GDT: FLAMES (31-24-15) @ KINGS (40-20-10) | 8:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Can't remember the last time we managed to come back from a 4-0.

Honestly this team has no business being in the playoffs. I'm now just hoping we don't make it and fall enough to draft in the top 10-12 spot. Making the playoffs means there will be no changes to the coaching staff, management, and philosophy of this team cursed with mediocrity for decades.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I want to see Winnipeg, Nashville, Seattle and us all go winless to end the year.
Jets and Kraken stay in wild card race with 81 & 83 points. Would be funny.
Obviously won't happen since there's some head to head games in there.

We don't deserve playoffs. Once our 5-1 start disappeared it's basically been a big up hill struggle the entire season. I think we've had an easy year for matchups, in the last month or so we're not seeing #1 goalies, and we still can't get 2 points.
This was a perfect tank year for Bedard and we blew it. Should have traded Tkachuk for picks and prospects, don't even look at Kadri, have a big trade deadline and move out next year's UFA's, run with a lot of Wranglers this year and Markstrom would have been the perfect tank commander.

That's my 2 cents. But.... there's still 40 minutes left, so who the hell knows what that'll bring.
Just a completely frustrated mega-fan who wants to move on from everyone in management, to most of these players.
I can't believe we went into last summer with such hugely important decisions moving forward, and this is the product we've gotten this year.
Funny thing is, even when we win, this team has been so bloody boring to watch but here I am , game in, game out watching every game and continued to be baffled. I was a believer at the beginning of the year. Again I believed the hype.
Something needs to change. The day we're out of the playoffs is the day that things need to change pretty much everywhere in this organization. If we run it back next year with same coach, same GM, same team we won't get a different result.

Reactions: flames23

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Lol these LA broadcasters serious?

Toffoli put himself in the situation by having his stick touch the goaltenders apparently..

• Wow
Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
disaster-hindenburg.gif

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I've been a masochist for parts of 37 ish yrs being a fan of this club (since I was 4 ish) but y'all are stronger than me if you stay tuned in for the remainder.
Even just until a couple yrs ago I'd watch every second of every game I could. Mental health says I need to take breaks now. Shit's wild.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Man. It was pretty exciting at the time, but imagine if this organization had a thought toward rebuilding and did the Tkachuk trade, flipped Huby and Weegar for more futures, didn't sign Kadri, didn't extend Sutter, and were in the Bedard lottery or at least near the top of this deep draft.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Man. It was pretty exciting at the time, but imagine if this organization had a thought toward rebuilding and did the Tkachuk trade, flipped Huby and Weegar for more futures, didn't sign Kadri, didn't extend Sutter, and were in the Bedard lottery or at least near the top of this deep draft.

Yep or Fantilli or Carlsson; big #1 centers

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Sutter isn’t the problem.

Wonder where the 2 posters left on the board are regarding that
He will only survive because of Edwards. Players won’t play for him any longer. Not sure what the point of hockey is in Calgary; just a side business I guess.

Reactions: super6646

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lol I love the morons that have an excuse for Markstrom for every goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad