Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I've never thought Kulikov or Gudbranson were particularly good.

I can only speak from watching the Panthers in the first round against the Islanders, but this was the only defense pair that seemed to shut down Tavares. I guess the hope is Ekblad steps it up a notch but should be interesting to see how the defense performs because it seems like they exchanged defense for offense on the blueline.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I would love to live in Florida. Im from Europe and when i have been to Florida its fantastic. Would feel like having a vacation every day along with playing hockey. Its not like you cant go on a vacation to the mountains in Europe or somewhere in the US if you wanna find snow and cold weather. Believe me, living in a country thats cold as hell and tons of snow in the winter, summer all year long is a much easier way of living and alot more chill. Waking up, taking on shorts and a shirt and go to work playing hockey, seems perfect to me. Not the stress of a city like NY(im a NYR fan) and dont get the crazy winters. Waking up in the winter with 6 feet of snow on the ground, trying to find my car is pretty awful way to start the day.

Lol, there are lots of places in the US that have warm weather and aren't oppressively humid. Also, I know it may be a surprise since things are so close together in Europe, but Miami is a good 3.5+ hour flight from any significant mountains, whereas on the west coast they're just there next to you.

Also, weather is only a small part of the reasons I wouldn't want to live in Florida. High crime (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/most-dangerous-cities-florida_n_4524866.html), lots of guns, less progressive than other states, lots of crazy people, and just the cities are generally not as nice as cities like NYC, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.

It just makes thing harder because of all the snow and the temperature. Limits your options on doing alot of stuff, but you can do other things(skiing etc).

NHL players aren't allowed to ski (alpine, anyway).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Ironically Gudbranson and Kulikov don't suck and Campbell is overrated. Weird.

As I said above this is just going off the Islanders series but I would agree, I seem to remember Campbell being on the ice for alot of goals where it was noticeable in a bad way

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Florida is looking really solid. Yandle, Demers and Pysyk are solid additions. Despite trading Kulikov and Gudbranson away and Campbell leaving, I think Florida got stronger on defense, and I like it.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lol, there are lots of places in the US that have warm weather and aren't oppressively humid. Also, I know it may be a surprise since things are so close together in Europe, but Miami is a good 3.5+ hour flight from any significant mountains, whereas on the west coast they're just there next to you.

Also, weather is only a small part of the reasons I wouldn't want to live in Florida. High crime (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/most-dangerous-cities-florida_n_4524866.html), lots of guns, less progressive than other states, lots of crazy people, and just the cities are generally not as nice as cities like NYC, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.

Lmao, been here often? Lots of guns and crazy people? Been here 41 years and rarely encounter either. Great uninformed post.
All good though, isn't for everyone.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Lmao, been here often? Lots of guns and crazy people? Been here 41 years and rarely encounter either. Great uninformed post.
All good though, isn't for everyone.

So true and I live in Toronto where crime is out of control, every night there is a shooting or stabbing resulting in murders. It's crazy.
Where you live (Boca Raton) is a paradise, just beautiful. TO is the blandest big city I've ever been to or lived in.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site

I live in Miami and think you're right! :laugh:

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Damn, one of the best offseasons I've seen.

Florida the state is awesome as well, what a silly debate lol. Especially the high crime part, parts of every state have high crime.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
4.5M per is a good deal for him. He's a good #3 when he's on, but when he's off, he's pretty bad.

Florida's looking really good now. Their window will probably open in the next couple of years, I'd think.

Ekblad is 20, Barkov turns 21, most of the other pieces are relatively young or the contracts will come off the book. If their core remains as good as they've been or improve, their window should be quite long as long as they replenish the lost players.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Nice signing. I'd be shocked to see Florida not do better than last year. The division is between the two Florida teams IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad