Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Huberdeau signs 6 year extension ($5.9M AAV)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Pretty much it better .Its going to be a long time to gain back cap flexiblity if it doesnt

Panthers will have 14.8 million dollars of cap space next season with only jagr, petrovic, and pysyk to re-sign. Seems like some cap flexibility to me

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Panthers will have 14.8 million dollars of cap space next season with only jagr, petrovic, and pysyk to re-sign. Seems like some cap flexibility to me
Thats nice ,it goes pretty quick when you have to sign a top line winger.And some defensemen:nod:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Thats nice ,it goes pretty quick when you have to sign a top line winger.And some defensemen:nod:
That's where the money goes to waste, free agents are overrated. You sign your young home grown talent, then add here and there from that. So the Panthers I think are doing it the right way. You have to spend money somewhere, IMO this is where it should go.

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami

They're also adding 2+ million from Huberdeau after this next season and 6mil or so from Ekblad.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's where the money goes to waste, free agents are overrated. You sign your young home grown talent, then add here and there from that. So the Panthers I think are doing it the right way. You have to spend money somewhere, IMO this is where it should go.
Yep, never said anything different.But if its not the right mix ??then what??Bridging a few doesnt hurt either.It at least can give you a potential out if someone in that 6 you have signed doesnt prove to be the right type of player

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

3 of the top 4 d-man are signed for the next 4 years... and the other 3 are going to be RFA over the next 2 years and unlikely to command high salaries. I really am enjoying watching you desperately try to find weaknesses in the panthers roster to back up your belief that the senators are a better team.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Cap space is 76mil for 2017-2018?

In that case, Panthers will have 2 goalies, 4 defensemen and 10 forwards with 15mil in cap space.

They need to sign Jagr(Assuming it's 4mil again) so they are at 11mil left and 11 forwards.

Now, you would want at least 13 forwards so assume 1.5mil go there, 9.5mil left.

You want to get up to 7 defensemen and you only are at 4, 3 of whom are top 4 guys.

So, you spend, say, 5mil for a 4th defenseman as a UFA and 3mil total on 2 others and you are at 1.5mil cap space left.

Then you have 1.5mil left for a 3rd goaltender, or more accurately just over 1.3mil.

Is this what you consider "cap flexibility"? Well, if it works out they can get a proper team with no holes.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yep, never said anything different.But if its not the right mix ??then what??Bridging a few doesnt hurt either.It at least can give you a potential out if someone in that 6 you have signed doesnt prove to be the right type of player
Well, you're not lying. But the problem is you're thinking the Panthers can take the risk totally out of this, and they can't. So if we understand this upfront, (that there's always risk with whatever plan you have), then I see no more downside to the way their going about moving the money around than any other options.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
3 of the top 4 d-man are signed for the next 4 years... and the other 3 are going to be RFA over the next 2 years and unlikely to command high salaries. I really am enjoying watching you desperately try to find weaknesses in the panthers roster to back up your belief that the senators are a better team.
I really am enjoying you believe that the Panthers are a cant miss to be one of the best teams in the east ,whenever two of it major rivals where hamstrung wit injuries last season in MTL and OTT .You wont be beating on two weak teams for more than half the season my friend ,so good luck :nod:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's taken a long time but the plan is finally coming together. Congrats Flo Bros! I'm so happy for you guys. Here's hoping we FINALLY get that playoff match up this year. Red vs Blue baby!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well, you're not lying. But the problem is you're thinking the Panthers can take the risk totally out of this, and they can't. So if we understand this upfront, (that there's always risk with whatever plan you have), then I see no more downside to the way their going about moving the money around than any other options.
Its a risk for sure ,but its one that has worked in the past .TBH i dont really see much risk in signing guys like HUB,Barkov,Ekblad,Buks,etc.Its the support pieces ,that area of concern would be for me

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami
I really am enjoying you believe that the Panthers are a cant miss to be one of the best teams in the east ,whenever two of it major rivals where hamstrung wit injuries last season in MTL and OTT .You wont be beating on two weak teams for more than half the season my friend ,so good luck :nod:

Look back when the Panthers had weaker teams. They still always played well against the Canadian teams. in 11-12 season when they won the SE Division that team was obviously weaker than they are now, yet still had a ridiculous record against all Canadian teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Look back when the Panthers had weaker teams. They still always played well against the Canadian teams. in 11-12 season when they won the SE Division that team was obviously weaker than they are now, yet still had a ridiculous record against all Canadian teams.
The season when we went white hot ,was one of the few times i actually got to enjoy my team with most of it players healthy for once .I think we are a far better team than most believe we are ,and one that can easily match the Panthers ,if we remain healthy .

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
They're also adding 2+ million from Huberdeau after this next season and 6mil or so from Ekblad.

that is already accounted for
http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/florida-panthers

Cap space is 76mil for 2017-2018?

In that case, Panthers will have 2 goalies, 4 defensemen and 10 forwards with 15mil in cap space.

They need to sign Jagr(Assuming it's 4mil again) so they are at 11mil left and 11 forwards.

Now, you would want at least 13 forwards so assume 1.5mil go there, 9.5mil left.

You want to get up to 7 defensemen and you only are at 4, 3 of whom are top 4 guys.

So, you spend, say, 5mil for a 4th defenseman as a UFA and 3mil total on 2 others and you are at 1.5mil cap space left.

Then you have 1.5mil left for a 3rd goaltender, or more accurately just over 1.3mil.

Is this what you consider "cap flexibility"? Well, if it works out they can get a proper team with no holes.

Saying the Panthers only have 4 defenseman signed is not true. Both Petrovic and Pysyk are RFA's and should be back (unless one of them gets selected in the expansion draft). The Panthers believe they already have their #4 defenseman on the roster in Mike Matheson. If that turns out to not be the case, they will adjust and things could start to get hairy, but they have the cap space to make that adjustment. They also have guys waiting to get called up in Hulstrom and McCoshen that are cost controlled. The Panthers have the organizational depth to adjust to missing on some of these signings. Obviously missing would hurt, but it shouldn't be crippling.

Where did I say anything was guaranteed. I have watched many Panther rebuilds fail. This one seems to have worked and the organization felt it was worth the risk to sign guys now and lock them in at lower prices instead of waiting and possibly having to pay much more. It was a risk, but in my opinion it was a good risk. What happens next remains to be seen. I do find it funny that you are convinced the Panthers rise in the standings was on the backs of the injured Habs and Sens. You have been taking shots at the Panthers non-stop, but you still haven't compared each roster player for player or started a thread to show how others agree with you.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I see him scoring 30 this year, on top of his proven assist record.

Great signing. Florida looking good. Congrats guys.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The season when we went white hot ,was one of the few times i actually got to enjoy my team with most of it players healthy for once .I think we are a far better team than most believe we are ,and one that can easily match the Panthers ,if we remain healthy .

You most certainly are not on our level as a team.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

wait, do you really think all that keeps the senators from replicating the end of the 2014-2015 season is health?

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
wait, do you really think all that keeps the senators from replicating the end of the 2014-2015 season is health?

They need to get rid of Anderson and put the Hamburglar back in.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012

Hopefully the Panthers can extend Petrovic for 4 years or so. He's still underrated in my opinion. I have a feeling he will be picked up in the expansion draft which is unfortunate since it looks like Florida will be best suited with the 7-3-1 model.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We arent as good as that streak ,but some where in the middle .Is what iam saying .Healthy i see our team matching up against anyone in the atlantic .Not named TB ,healthy they win the division .The rest is anyone,s guess and i like our chances ,even against a what looks to be everybodies offseason darling the Florida Panthers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad