Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers re-sign Sam Bennett (4 years, $4.4M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not sure where you got the idea that he isn't good defensively? His metrics prove otherwise. The bad skater thing is pretty subjective. You can make an argument that there are plenty of "bad skaters" in the NHL yet they still put up points and play their respective roles successfully. Ekblad is an example of one such "bad skater" who is a clear cut number 1 defenseman and was in Norris contention had he not got hurt.

Yeah he was very good defensively for the Cats. One of the reasons that line clicked is because Huby could just do his thing, Bennett picked up the slack, always in good position, backchecking, breaking up plays in the neutral zone.

Reactions: IceManCat

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'll eat my underwear if he hits those numbers.
People are saying that Bennett is a 2C in the best case scenario, but I see no reason to limit the best case scenario to just that.

I highly, highly doubt he becomes a top line player, but in his final 20 games with the Panthers, he looked like a top line center.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if Sam hit 30 goals over 82 games next to Huberdeau and Duclair/a breakout Tippett.
It also wouldn't surprise me if Sam broke 65 points overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad