GDT: Flames (3-3-1) @ Jets (5-3-0) 6:00pm MST

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Man idk what Ward did with the lines in the 3rd but it worked so god bless. Gaudreau and Monahan are certifiably back, and we just need to swap around the 2nd and 3rd lines to find something good (assuming we keep Bennett on that top line). The 4th line was killer all game and gave some important shifts to the team when the Jets pushed early on, so shoutout to them for playing an all around solid game.

Reactions: Boomstick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man idk what Ward did with the lines in the 3rd but it worked so god bless. Gaudreau and Monahan are certifiably back, and we just need to swap around the 2nd and 3rd lines to find something good (assuming we keep Bennett on that top line). The 4th line was killer all game and gave some important shifts to the team when the Jets pushed early on, so shoutout to them for playing an all around solid game.
What he tried to do initially was this:

93-23-13
19-11-88
17-28-27
29-10-20

But the penalty we took a few minutes into the third completely scrambled this, and from there it was a jumbled mess. On the tying goal, Gaudreau scored after staying on for one more rush after Lucic and Lindholm came on. 3M scored the go-ahead goal. The line that was on the ice for the Jets' tying goal was leftovers between a change due to an icing call.

Reactions: Mazatt

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
She called out Francis for trying to "Drive Jonny out of town", Francis responded with "It's my job, grow up"
Oh interesting. The "reply" there is a meme tweet of Francis' from 2016, not a reply to this tweet. I'm guessing if his sister's tweet has been deleted, it's because he sent her a tense DM.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
She tweeted back at Francis who was gushing over JG's point streak and goal totals, accusing Francis of trying to run JG out of town.

Hell yeah. I listened to Francis on NHL Network Radio during the... whatever the equivalent of summer was this year... and he started early in the interview with the factual statement that it was time for Gaudreau to be traded and it was a matter of time, and conducted the rest of the interview under the premise that it was already sealed and delivered. Good old Eric "book me for your kid's birthday party" Francis.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
A few thoughts....

- great 3rd by the Flames
- Tkachuk was just awful, worse Flame on the ice, even Lucic was better
- Tanev is way better than Hamonic
- Backlund needs to stay late next practice and just shoot, shoot, shoot
- Johnny is back baby!!!!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A few thoughts....

- Tkachuk was just awful, worse Flame on the ice, even Lucic was better
!!!

Ward needs to tell tkachuk he has to be a nice guy if he is bad at hockey

Maybe that gets him going?

Dude basically caused the jets tying goal with his weak fancy clearing pass.

Reactions: Boomstick

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
How do we run Eric Francis out of town. Seriously though the team is playing well, just need to get Chucky, Gio and Fat Raz going a little better and we will be cruising.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
2ab88b6.jpg

I thought you guys were talking about Francis' sister, not Gaudreau's. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad