Claimed off Waivers: [FLA] Gustav Forsling claimed by the Panthers

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Hmm, well that saves the Canes $250K in guaranteed salary I guess. There was just no place for him in Raleigh unless the Canes had a run of catastrophic injuries. Heck, they had a run of catastrophic injuries last year and he didn’t get a call up. He was basically the Canes 9 or 10D behind Bean/Ryan/Keane.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Like it from a Panthers POV, still young enough to crack a bottom pairing role one day.

I thought he outplayed Haydn Fleury last pre-season/training camp and he was one of the Checkers’ better D as well. He’s certainly not getting a spot over Fleury now though. I think he is at the least an NHL quality 3rd pair D.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Like it from a Panthers POV, still young enough to crack a bottom pairing role one day, could even see some games this year if injuries/fatigue with others occur.
Yep: I’m guessing we are putting him on our taxi squad instead of Priskie/Keeper who we want to play in AHL: I wonder what this means for Nuti? Is he injured?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Yep: I’m guessing we are putting him on our taxi squad instead of Priskie/Keeper who we want to play in AHL: I wonder what this means for Nuti? Is he injured?

Stillman is the only extra lhd at NHL level, Priskie/Keeper are both RHD, don't think this means too much.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ya could be insurance for Nuti and other injuries.
I hope Stillman still sees action but maybe they're trying to make sure SEA doesn't get any ideas if Stillman plays too much and gains attention to be picked in expansion draft. Would hate to lose him and his physical play.

Stillman can still slide and doesn't need waivers until 2021-22

Last edited:
Reactions: harv33173

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Q loved Forsling and probably hurt the kids development by rushing him. Especially putting him in a D matchup heavy PK role at 20.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Habs fans thought they could get Juulson thru waivers. No way. Florida would pounce all over that. And other teams.

Reactions: Morrison

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
But your guy has much higher upside. Zero. Zero chance he’d make it thru waivers. Zero.

Possibly, we'll see how it goes. There's many question of who goes on waivers. MB pretty much confirmed we will start with a 21-man roster due to the cap. That means only 1 of Mete, Weal, Frolik, Perry or Juulsen can avoid waiver and I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mete. If they send down Evans, they can keep another who is most likely going to be Perry.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
hmmmm Q probably behind the claim here and likes the familiarity with his game. that said, Forsling had such a promising career arc at one point and I feel Q completely neutered his natural instincts and skills. Forsling was a potential 2nd pair D with power play QB skills at one point and Q turned him into a stay at home dman who was afraid to do anything in the offensive zone or walk the line and shoot

then just made him a PKer to take a load off the vets

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
hmmmm Q probably behind the claim here and likes the familiarity with his game. that said, Forsling had such a promising career arc at one point and I feel Q completely neutered his natural instincts and skills. Forsling was a potential 2nd pair D with power play QB skills at one point and Q turned him into a stay at home dman who was afraid to do anything in the offensive zone or walk the line and shoot

then just made him a PKer to take a load off the vets

Have you ever stared directly into the death glare given by Q? I'd do what he says too :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad