Confirmed Trade: [FLA/SJS]Mike Hoffman. 7th ('18) for 2nd ('19), 4th ('18) & 5th ('18)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
If your players girlfriends are running your team, that a recipe for crisis.

Don't be obtuse.. this has nothing to do with running the team and you know it. There are expectations that the WAGS will participate in various things together as well as team events, use of a shared suite to viewing etc.

I mean if your wife and the neighbors wife are having issues, the neighborhood barbeques are going to be a bit awkward.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
A) Duchene is one of the best forwards Ottawa has ever had. And overpaying for a player like that is just fine IMO.

B) They had an off year last year, mostly because of their defence and the whole stupid Hoffman/Karlsson situation. The question will be if we can sign Karlsson or not, obviously, but they're a lot better than they showed last year.

C)They replaced a cancerous player with a hard working 2-way player that can kill penalties, play PP if needed and play anywhere in your lineup while saving some $$ to potentially pay Karlsson/Duchene/Stone/Ceci.

D) If Anderson bottoms out again, they'll go and get another goalie - which is not hard to do these days.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Except it isn’t. Again they upgraded on Boedker to get Hoffman so they could get picks in return. You’re making a false equivalency argument. Boedker and Hoffman don’t have the same value.

And that thread wasn’t about placing bets. It was about what the Sharks could get for Boedker if they decided. You’re the one pretending it was something different.

:laugh:
I hope you realize how hilarious that statement is.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It’s pointing out the obvious because you seem to have issues with it lol

It's amazing that you actually think Hoffman and Boedker have DIFFERENT value.... hours after they were traded for each other.

You seem to think your hypothesized value is still relevant, even after the market place has spoken.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I think this website is really overrating the value/impact of a 2nd+4th+5th. There’s a really good chance none of those become NHL players.
Maybe, but they really got a 2nd + 4th + 5th plus $4M in cap space the next two years... I'd call that a win.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
I don't understand how getting at least one hockey player in return for Hoffman is worse than a couple magic beans. This board is unreal.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's amazing that you actually think Hoffman and Boedker have DIFFERENT value.... hours after they were traded for each other.

You seem to think your hypothesized value is still relevant, even after the market place has spoken.
I don't recall the trade being a one for one deal.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I think this website is really overrating the value/impact of a 2nd+4th+5th. There’s a really good chance none of those become NHL players.

you must be new here

things that matter the most on hfboards:

1- Cap Space savings
2- A lot of picks
3- Being GOAT at anything and everything that isn't the Stanley Cup
4- Stanley Cup

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If I was ottawa, I would want the cap space and the picks. The second could have been packaged with the 22nd overall and used to move up the draft.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Because they do have different values cupcake. The Sharks downgraded a pick and a prospect in the deal. I didn’t speak to Boedker’s value. I merely stated the team had options with him that you were cluelessly denying.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Not really. You just don’t know what you’re talking about because you’re poor with logic and comprehension and how they’re used in an argument lol

If you state Boedker was traded for Hoffman, then Hoffman's value = Boedker.

This isn't debatable.

The tertiary elements of the trade .... the C prospects, 6th/7th rounders are largely irrelevant, you know that

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If you state Boedker was traded for Hoffman, then Hoffman's value = Boedker.

This isn't debatable.

The tertiary elements of the trade .... the C prospects, 6th/7th rounders are largely irrelevant, you know that

You continue to fail with the concept of context.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The market doesn't give a **** about your context.

If you can’t even get a basic concept like context nobody should give a damn about your incorrect perception of the market. You need to quit before you make your already untenable position somehow worse. You’re utterly clueless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad