Confirmed Trade: [FLA/VAN] Olli Juolevi for Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Which rankings were those? Juolevi was pretty much a consensus #6. Passing on Tkachuk was an obvious miss but Juolevi was no reach.
Pretty much every ranking outside of Benning's circle, CSS had him 16th with Chychrun, Sergachev, Bean and Fabbro ahead of him for D, ISS had him 11th behind Chychrun and Sergachev.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Pretty much every ranking outside of Benning's circle, CSS had him 16th with Chychrun, Sergachev, Bean and Fabbro ahead of him for D, ISS had him 11th behind Chychrun and Sergachev.

Every ranking had Juolevi in that group with Sergachev, and Chychrun. With McAvoy being just a bit below that group. But lets just make up stuff to fit our own narrative.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Don't get caught up by the schtick.

Much of the canucks boards are so full of vitriol towards Benning that occasionally some of them branch out by arguing in bad faith against their own opinions 'ironically'.

It's a weird performance for an audience of nobody, but if it makes them happy...

keep making shit up.

(people have a ton of damn good reasons to be pissed with benning)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Don't get caught up by the schtick.

Much of the canucks boards are so full of vitriol towards Benning that occasionally some of them branch out by arguing in bad faith against their own opinions 'ironically'.

It's a weird performance for an audience of nobody, but if it makes them happy...

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Juolevi was a shitty pick but he wasn't an off the board pick. Tkachuk was the right pick both at the time and in hindsight. He's a garbage player and fair or not it should be another page in Benning's book of bad decisions.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Late response to the news but it's mostly a nothing trade with a miniscule potential for best upside for Florida. Fair payment for Juolevi in any case. I think Canucks fans expected even less.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Wow
That transition and pivot in that clip against Calgary is painful

My guy looks like he has the flexibility and mobility of a 60 year old.

his hips look terrible

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Canucks nation hates Benning cause he’s only hit on 4 out of 6 first round picks, while his predecessors only got 2 bona fide NHL players out of the previous 10 first rounders.
Canucks nation hates Benning because of his terrible record with free agents, his terrible record with trades, his terrible record with all asset management, the fact that he pulled a power move to get Linden fired by saying the team was further ahead in its rebuild than Linden thought and then goes on to continue to lose. Fans hate Benning because he ran out of time to get Toffoli locked up for 4 years @ $4.25 and let Tanev walk without a conversation after 8 seasons. Canucks fans Hate Benning because in 8 seasons they have made the playoffs once. His 4 of 6 1st round picks where all high picks because his team, his asset management and his cap manipulation was so poor, and besides these 4 picks where are the rest of the draft assets? he started his tenure with 56 picks, and drafting is his best attribute. The previous regime also had more presidents trophies than Benning has playoff appearances. Fans hate Benning because failure and excuses don't win Stanley Cups.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
What an absolute bust Juolevi has been. And to think Matthew Tkachuk was taken the pick right after. A truly epic botch job by the Canucks :laugh:
Trust me, you don't know the disappointment we Nuck fans went through that draft.

I had been telling my dad all day prior how it was a slam dunk pick if Mathew made it to us. We had even watched the final Memorial Cup game together in which Mathew scored the OT goal to win it all for the Knights.

Then at the draft, Canucks go to the podium and start with these infamous words, "Canucks select, form the London Knights..." (at this moment I lose my mind in joy and celebration jumping up and down), "...Olli Juolevi". (I stood silent for a moment, stunned and in disbelief, feelings of anger and frustration boiling inside)

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Canucks nation hates Benning because of his terrible record with free agents, his terrible record with trades, his terrible record with all asset management, the fact that he pulled a power move to get Linden fired by saying the team was further ahead in its rebuild than Linden thought and then goes on to continue to lose. Fans hate Benning because he ran out of time to get Toffoli locked up for 4 years @ $4.25 and let Tanev walk without a conversation after 8 seasons. Canucks fans Hate Benning because in 8 seasons they have made the playoffs once. His 4 of 6 1st round picks where all high picks because his team, his asset management and his cap manipulation was so poor, and besides these 4 picks where are the rest of the draft assets? he started his tenure with 56 picks, and drafting is his best attribute. The previous regime also had more presidents trophies than Benning has playoff appearances. Fans hate Benning because failure and excuses don't win Stanley Cups.

This sums up everything.

The more concerning issue I would add is ownership failing to realize they have hired a potato for GM in these 8 years.

Prometheus

May 14, 2018
This sums up everything.

The more concerning issue I would add is ownership failing to realize they have hired a potato for GM in these 8 years.

Please. You WISH they had hired a potato.

But you're right, with Benning its a bit of "don't hate the puppet, hate the puppeteer."

Reactions: Boondock

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
I'm surprised the Van got something for Juolevi considering the way some Van fans were shit-talking him

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

upload_2021-10-13_8-16-38.gif

Reactions: Morrison

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
We still haven't seen Juolevi play in Florida.
Have the other two done anything yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad