GDT: FLAMES (22-25-3) vs. JETS (27-21-3) 7.30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Man, and people are thinking we wont draft top 10 next year because "Sutter wont allow it"

Without Gaudreau they will be lucky to win 20 games next season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Man, and people are thinking we wont draft top 10 next year because "Sutter wont allow it"

Without Gaudreau they will be lucky to win 20 games next season.

Legit.
Subtract Monahan, Gaudreau and Gio... imagine thinking this team won’t contend for the 32nd spot.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Would be awfully selfish of Monahan to be playing through yet another injury at this point. A real team first player would realize they're costing the team scoring opportunities and instead, take a break and let someone else come in and actually help the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
2 on 0 on the PK with nesterov.

Why is Sutter considered a good coach? The personnel decisions have been unjustifiable since he's come aboard.

Team is unwatchable too. I'm sure ratings have crashed.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
At least other teams that suck have some young talent to be excited for. We have Nesterov and Ritchie getting key minutes.

Organization looks bleak right now.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Would be awfully selfish of Monahan to be playing through yet another injury at this point. A real team first player would realize they're costing the team scoring opportunities and instead, take a break and let someone else come in and actually help the team.

Monahan is helping the team, he is the true tank commander.

Reactions: Some Other Flame

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Legit.
Subtract Monahan, Gaudreau and Gio... imagine thinking this team won’t contend for the 32nd spot.

Extra legit, if Monahan wasn't a broken down human and was on pace for his usual 30 goals the Flames are in a playoff position right now. This iteration of the Flames is basically minus Monahan and we're a bottom 10 team (surprise when he does bad we suck, when he does well we do well). Subtract the catalyst of this team, Gaudreau, we're easily a bottom 10 team, I will assume MUCH worse. This team is also essentially subtract Gio as he is cooked AF right now. Even though he is cooked, he still plays top positions and losing him and throwing the young guys/Nesterov into his position will be dreadful. If Vali made some progress it'd look different, but he's regressed quite a lot from pre-injury as has Andersson when he had to face tougher competition.

Either way, Gaudreau ain't here for Bedard's draft and all the old guys will be even older so we actually have a legit shot at him.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Extra legit, if Monahan wasn't a broken down human and was on pace for his usual 30 goals the Flames are in a playoff position right now. This iteration of the Flames is basically minus Monahan and we're a bottom 10 team (surprise when he does bad we suck, when he does well we do well). Subtract the catalyst of this team, Gaudreau, we're easily a bottom 10 team, I will assume MUCH worse. This team is also essentially subtract Gio as he is cooked AF right now. Even though he is cooked, he still plays top positions and losing him and throwing the young guys/Nesterov into his position will be dreadful. If Vali made some progress it'd look different, but he's regressed quite a lot from pre-injury as has Andersson when he had to face tougher competition.

Either way, Gaudreau ain't here for Bedard's draft and all the old guys will be even older so we actually have a legit shot at him.

Don't know where this comes from. Some rose tinted glasses from his play in his first stint... it wasn't that impressive.

He had 2 good playoffs games I guess, but people had expectations of Heiskenan lite and that was just ridiculous.

Otherwise idk. Andy ain't bad, but again I think it was a case of expecting too much. He'd be a fine second pairing guy, but we are essentially down a #1 and #2 caliber dman right now.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Sutter is playing 3D chess, using players like Ritchie Robinson and Nesterov who wont be back to drive the tank, so that Oliver, Ruzicka or Phillips wont have their spirits crushed (yet).

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Don't know where this comes from. Some rose tinted glasses from his play in his first stint... it wasn't that impressive.

He had 2 good playoffs games I guess, but people had expectations of Heiskenan lite and that was just ridiculous.

Otherwise idk. Andy ain't bad, but again I think it was a case of expecting too much. He'd be a fine second pairing guy, but we are essentially down a #1 and #2 caliber dman right now.

He wasn't Heiskenan lite, but he was fairly solid. He was no where near this bad/useless before.

I still have hopes for him, but at this point Hanifin is the only guy trending to be a top pairing defender, whereas I see Andersson a solid 2nd line guy and Vali a solid 2nd line guy hopefully by next year. Flames could really use a Brandt Clarke.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
LOL, Tkachuk went from celebrating a goal to being scored on in literally 4 seconds.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He wasn't Heiskenan lite, but he was fairly solid. He was no where near this bad/useless before.

I still have hopes for him, but at this point Hanifin is the only guy trending to be a top pairing defender, whereas I see Andersson a solid 2nd line guy and Vali a solid 2nd line guy hopefully by next year. Flames could really use a Brandt Clarke.

Idk his possession metrics were pretty bad and he wasn't really producing either. Ik it might be a bad time to say it right now when he made that bad play, but he's a bottom pairing caliber dman now and was honestly about that 2 years ago.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Tied with the Sens after tonight.

Play Dominque every game against the Nucks

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
3 goals on 12 shots against. Pretty much every single breakdown is a goal against.

Couple that with the mistake free hockey we try to play and its a recipe for disaster. We can't score and our goalie isn't reliable.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Imagine seeing the strides Hanifin has taken this year and writing off a younger, more naturally skilled defenceman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad