GDT: FLAMES (18-14-7) VS. ISLANDERS (22-16-2) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Man what a letdown watching the world juniors and seeing our one underwhelming player put up 1 point. From the ONLY team in the league to not graduate a prospect since 2018. Arguably the worst prospect pool in all the NHL. Next year we wont be able to add anything as we are already going to be struggling with the salary cap because we gave huge contracts to 30 years olds coming off of career years. All of this to go into a total "win now" mode that has Milan Lucic in the top 6. What an absolute clown show of an organization lol
The world juniors is pretty much a “what have you done for me lately” tournament. Even a good portion of 2021 drafted players aren’t eligible, like if Coronato was a month and a half younger he would have been eligible to return again. We made 3 picks in the last draft, that’s most of the reason we had very few players at this tournament. Ronni is eligible to return next year, and will likely play a bigger role for Finland in that tournament. Our other two were late round North American picks, very few of those make Canada or USA rosters. On the other hand, Coronato was probably the bests player for team USA in the summer tournament. The season prior, Pelletier was probably a top 3-4 forward for Canada. Zary also made the Canadian team, and is another example of an unlucky birthday where your only eligible for one post draft tournament.

But the world juniors isn’t the best barometer for prospect pools anyways. We have three U-25 players in the top 16 of scoring in the AHL. The rest of the league has 2 combined. We have the defenseman who’s leading the AHL in rookie scoring for his position right now. Our goaltending prospect is on pace to win his second consecutive AHL goalie of the year award. We have an extremely under rated prospect pool honestly, they just never seem to be given the name value prospects in bigger hockey markets get. It’s always been this way as well as prospects like Gaudreau, Fox, Andersson, Mangiapane, and Ruzicka were never given the credit they were due while in our system until it was unavoidable.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Lucic is such a likeable guy. Makes me feel kinda bad that he can be the whipping boy at times (and deservedly so)
I'm pretty vocal about not wanting lucic in the top 6, but I can't think of many players in the league I would rather have a beer with. Seems like such a great guy, and an awesome guy to be around.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice powerplay you goons
conan-what-am-i-watching.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
All the sudden the Flames can’t shoot the puck on net anymore….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad