GDT: FLAMES (31-24-15) @ KINGS (40-20-10) | 8:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
8:30pm on a weeknight.
"Why don't all the games sell out in a Canadian market" some posters ask.

This is one of the reasons. That's absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: Tofveve

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
If we win today and tomorrow and WPG somehow loses to ARI in regulation we’re tied for WC2.
Arizona is weirdly one of the hottest teams in the league. Points in 8 straight games and currently a 4 game win streak
And if Nashville loses thier next two games lol 1 pt behind with 2 games in hand.
Nashville plays Buffalo who should have a bone to pick after being embarrassed last night, then Seattle twice, Boston and Toronto. This stretch here is our chance, LA is a tough team and a back to back with less than 24 hours rest on the road is ROUGH though.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Arizona is weirdly one of the hottest teams in the league. Points in 8 straight games and currently a 4 game win streak

Nashville plays Buffalo who should have a bone to pick after being embarrassed last night, then Seattle twice, Boston and Toronto. This stretch here is our chance, LA is a tough team and a back to back with less than 24 hours rest on the road is ROUGH though.
Good assessment, agreed. Take care of our own business though.

Reactions: Boomstick

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Good assessment, agreed. Take care of our own business though.
The weird thing is Nashville taking those two games in Seattle might actually be pretty beneficial for Calgary. Nashville still would have a brutal schedule after that, and Seattle is currently only 2 points ahead of Winnipeg with games against Dallas and the Wild on either side of it. If there is suddenly two teams available to be leapfrogged, Calgary’s odds of making it in go up dramatically.

The other weird and unfortunate thing is these 2 games in hand Nashville have will be hanging over our heads for the rest of the season. We play our last game on April 12th, while Nashville gets a back to back on the 13th and 14th. If Calgary finishes in in a playoff spot, they could have to sit and wait to see if they keep it.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Yeah - ideally you'd want Nashville to lose tomorrow night and then win those two games against Seattle in regulation. Then it really becomes a 4 horse race for two spots as opposed to a three team race for one spot, but that seems unlikely.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

LA to Anaheim is probably the easiest Back to Back in the league travel wise, and the Ducks suck. Every team plays back to backs, and I would not call this rough.

I still think Calgary has a decent shot to get in and if they do will be firing on all cylanders at the right time...then again I think I said the same thing about LA in 2015 and ironically the Flames killed that.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
LA to Anaheim is probably the easiest Back to Back in the league travel wise, and the Ducks suck. Every team plays back to backs, and I would not call this rough.

I still think Calgary has a decent shot to get in and if they do will be firing on all cylanders at the right time...then again I think I said the same thing about LA in 2015 and ironically the Flames killed that.
This team plays down to their opponents like no other, pretty sure they are .500 or below against those teams. Expecting a good effort tn against LA then an Anaheim esq effort that makes all the fans want to sentence the team to Siberia.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hope to see Pelletier step his game up in this one after getting benched

Jeez Oiler fans giving Campbell the Bronx cheer 2 minutes into the game. Tough crowd :laugh:

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
Whoever chose the music for the LA arena forgot which team they're playing against lol, I wouldn't play we didn't start the fire against the flames :D

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
No looch still is good, but having Lewis in over Duehr is such poor roster management. I'll assume Pelletier is out tomorrow and Duehr is back in instead of resting the mid 30s vet in Lewis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad