Rumor: FLA has a deal in place to send Vatrano to Seattle, along with previously reported pick Driedger

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Jets exposed demelo? I wanted him before and still do. Hopefully this vatrano thing involves a D coming back

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What do you mean?

Driegder was about to become a UFA. But because Seattle now selected him, it counts as our player we exposed in the expansion draft. This is a big win so far. One person was upset that we didn't trade him for a 3rd round pick before the deadline! lol
And one person thought he would be selected in the expansion draft, and everyone thought there was no way Seattle would do that, lol

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Sounded way more like an Eklund style "E3" to me on the podcast. Not entirely buying what Seravelli was selling.

Either way, I'm not worried. Zito is not Tallon and has shown to be more than savvy with what he has and what he needs to make the team better.
Zito at the helm versus Dale gives me the same feeling of calm as when Knight in net versus the panic when Bob’s there.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Not sure what will come of this, but the more I think about it, the more Tarasenko makes sense to me. He's 100% healthy by all accounts, so that shouldn't be a concern. It sounds like we're on his list, so that's promising. Notwithstanding this, his contract seems to fit with our strategy right now, he's got 2 years left at a fairly reasonable cap hit and it will expire at the same time as Huberdeau, Horny, Weegar and Knight so it'll give us a bunch of flexibility to figure out what we're doing during that off-season. Also, our RW depth isn't exactly great. Not sure that I want to get my hopes up, bit I think it would be a great fit for us (will fit our style of play). Only real issue is whether ownership wants to spend to close to the cap this season because bringing in that cap hit along with needing to re-sign Bennett still may put us up there. Losing Vatrano and maybe Stralman would solve this fairly easily though.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Maybe i'm overrating him but i would do Giordano 50% retained for Vatrano trade. I feel like he would be a welcomed addition to the 3rd pairing. A solid defensive player who can still chip in offensively and a veteran presence. Only has one year left in his contract.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If the Kraken are gonna flip Tarasenko to Philly, then they're not gonna select Dunn. Could be Haydn Fleury. I've always liked him. Or maybe Appleton. He's that big top 9 forward we need more of.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Not sure what will come of this, but the more I think about it, the more Tarasenko makes sense to me. He's 100% healthy by all accounts, so that shouldn't be a concern. It sounds like we're on his list, so that's promising. Notwithstanding this, his contract seems to fit with our strategy right now, he's got 2 years left at a fairly reasonable cap hit and it will expire at the same time as Huberdeau, Horny, Weegar and Knight so it'll give us a bunch of flexibility to figure out what we're doing during that off-season. Also, our RW depth isn't exactly great. Not sure that I want to get my hopes up, bit I think it would be a great fit for us (will fit our style of play). Only real issue is whether ownership wants to spend to close to the cap this season because bringing in that cap hit along with needing to re-sign Bennett still may put us up there. Losing Vatrano and maybe Stralman would solve this fairly easily though.
I have this strange feeling that Tarasenko is coming here and Vatrano plus a 1st will be the trade along with some salary eaten on Seattle's end.

Stralman goes to Arizona to make room.

Could also be a d-man coming here instead of Tarasenko though. I feel this team needs much more help defensively than up front.

Reactions: MintyFresh88

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I have this strange feeling that Tarasenko is coming here and Vatrano plus a 1st will be the trade along with some salary eaten on Seattle's end.

Stralman goes to Arizona to make room.

Could also be a d-man coming here instead of Tarasenko though. I feel this team needs much more help defensively than up front.
With how we cleared out cap this year I think Giordano could be coming here

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
So when does driedger need to sign by for him to be the pick? With it dragging out it feels like they’ll just draft vatrano and sign driedger in ufa?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So when does driedger need to sign by for him to be the pick? With it dragging out it feels like they’ll just draft vatrano and sign driedger in ufa?
Driedger doesn't have to sign before the expansion draft and the league would have a word with them if they turned around and picked another player, then proceeded to sign Driedger to the same reported deal in free agency.

Seattle is free to pick UFAs in the expansion draft if they want, Vegas picked a few (Connor Brickley from Carolina for example, though there was a draft pick attached to it) as well.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That Vatrano thread on the main boards really shows how clueless some posters are. I mean I think it’s people just trying to throw jabs at the Panthers Becuase we’re getting good now. Oh well, we’ll just beat the shit out of their teams on the scoreboard.

Reactions: KW and M4k4

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Dunn is being picked by Seattle. Possible trade target? Or does Frank Seravalli have to announce it on Twitter first lol

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Earlier today I predicted a Vatrano for Haydn Fleury swap.

The three goalies have been announced, and none of them are Stolarz (one of the speculated potential picks from the Ducks).

Larsson and Oleksiak are signed. I thought it'd be a no-brainer for them to take Giordano, Bean and DeMelo. But apparently neither of Bean and DeMelo are being chosen.

I thought it would have made sense for Seattle to pick Fleury from the Ducks and send him over to us to be the junior partner on the middle pair and play 5D minutes overall.

But with Seattle now taking forwards from the Jets and Canes, I bet they take Haydn Fleury and keep him for themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad