Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Huberdeau signs 6 year extension ($5.9M AAV)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hopefully the Panthers can extend Petrovic for 4 years or so. He's still underrated in my opinion. I have a feeling he will be picked up in the expansion draft which is unfortunate since it looks like Florida will be best suited with the 7-3-1 model.
I think his value is controversial on our board. Some people think he is solid, some people don't. I am one of those that thinks he hasn't shown much. Potential is a question mark. And I'm one of those that thinks even if he has potential, it's not much more than a bottom pairing D.
And so having said that, I don't see him as a priority signing.

Last edited:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We arent as good as that streak ,but some where in the middle .Is what iam saying .Healthy i see our team matching up against anyone in the atlantic .Not named TB ,healthy they win the division .The rest is anyone,s guess and i like our chances ,even against a what looks to be everybodies offseason darling the Florida Panthers

at least you aren't completely insane

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Florida looks pretty good with their young core.

Anyone who thinks they resemble Edmonton has not watched them play.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Hopefully the Panthers can extend Petrovic for 4 years or so. He's still underrated in my opinion. I have a feeling he will be picked up in the expansion draft which is unfortunate since it looks like Florida will be best suited with the 7-3-1 model.

Extension? 4 years? Please no.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Makes that Brayden Schenn deal look better for the Flyers.

Florida overpaid just a bit for both Smith and Huberdeau.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
We arent as good as that streak ,but some where in the middle .Is what iam saying .Healthy i see our team matching up against anyone in the atlantic .Not named TB ,healthy they win the division .The rest is anyone,s guess and i like our chances ,even against a what looks to be everybodies offseason darling the Florida Panthers

We'll both teams are not playoff teams. Miraculous streak turned into playoffs. This year was a normal year for the Sens.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
still havn't got a answer from ppl saying we're following "the Edmonton model" :dunno:

You guys lost alot for a couple years ??? And are relating you signing your young guys to long term contracts instead of bridges like edmonton did??? That's the way I could see someone making the reference

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami
You guys lost alot for a couple years ??? And are relating you signing your young guys to long term contracts instead of bridges like edmonton did??? That's the way I could see someone making the reference

Aside from Barkov and Ekblad the rest all had bridges basically. I think it's a safe bet on Barkov and Ekblad too.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
a young center like barkov, locked up. a young d like ekblad, locked up. trocheck, a great young 2nd line center, locked up. smith, a very versatile and valuable top-6 winger, locked up. huberdeau, a 60pt young winger locked up. yandle, one of the most productive pmd in the league, locked up. demers, a very solid and reliable 2nd pairing d, locked up.

not to mention matheson on d this year, mccoshen the following year, both on elc's. bjugstad still signed. mccann on his elc. luongo in net, and reimer locked up.

I'm pretty damn happy with that setup, just need a goal scoring winger to replace jagr, preferably a rw to go with huberdeau-barkov.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

but we did it after our young guys showed they can be successful, thats a huge difference, c'mon dude.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
This is a solid deal. 23 year old 60 point players don't grow on trees. He's a fantastic playmaker and I just love what the panthers are doing. But I have to ask what is their cap situation are they gonna have to trade an asset? I ask because bugjstad is a player I have wanted on the Devils for the longest time. I'm sorry I'm selfish. ;)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

If you actually watch the hockey games you'll see something completely different. This young Florida team is already something special. It all revolves around Ekblad, who dominates like no one else I've seen since Pronger played with Edmonton. It's not that they're going to be good; they're good now. And I'm a Leafs fan.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If you actually watch the hockey games you'll see something completely different. This young Florida team is already something special. It all revolves around Ekblad, who dominates like no one else I've seen since Pronger played with Edmonton. It's not that they're going to be good; they're good now. And I'm a Leafs fan.

Pronger with Edmonton >>> what we have seen of Ekblad so far.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
a young center like barkov, locked up. a young d like ekblad, locked up. trocheck, a great young 2nd line center, locked up. smith, a very versatile and valuable top-6 winger, locked up. huberdeau, a 60pt young winger locked up. yandle, one of the most productive pmd in the league, locked up. demers, a very solid and reliable 2nd pairing d, locked up.

not to mention matheson on d this year, mccoshen the following year, both on elc's. bjugstad still signed. mccann on his elc. luongo in net, and reimer locked up.

I'm pretty damn happy with that setup, just need a goal scoring winger to replace jagr, preferably a rw to go with huberdeau-barkov.

You had me nodding my head right until you got to the goalies. Can't see why yous ever gave up on markstrom and took loungo. If yous falter that will be the reason.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
You had me nodding my head right until you got to the goalies. Can't see why yous ever gave up on markstrom and took loungo. If yous falter that will be the reason.

well he's been fantastic in his time back and he helped us win the division last season. he's still a very solid choice in net and will help us continue winning seasons for the next couple years. reimer is a great backup option, locked up, and will most likely take over when luongo retires. ill take what luongo has supplied us with, and will continue to do so (unless his rehab from this makes him falter, but i don't think it will, we have reimer as insurance) over markstrom. and there are always options available via trade that don't cost an arm and a leg. markstrom was nothing special.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Florida has locked up its core.

This 1st year is there coming out party. And the next 6+ is where there core shows up or fail.

Another top 4 defenseman would be a solid add

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

The Sens aren't a good team. You need to face the facts. You have not much besides Karlsson and Ryan to be excited about.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
well he's been fantastic in his time back and he helped us win the division last season. he's still a very solid choice in net and will help us continue winning seasons for the next couple years. reimer is a great backup option, locked up, and will most likely take over when luongo retires. ill take what luongo has supplied us with, and will continue to do so (unless his rehab from this makes him falter, but i don't think it will, we have reimer as insurance) over markstrom. and there are always options available via trade that don't cost an arm and a leg. markstrom was nothing special.

Why you're even acknowledging what he said is beyond me...

You guys got a gold medal goalie for nothing. I watched Markstrom play against the marlies when he was with San Antonio...He wasn't anything to write home about. He still isn't that good and will never be an NHL Starter. The Canucks signed him just to be a patch in the mean time for Demko to come up.

Reimer is a better goalie than Markstrom and in any case, Luongo said he's recovering very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad