Post-Game Talk: Flames 3, Pens 2 (SO) - Flames Dump on HSL's Triumphant Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
(1) Chauncey Kunitz was there. Brownie points to anyone who gets the reference.

(2) Jake (and Rowney) were too, but mostly Kunitz.

(3) Sid was like a Dickens novel. #998 was the best of times, many of his SCR shifts were the worst of times.

(4) Tremendous PK in OT.

(5) Lines are a train wreck. Maatta-Daley is worse.

(6) Pens lose in regulation without Murray. Pens lose in OT without Murray. Sadly, the shootout isn't his forte, but you don't have shootouts in the playoffs, and Murray gave them every chance to win it before it came to that.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dancin-Link-the-legend-of-zelda-30776470-213-331.gif

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I really wish sid would try something else in the shootout. It's the same damn five hole try, every single time.

And he has all kinds of moves, I don't get it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Gonna be tough sleddin' offensively til we get G/Hags back.
We need some good fortune in the injury dept.
No more guys going out as soon as someone comes back.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Cole I imagine you'd be right about the possession rule. Why would we need to have possession when our goalie's mask comes off? That would make no sense at all since the danger to him is when his mask is off and the other team has the puck.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dat gif, tho. :laugh: Weird game overall. Just move on. I thought Murray was terrific an really happy Guentzel scored. Sid could have had 8 points yet still didn't even look fully engaged.

**** it. I'm heading to an early night sleep. On to Colorado! Hopefully with Big G and Hags.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole I imagine you'd be right about the possession rule. Why would we need to have possession when our goalie's mask comes off? That would make no sense at all since the danger to him is when his mask is off and the other team has the puck.

Yeah I think Errey is just wrong. I know NHL fakes it on player safety, but for as long as I've played hockey, that rule has been the same. Goalies mask off = instant whistle.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Injuries suck, but maybe it would help if Sullivan stopped putting our good wingers with our bad centers and our bad wingers with our good centers.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yeah I think Errey is just wrong. I know NHL fakes it on player safety, but for as long as I've played hockey, that rule has been the same. Goalies mask off = instant whistle.

Wasn't it last year's playoffs when Lundqvist took his mask off just to get a stoppage? Pens scored right as he took it off, I believe the goal was disallowed.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002

You could argue it should have been a goal

NHL Rule 9 – Uniforms – 9.5 – Protective Equipment - If goalkeeper loses his mask play stopped immediately if his team is in possession of the puck and when opposing team has possession of the puck, stopped immediately provide there is no immediate and impending scoring opportunity.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
With injuries, it's about what I expected. I wanted more but...at least we got a point and came back. Sid got a point and Guentzel finally scored. So I mean...not awful.

With Hags, Geno, and Sheary, I think it's a different game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad