GDT: FLAMES (22-25-3) vs. JETS (27-21-3) 7.30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Tied with the Sens after tonight.

Play Dominque every game against the Nucks

If Markstrom and Domingue don't split the Nucks series our management/coach has gone insane. Even though Montreal lost, we're essentially mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with a loss tonight. Only way to get in after a loss tonight is to go 5-0 and Montreal to go 0-4. Literally the only way, and 3 of the 5 wins have to be ROW.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
For rental Mark Stone? Imagine having even less young talent than we already have lol.
The assumption is that Stone would have re-signed here. Granted, an 11M Stone would have created it's own set of issues but the point is Valimaki isn't very good.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Imagine seeing the strides Hanifin has taken this year and writing off a younger, more naturally skilled defenceman

Idk if he's naturally more skilled, but he's gotten crap for not hitting expectations that were just stupid to expect.

Flames management overstated what they had back their though. Also Kylington not getting games is a really big indictment on our management. He provides speed and offence (if we allowed him to develop it). But nah throw Nesterov out there in meaningless games for "tanking". f***ing idiots run this team...

Reactions: User1996

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The assumption is that Stone would have re-signed here. Granted, an 11M Stone would have created it's own set of issues but the point is Valimaki isn't very good.

Stone doesn't change the fact that Monahan and Gio have fallen off literal cliffs. We aren't making the playoffs even with him. I'd rather bank on Vali developing at this point.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Idk if he's naturally more skilled, but he's gotten crap for not hitting expectations that were just stupid to expect.

Flames management overstated what they had back their though. Also Kylington not getting games is a really big indictment on our management. He provides speed and offence (if we allowed him to develop it). But nah throw Nesterov out there in meaningless games for "tanking". f***ing idiots run this team...

A smart team has Kylington logging 23 a night, PK, PP, top pair 5v5. Just look at a guy like Gustav Forsling in Florida or Shea Theodore in Calgary.

This team is just not smart.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Every single high danger chance goes in on Marky. No, he hasn't been good enough this year
After being overplayed and injured, every high danger chance goes in. He was early-season MVP until he got ran and was out, and is clearly not the same goalie he was to start the year. This idea that Markstrom has always been bad this year is weird.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Stone doesn't change the fact that Monahan and Gio have fallen off literal cliffs. We aren't making the playoffs even with him. I'd rather bank on Vali developing at this point.
The ACL injury he suffered might prevent him from ever developing into the guy people thought he could be.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Stone could have been on the best lines in the league.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
After being overplayed and injured, every high danger chance goes in. He was early-season MVP until he got ran and was out, and is clearly not the same goalie he was to start the year. This idea that Markstrom has always been bad this year is weird.

Don't know when I ever said this. His all around play this season has been bad, that doesn't mean I think he's been bad all the time. His great start only further highlights how bad he's been since the first 10 games.

The ACL injury he suffered might prevent him from ever developing into the guy people thought he could be.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Stone could have been on the best lines in the league.

Which happened after the Stone sweepstakes. And Gaudreau-Lindy-Tkachuk is effective too, but we still lack talent across the roster overall.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Don't know when I ever said this. His all around play this season has been bad, that doesn't mean I think he's been bad all the time. His great start only further highlights how bad he's been since the first 10 games.
Fair enough. I think I read a bit too much into the downer attitude on Markstrom recently and extrapolated it over the entire season

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

The idea that he is MVP calibre after a early handful of good games is weird.

Maybe the early start was a fluke and he is what we are seeing now. He has been bad longer than good. Maybe 3x as long.

Reactions: super6646

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Your telling me their guy is allowed to stop good chances?
One in 50 minutes when the game is already sorted is not good enough. If we had our first of several odd man rushes within the first couple of minutes Hellebuyck probably cracks at some point.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
One in 50 minutes when the game is already sorted is not good enough. If we had our first of several odd man rushes within the first couple of minutes Hellebuyck probably cracks at some point.

Absolutely agree, but 4 goals on 6 high danger chances is also awful. Marky isn’t facing much and is caving.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
The idea that he is MVP calibre after a early handful of good games is weird.

Maybe the early start was a fluke and he is what we are seeing now. He has been bad longer than good. Maybe 3x as long.
I was saying he was considered the Flames best player along with Gaudreau early, early on in the season until he got injured and things started to slide. Idk how you got the rest of your comment from that

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

giphy.gif

god this team sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->