Post-Game Talk: Flaccid in Florida!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A smart coach would find a way to insert Kovasevic and Lindstrom tomorrow. Sit Harris and Barron.
Speaking of smart coaching, what do you make of a now weekly theme on AC that players are extending their shifts without consequence?

Tonight they mentioned how a better player on the Panthers (Tkachuk) was getting off after 40 seconds while Habs players extend their ice time at will.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I watched Jean Beliveau hoist the cup for the last time in 71. Greatest hockey memory. Now I get to watch this group. Ouch

Well good on ya for enduring... my 76 year old dad passed on Habs fanaticism to me even as west coasters. But he's been checked out for a good 20+ years, it takes serious perseverance to stick with this team after the 90s.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty much what I was told before I got married.
Yeah but you're a feisty bugger. Your tales about how you stand up to your wife's overbearing relatives have become legendary. ;)

Plus, you probably speak a fluent Russian by now, which makes you intimidating. :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah but you're a feisty bugger. Your tales about how you stand up to your wife's overbearing relatives have become legendary. ;)

Plus, you probably speak a fluent Russian by now, which makes you intimidating. :laugh:
lol I speak what I'd call "Broken Russian". Sadly both my wife and daughter are fluent. I'm constantly yelling at them "Speak freaking English" lol

And you still did it...
Hell I'm a Habs fan. So you know I love to be abused lol

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The winning goal was scored because of the new stupid play the pk does that leaves the player down low, usually to the right of the net alone and a bunch of space. That's why he was able to walk out and go far side.

So f***ing dumb there's someone who's hired to be a professional and thinks that's a good idea.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Cheer up fellas.

We only need to add a number one franchise center, a sniper/game breaker that will be able to crack the top 50 scorers in the league, a number one stud defenseman and a number one goalie. Oh and a special teams coach, that will sacrifice the next player that makes a drop pass in the neutral zone on a power play, and can teach them how to kill a f***ing penalty. And, as always over the last 30 years, some size and snarl.

Other than those things, we’re pretty close to competing.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Shockingly rebuilds don't end in 2 years.

I'm so mad about this!!
Suzuki D+7
Harris D+6
Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Struble, Xhekaj D+5
Guhle, Barron D+4
Slaf D+2

That s 2 of your top 4, 2 of your top 6D, 4 top 6 forwards supposedly on the team already.

Anderson, Monahan, Evans, Savard, Matheson are all experienced Nhler

How is this a team in their third rebuild year ? CHI is in the 2nd year of a rebuild, ANA has been rebuilding forever, same for BUF and OTT, where are the results ?

If anything it shows the supposed core they are building upon actually sucks.

Reactions: ReHabs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just one?
Yes it will suffice, w Dach & Newhook in the lineup players drop into their properly slotted roles. W exception of Suzuki line, all the forwards are being asked to overachieve on a game to game basis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad