Have won two measly playoff series in that time. And yet we continue to bang our head against the wall acquiring declining assets and acting shocked when they predictably decline.
There should be a few desperate GMs that bust in this years playoffs that our new GM can take advantage of at the draft.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Kings have won a 2nd cup, sucked balls and bottomed out, and rebuilt into a contender since we traded Iginla.

Chicago won 3 Cups and have a very good shot at Bedard.

Flames management is so unbelievably incompetent and I don't know how much blame to put on Treliving because he doesn't own the team, if the owner(s) keep telling him to go for it he is stuck dealing with what he has to deal with. Never truly bottomed out and re-built (got 2 6th overalls and 4th, the 4th overall being a bust, big whoop) properly. In my opinion given everything Treliving has got he has done a good job with the team, he at least tried making them competitive this year, not his fault Kadri, Huberdeau, Mangiapane all are coming way down in the previous years totals.

Tkachuk and Gaudreau leaving should have triggered the re-build, all the fans were fine with it, but nope. And you got good assets for Tkachuk, flip them for younger assets, nope got to sign Kadri to an anchor of a contract instead (and Huberdeau).

Reactions: MM917

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Huberdeau is absolutely comically bad. What a useless tit lmao

Chicago won 3 Cups and have a very good shot at Bedard.

Flames management is so unbelievably incompetent and I don't know how much blame to put on Treliving because he doesn't own the team, if the owner(s) keep telling him to go for it he is stuck dealing with what he has to deal with. Never truly bottomed out and re-built (got 2 6th overalls and 4th, the 4th overall being a bust, big whoop) properly. In my opinion given everything Treliving has got he has done a good job with the team, he at least tried making them competitive this year, not his fault Kadri, Huberdeau, Mangiapane all are coming way down in the previous years totals.

Tkachuk and Gaudreau leaving should have triggered the re-build, all the fans were fine with it, but nope. And you got good assets for Tkachuk, flip them for younger assets, nope got to sign Kadri to an anchor of a contract instead (and Huberdeau).

Treliving is alright. He's done a relatively fine job. You need to do more than a relatively fine job to build a contender in a cap league. Especially for a small market Canadian team. I'm ready to move on, keep some of the scouts though.

Those two leaving should have triggered a rebuild you're right. My main gripe is and has basically always been that we continue to try to build around wingers. We still have no 1Cs and no 1Ds, and typically you have to acquire those at the top of the draft. The problem is ownership just wants to get that juicy playoff revenue every year. I think having a whole group rather than a single majority owner in this case is not so great. Ownership either needs to sell the team or commit to a proper rebuild, the two things we know they're not want to do.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Rebuild and Calgary flames; name a better duo.

Oil and water?
Garbage and a hot sun?
Banana hammock and Chris Farley?

We are stuck with this team. Wolf is elite and will keep this organization in 9th for a decade

Byfield

Jan 15, 2021
What do you guys think of Byfield?

And clearly the Sutter charm has worn off just like it does everywhere he goes

Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you guys get in over Nashville or Seattle

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings have points in 20 of their last 23 games, part of me wonders if they had any goal tending at the start of the year what could have been. Then again they may have not traded for Gavrikov if they thought all was well :)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
that-went-well-sarcastic.gif

back again tomorrow, eh?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What do you guys think of Byfield?

Needs to be more assertive physically. Good size and good speed though, better than any C prospect the Flames have had since... f*** I don't even know. The IQ at this point maybe concerning, all of the HoFers share that in common. Bennett was a little the same.

Screams late bloomer if he can ever put it all together.

Reactions: Byfield

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
How was Stecher an even plus minus with 16 minutes of ice time in a 8-2 game? Damn lol

Sutter is definitely a problem, and I think he's lost the room. But this roster isn't good enough no matter whose coaching imo. And it also seems to be a pattern in general with this team. Get a coach, have a good season, bomb out the next season and the coach loses the room, rinse repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad