Confirmed Trade: [FLA/OTT] Vladimir Tarasenko (50% retained) for 2025 3rd round pick and 2024 4th round pick

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Looking at this trade and the Middelstadt one it's no secret why Ottawa and Buffalo are perennial bottom feeders.

The fact they could only get a 3rd a year from now and a 4th year for a guy that has 17 goals and 41 points in 57 games this year. Plus he has always been a good playoff performer, is just brutal.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Razor Face

Feb 17, 2020
Looking at this trade and the Middelstadt one it's no secret why Ottawa and Buffalo are perennial bottom feeders.

The fact they could only get a 3rd a year from now and a 4th year for a guy that has 17 goals and 41 points in 57 games this year. Plus he has always been a good playoff performer, is just brutal.
Detroit hasn't made the playoffs since 2016.

He had a full NMC and clearly would only waive for one team, it is what it is.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bro you had Ottawa battling for a playoff spot and like 5 spots higher than the Wings for this season :laugh:
Just admit you were wrong on a Sens players ability once again and move on.
Vladimir Tarasenko thread. Wtf are you talking about? You already had this conversation with me and never responded. Pathetic troll.

Wow... What a low return.

Great addition by Florida, Sens continue to struggle at managing their roster assets effectively
NMC given by Pierre Dorion who is gone.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723 and Snowwy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Surprised at the paltry return. I guess he only gave them one destination he was willing to waive for.

Reactions: bert

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Lmaooo

Ottawa didn't have to give him that clause just like Ottawa didn't need to trade for Debrincat or for Chychrun etc etc etc etc.
Did you know that all those moves were done by an entirely different GM? The NMC clearly affected the return and Staois had to basically take whatever Florida was willing to give since that's the only place Tarasenko was willing to go.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Vladimir Tarasenko thread. Wtf are you talking about? You already had this conversation with me and never responded. Pathetic troll.

It’s just more proof you drastically overestimate the ability of Sens players.

Just like expecting a big return for Tarasenko

Reactions: Samhockey3

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Fantastic trade in favor of Florida, you'll like him. He will certainly strengthen your depth and scoring abilities.

But wtf @ Staios. Unless there was a one team NTC, this is a ridiculously shitty trade for the Sens.
It was Florida or bust

Why not? It's only a couple months and city of EDM isn't much different than OTT ..
His family being in FLA makes sense.
He vetoed a trade to Edmonton, when asked, Edmonton had a better offer.

Reactions: LTIR

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I definitely would've paid that cheap price for Vancouver, over what Guentzel is likely to cost. But i suppose Tarasenko also probably had some trade protection and may have just preferred a destination like Florida anyway.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
me at home with my new 3rd round pick watching the panthers win the cup

kmFewPk.jpeg

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018

Bert. There’s an ignore function in this forum. You can block people. It’ll all be okay. Lol

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Did you know that all those moves were done by an entirely different GM? The NMC clearly affected the return and Staois had to basically take whatever Florida was willing to give since that's the only place Tarasenko was willing to go.

Not sure why people are still responding to that guy. He's all hopped up on pepsi and cookies and just drawing you guys in like mice to cheese.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I mean, this deal is totally awesome. I would never expect Tarasenko gone for a 90ov+ rd pick.

I believe in magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad