Rumor: FLA has a deal in place to send Vatrano to Seattle, along with previously reported pick Driedger

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If the plan still is to trade Vatrano for a picked player, there are still some decent D options.

Soucy, Dunn, Lauzon i guess.
I doubt Vatrano alone is enough to get Soucy.
No interested in Dunn when we have Nutivaara and a glut of young LHD ready to compete for the bottom pair spot.
I don't know anything about Lauzon.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Earlier today I predicted a Vatrano for Haydn Fleury swap.

The three goalies have been announced, and none of them are Stolarz (one of the speculated potential picks from the Ducks).

Larsson and Oleksiak are signed. I thought it'd be a no-brainer for them to take Giordano, Bean and DeMelo. But apparently neither of Bean and DeMelo are being chosen.

I thought it would have made sense for Seattle to pick Fleury from the Ducks and send him over to us to be the junior partner on the middle pair and play 5D minutes overall.

But with Seattle now taking forwards from the Jets and Canes, I bet they take Haydn Fleury and keep him for themselves.

Fleury is getting picked per LeBrun.

We'll have to see what happens

Reactions: harv33173

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I wouldn't put too much stock into this rumor anymore. There's been no follow up or talk about it from a credible source since it was first reported days ago.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I wouldn't put too much stock into this rumor anymore. There's been no follow up or talk about it from a credible source since it was first reported days ago.
Even if Frank isn't going to Seattle, I would be very surprised if he isn't traded for a mid-round pick or along with a mid round pick for a bottom 4 D.

He's blocking our young wingers, he's maybe our fourth best winger overall, and he's not being extended past this year. Makes no sense to keep him.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Why isn't there any more news on this vatrano stuff. The whole kraken roster is practically released but we have to sit here and bite our nails about this

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'm guessing either:

A: There was never any actual agreement for Vatrano

B: There was a trade agreement that got nixed prior to today for whatever reason

C: Trade will be announced tonight or tomorrow if another team is involved

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Vatrano may have only been on the board had Seattle picked a certain player. If Seattle went in a different direction, then it’s off the table pretty fast.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Wondering how many of their picks were made due to side deals in place. Like why pick 37 year old Giordano with 1 year left on his contract? To flip him is my guess.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Looks like Frankie can still be a nice addition to that forward group. Guess we’ll see if it happens tomorrow.
-ghoste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad