GDT: Flames (3-3-1) @ Jets (5-3-0) 6:00pm MST

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Here's the thing: When we're on, we're f***ing dangerous as hell. No other team has been able to give us what we've dished out.

Two weird games against Toronto really skewed our thoughts on this team. A couple bounces and we win both those games.

This team is deep and has top end talent across the lineup. If they get rolling there’s not a team in the division that can touch them.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Please just leave Bennett with Gaudreau and Monahan. Best case scenario we have a top line worst case we increase Bennetts value.
To me, Bennett's physical play makes him a unicorn in this league. People might not say it matters but I think his tools in that area of the game let Gaudreau play with more confidence and zip to his game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Two weird games against Toronto really skewed our thoughts on this team. A couple bounces and we win both those games.

This team is deep and has top end talent across the lineup. If they get rolling there’s not a team in the division that can touch them.
It's true. We also haven't played Ottawa yet to beef up our record.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I’ll wait and see with Bennett on the top line... to many times this story plays out and turns to nothing
Honestly, it's been a long time since we've been able to say this, but Johnny and Monahan are playing on a level right now where they can make it work with anyone. Simon got them going at first. Mangiapane had absolutely zero chemistry with them and the line still got chances because of 13 and 23. Bennett is playing better hockey right now than either of Simon or Mangiapane when they got the promotion.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

I think Ward needs to iron out the lines because some things just aren't working so far (Mangiapane on the RW for example). He also needs to start tightening the leash on some of our big names because they're not bringing it.

Reactions: DFF

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Great to win that. Mony & Johnny just filthy in the shootout. Ofc my feed froze right as Johnny was about to Deke and it came back after they'd won. Lol all that for no live view of the winner. Dang it.

Reactions: Boomstick and DFF

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's why I didn't say feetwork.
Ah, I bungled my joke but that was what I was getting at.

I've really noticed a big difference in his feet lately from last year. He's dropped the "standing still" parts of his game that he had started working into things. Back to the waterbug act. Has anyone seen him intentionally allow the opposition to have the puck on the forecheck yet this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad