Claimed off Waivers: [FLA] Noah Juulsen claimed off waivers by the Panthers

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Do we know if he’s truly injured? He’s just listed as unfit to play, like Hornqvist was and now he’s back. Bob is also unfit to play. Could be covid related if they were around someone who had it?
Nope: we are inferring from the moves to be honest.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think he will do alright in Florida. If he can stay healthy, I think he will be just as good as most Dmen in their current roster. I also think he is better then some suspect Dmen on the habs current roster. Bergevin was thinking Juulson would be able to sneak under teams radar. Panthers checkmated them. Panthers know the kid still has potential because their scouts were ours when they drafted him. I Hope he does good and rebounds . He is a player Hab fans never really got to see the full potential of because he has had some bad luck streaks. I wish him luck in FLA. For the price its a no brainer considering he already has earned the confidence of their staff.

How did Florida checkmate the Habs? Churla scouted and recommended Juulsen when he was drafted by the Habs. It’s not rocket science — Habs decided his downside risk made him a waiver candidate. And Churla was sold on him. Just how the chips fell. Good for Florida.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If Juulsen does not play games... it's disingenuous to Juulsen's career to have him sit on the taxi squad IMO (with him needing to play after dealing with that freak injury for two years now). Panthers should not care about this and I'm only looking it from Juulsen's side of things

I'm pretty sure Juulsen will play, or at least get the opportunity. They wouldn't have claimed him otherwise. Nutivaara has been MIA in camp and nobody knows what's going on. Stillman can be put on taxi squad for further depth because hes waiver exempt. And something is going on with Yandle. It's no secret Q doesn't like him, and he's been practicing with the ahl group most of camp instead if the nhl group/fringe guys.

Reactions: Laus723

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
It seems a lot of MTL first rounders experience a similar fate. This guy played fewer games for the organization than Nathan Beaulieu.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It seems a lot of MTL first rounders experience a similar fate. This guy played fewer games for the organization than Nathan Beaulieu.

While that is certainly true, Juulsen is not leaving the organization because he didn't work out, he left because injuries sidetracked his career and there isn't a spot for him right now to get the games in that he needs to get his career back on track.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Building your defense through waivers seems like a great way to have a horrible season.

Think they have builded their defence:

- Drafting Ekblad 2nd overall
- Signing Yandle from free agency
- Drafting Weegar 7th round
- Signing Strålman from agency
- Drafting Stillman at 3rd round
- Signing Gudas from free agency
- Trading for Nutivaara
- Signing Connauton for PTO
- Claiming Forsling from waivers
- Claiming Juulsen from waivers

I don't think they are building their defence through waivers.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Juulsen was a promising prospect and I think he can still be a very good player. His injuries were serious but they're either there or not, it's different than a bum knee. I think from a Panthers POV, for free he is more than worth it healthy or not. Wish him the best.

The Habs have an overload of RD and sometimes you're going to lose a good player/prospect. At least Juulsen is a loss to one of our strongest positions organizationally.

I thought the eye injury nagged him for a while. As in, he tried to come back after a first recovery but had to go and rest more because he had recurring vision, or headache problems related to the eye injury?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Juulsen is kind of the exception to the rule because injuries derailed him more than MTl's mismanagement.

It's not just 1st rounders, it's almost every prospect pre-2018. I think the only exceptions are Gallagher (would have succeeded anywhere), Lehkonen, (3rd,4th liner) and Mete (rushed asf)

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Yandle - Ekblad
Weegar - Stralman
Nutivaara - Gudas
Forsling - Juulsen
Stillman

Stillman played in half their games last season but is waiver exempt so maybe they send him down to the AHL/Taxi squad.

insane and all cool last names too.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I thought the eye injury nagged him for a while. As in, he tried to come back after a first recovery but had to go and rest more because he had recurring vision, or headache problems related to the eye injury?

Reports from both sides indicate that he hasn't had a headache since before he returned close to the end of last season. Everyone on both ends say he completely recovered.

And yes it was recurring vision issue that had him take longer off after he tried returning. He's since recovered

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
A bunch of habs scouts went to Florida, he looked good in his 1 game too. Might be a good bottom pairing guy as he is smart.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Sounds like Florida's strategy follows Edmonton: Get every 3rd pairing D-man that is available, and trade for those that aren't.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Canadiens may live to regret this one.
That’s possible . For juulsen’s sake I hope your right . I said he would get taken . Big strong defensive defenseman who can play third pairing for sure . I believe the choice came down to exposing mete or juulsen. I’m usually all for the size but adding Edmunson and Romanov to chariot and Weber were good in that department. Juulsen is never gonna provide an offensive spark but mete can when your down by a couple . In the grand scheme of things we’re talking about 6-7-8 defenseman. No big deal at all . I honestly hope the kid does awesome , wins a 4-5 spot and gets 2-2.5 million a year for half a decade at least . I doubt it’ll be the difference if we win a cup in the next 1-2-3 yrs .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
With mete now pencilled in as our number 7 I’d like to see one little adjustment in our pairs . Even though Edmunson makes over double what kulak does , he should be paired with Romanov . Kulak and petry were a decent pairing . Edmunson taking more of the defensive responsibilities allows Romanov to join the attack . When Romanov blows up someone at the blue line , there gonna be coming after him . Having kulak on the ice when this happens is of no use . Edmunson on the other hand is ideal for that . It gives everyone a clear role . With four solid lines and great goaltending the objective at the trade deadline would be upgrading at left d . Kulak out and ................ in . But who is that guy ?

Reactions: 1909

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
Sooooo... they said that this season will be different as there possibly wont be any trading over the boarder but allready before the season starts an US and A team picks a player from Canadian team :) Interesting :)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Prior to his injuries Juulsen was looking good and playing minutes in Montreal's top 4 when Weber was hurt. Sucks to lose him, but after all he's been through I'm happy to see him hopefully get another chance in the league.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Prior to his injuries Juulsen was looking good and playing minutes in Montreal's top 4 when Weber was hurt. Sucks to lose him, but after all he's been through I'm happy to see him hopefully get another chance in the league.

Still; this is a bizarre move.

They would rather Juulson than Yandle to be playing in their top-6. That is only logical if they are actually tanking.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

This is wrong, prior to his injury Juulsen was trending down. He couldn't defend a forward attacking him and cutting inside to save his life. He was getting walked on at least once a game.

I'm hoping he turns it around and becomes a stable NHL dman but i don't see him becoming anything more than a bottom pairing player. Best of luck Noah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad