Claimed off Waivers: [FLA] Gustav Forsling claimed by the Panthers

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I hope he plays for you guys.

He really peaked at the tournament, it's too bad we couldn't have gotten more for him when we sold high.

Reactions: uncleben

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I still think he can become a decent 2nd pairing D although time is running out for him. If he doesn’t solidify himself as an NHLer this year, my guess is he goes back to Europe for a couple years and maybe tries his luck at making the NHL again if he has some good seasons there.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Had to bump. One of the better waiver pick ups in years in the league.

Funny reading in here too that Q destroyed his development in Chicago while in Florida he was the man who helped him turn it around

He's been a great two-way dman, with great wheels for us

76 games
6 goals
30 assists
36 points
+37

Since Panthers picked him up

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Funny reading in here too that Q destroyed his development in Chicago while in Florida he was the man who helped him turn it around

76 games
6 goals
30 assists
36 points
+37

Surprised he only has 36 points it seems like he scores a lot more, hes always involved in the play great player

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

76 games
6 goals
30 assists
36 points
+37

Q’s doesn’t (didn’t) develop players. He wants ready to go. Forsling wasn’t ready the 1st time.

Reactions: Arwin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chicago and Carolina would probably regret punting him also
Those other teams at least had him in their organization playing for them. So they saw him up close and worked directly with him.

Carolina had Fleury and Bean their own first rounders that they wanted to see in the NHL but ultimately moved off both of them last season.

Forsling wasn’t NHL ready when he arrived in Chicago and needed time in the A but I believe that I read that his deal contained a provision that he get some NHL action if he came over from Sweden. Something to that effect.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Surprised he only has 36 points it seems like he scores a lot more, hes always involved in the play great player
Yeah, he probably has 100 “3rd” assists, as he often starts the play that ends in a goal with a nice outlet pass or by carrying it into the zone himself.

* “100” used solely for illustrative purposes ;)

Reactions: IceManCat

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
zito in one year signed him, gudas, traded for montour, re-signed weegar to a sweet-heart deal. oh and acquired Nutivarra who is another serviceable dman that has been hurt.

then consider signing carter v, duclair, trading matheson for hornqvist, acquiring sam reinhart and bennett. easy gm of the year imo.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
zito in one year signed him, gudas, traded for montour, re-signed weegar to a sweet-heart deal. oh and acquired Nutivarra who is another serviceable dman that has been hurt.

then consider signing carter v, duclair, trading matheson for hornqvist, acquiring sam reinhart and bennett. easy gm of the year imo.

You would think. I was pretty surprised they didn't give Zito GM of the year last year. Instead it was Lou who didn't make many good moves last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->