Rumor: FLA has a deal in place to send Vatrano to Seattle, along with previously reported pick Driedger

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Seravelli says Florida has deals in place to send both Driedger AND Vatrano to Seattle?

What is the plan here? Scoring depth was one of our best assets last year. I trust Zito, but I have serious PTSD from Tallon handing Vegas a cup finals appearance.

Edit-Panthers part starts at 23:30

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Seravelli says Florida has deals in place to send both Driedger AND Vatrano to Seattle?

What is the plan here? Scoring depth was one of our best assets last year. I trust Zito, but I have serious PTSD from Tallon handing Vegas a cup finals appearance.

This may not be the worst scenario. Zito may be looking to free up some more space for Bennett and/or a trade/UFA. Losing Frank would suck, but he's likely gone after this season anyway and it's another $2.5 mill of space immediately.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This may not be the worst scenario. Zito may be looking to free up some more space for Bennett and/or a trade/UFA. Losing Frank would suck, but he's likely gone after this season anyway and it's another $2.5 mill of space immediately.
Vatrano is dirt cheap, it can't be for cap space, has to be for a player. I'm not even a huge Vatrano guy but at 2.6 million you won't find anyone better.

This is Vatrano's last year as a Panther imo as he needs a new contract next year but unless it's for a roster player you keep him as your own rental.

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
makes sense. With Verheghe, Duclair, Huby, OT, Horny, Marchment, Lomberg, thats 7/8 spots. They want denisenko and or heponiemi to get in the line up as well as getting space for a 4D.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Space I guess and protection of Gudas. I think Gudas is more important than Vatrano to our team so I kind of get it.

Our top six is fixed. I assume we might add someone but it could be that we want
Verh-Barky-Duke
Huby-Bennett-Tippett
Deni-Lundell-Hornqvist
Lomberg-Acciari-Marchment
Lu

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Vatrano is dirt cheap, it can't be for cap space, has to be for a player. I'm not even a huge Vatrano guy but at 2.6 million you won't find anyone better.

This is Vatrano's last year as a Panther imo as he needs a new contract next year but unless it's for a roster player you keep him as your own rental.

I'm not saying it's to save money or anything like that, I'm just referring to overall cap space. It's another $2.5 mill towards improving...could be the difference in bringing in someone like Garland and being able to sign him or a UFA or whatever. Not sure what the Bennett contract will look like, but it may be closer to $4 mill per depending on term. That leaves us with 7.5 left, that would become 10 with Vatrano off the books. That could net us a pretty significant player(s).

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Interesting to see what the return is, or if there is any. This could be a favour Zito can cash in later down the line, say when we need a team to do rental salary retention shenanigans.

Can you trade buyouts? Just curious what the actual play here if it we are sending Vatrano
Nope.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Interesting to see what the return is, or if there is any. This could be a favour Zito can cash in later down the line, say when we need a team to do rental salary retention shenanigans.

Nope.
We seem to be pretty chummy with SEA. Gotta trust Zito on this one.

Maybe a target from another team. V. Dunn?

Reactions: iam76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad