Post-Game Talk: FLA 3 - VAN 1 | Oh we're bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
They earned the boos last night. They stunk and were fortunate to only lose by two.

Oh well, we move on and get the next one. The Loungo hooplah has subsided and the team (and us fans) can focus on Canucks hockey.

The Canucks were outshooting the Panthers through two periods and had 2 minutes left on a double minor when the boos started ringing out.

I really can't believe the crowd chose a guy that asked to be traded over their own team.

Last edited:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
The Canucks were outshooting the Panthers through two periods and had 2 minutes left on a double minor when the boo's started ringing out.

I really can't believe the crowd chose a guy that asked to be traded over their own team.

Ok there Phil Kessel, lets blame the fans :laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I tend to agree with this as depressing as it is. Right around this time last year we lost Henrik and Santorelli to injury and then the wheels came off. If this team lost just one of henrik or Bonino I think it would tumble hard. It's also been a miracle that we've only had one major injury to our defense this year. Usually we are playing our 8th or 9th dman by now.

Or you could be like Winnipeg where the injuries happen and you magically maintain and go on a run.

Don't know until it happens.

7-7-2 in 16 isn't necessarily a concern at all. A 110 point team does not get 27.5 points every season quarter...it's what they average. They will have a quarter with 35 points and one with 20 for instance.

For example prior to the last week did you know the Blues were 8-6-2 the previous 16. Or that the Kings have only won 6 of their last 16.

Teams go through extended stretches of "Meh" play. Even the good ones.

Now you may not have confidence they will come out of it but the record over the past 16 isn't really much of an indicator of anything.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Hey at least Kass was our best forward.

I really loved Stanton's game as well. Looks like he's stepping it up a notch offensively.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The only big positive thing that stood out for me was Horvat in the 3rd period was finally displayed offensive aggressiveness.

One play.... he burst into the zone hungry for the puck and won puck battle...
Another play... scooped up the puck and attempted a toe drag with speed (could of been the same play)
Another was the drive to the front of the net where he drew the penalty.

Its been the one aspect of his game that's been sorely absent due to how conservative he plays with an almost over-commitment to defensive positioning... but it was great to see him flash the potential of being able to be THAT guy one day.

And congrats on Luongo tying Hasek at 11th ALL-TIME in wins!!
Trek to 400 wins This Season is on track!
Trek to 500 wins before all is said done would be marvelous!

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Because good teams never lay a stinker ever.

Not sure what compelled you to single out my post more than anyone else's as your example of people crapping on the team after one loss. It was a pretty benign comment. We haven't been able to get on a roll. We string a couple good games together but just when we might get some real momentum going we forget to turn up. Been going on all season long. It's not like I said "**** these ****ing stupid ****ing canucks they suck." Just said it's frustrating that we put a good couple games together and then drop the ball.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The Canucks were outshooting the Panthers through two periods and had 2 minutes left on a double minor when the boos started ringing out.

Why? I was cheering for Lu. He's one of the four best players ever to lace 'em up for the Canucks, and he deserved every second of last night after how terribly he was treated by the Canucks idiot fans. I was almost disappointed when Daniel scored early in the game :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Think what concerns 'Nucks fans about the kind of loss last night, is that this is point last season where they just hit the wall....effort last night looked a lot like a number of losses in the Torts regime...likely one of the worst efforts by the Sedins this season, despite getting the only goal....can't understand posters saying they 'ran out of energy'?...they're in the midst of a five-game home-stand, but they have to head out on the road for a five-gamer after that....still a possibility of a tank like last season unfortunately imo.:shakehead

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This team seems determined some nights to pass the puck into the opposing team's net on the powerplay rather than take a shot. The only players who shoot are Vrbata and Edler and they usually hit a shinpad.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Why? I was cheering for Lu. He's one of the four best players ever to lace 'em up for the Canucks, and he deserved every second of last night after how terribly he was treated by the Canucks idiot fans. I was almost disappointed when Daniel scored early in the game :laugh:

You chose Luongo over the sweater just like he did... I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I knew he had a huge following of rabid fans.

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks lost to the Panthers! START THE TANK! BURN THE BOATS! 2014-15 IS OVER.
:sarcasm:

We'll score 6 in the next game.:nod:

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
You chose Luongo over the sweater just like he did... I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I knew he had a huge following of rabid fans.

Goodness knows we cant choose both. Cheering for a Canucks win, while still showing respect and props to a guy that lots of people still like in Vancouver.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The crowd was cheering for the other team's goalie… and booing the home team. I think they thought that's what the crowd wanted to see.

Players could give a damn what the crowd thinks.

The booing was because of that piss poor 3rd period highlighted by that god awful 5 on 3 and 4 minute PP.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010

Well, we're talking about one regular season game. I'd rather see the guy have a nice return to Vancouver and get the long-deserved respect he didn't really get for his last three years in Vancouver. I wouldn't pick him over the Canucks in a Stanley Cup Final, but for one game? Absolutely. Luongo was one of the key players in pulling this franchise up to a place it had never been before. He helped author the absolute best five-year stretch in franchise history (by a mile), and he was villified and treated like garbage for it, for the most part. So, yeah, I'll take him for a night.

I'd feel the same way if the Sedins were pushed out of town and came back for a night.

Also don't have any ill will towards Luongo for wanting to leave after he ended up shouldering all the blame for the 2011 finals, despite being the only player on the team whose post-season performance was as good as his regular season one. Sports is a lot of love/hate: I thought it was terrific last night to see him get the send-off he actually deserved from Vancouver. Winning 1st star and taking a twirl around the ice was a lot more meaningful than a couple more points for a Canucks team that isn't going anywhere this year anyway.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Goodness knows we cant choose both. Cheering for a Canucks win, while still showing respect and props to a guy that lots of people still like in Vancouver.

You can't have both. When the team is down two goals and you're cheering every save the other goalie makes… you're not cheering for your team to win.

Players could give a damn what the crowd thinks.

The booing was because of that piss poor 3rd period highlighted by that god awful 5 on 3 and 4 minute PP.

If players don't care what the crowd thinks... what is home ice advantage?

Well, we're talking about one regular season game. I'd rather see the guy have a nice return to Vancouver and get the long-deserved respect he didn't really get for his last three years in Vancouver. I wouldn't pick him over the Canucks in a Stanley Cup Final, but for one game? Absolutely. Luongo was one of the key players in pulling this franchise up to a place it had never been before. He helped author the absolute best five-year stretch in franchise history (by a mile), and he was villified and treated like garbage for it, for the most part. So, yeah, I'll take him for a night.

I'd feel the same way if the Sedins were pushed out of town and came back for a night.

Also don't have any ill will towards Luongo for wanting to leave after he ended up shouldering all the blame for the 2011 finals, despite being the only player on the team whose post-season performance was as good as his regular season one. Sports is a lot of love/hate: I thought it was terrific last night to see him get the send-off he actually deserved from Vancouver. Winning 1st star and taking a twirl around the ice was a lot more meaningful than a couple more points for a Canucks team that isn't going anywhere this year anyway.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

At least you're willing to admit it.

arsmaster*

This team seems determined some nights to pass the puck into the opposing team's net on the powerplay rather than take a shot. The only players who shoot are Vrbata and Edler and they usually hit a shinpad.
Meh, Hank was shooting on the PP last night....I think he was trying to pull one over on Mitchell and Lu. Of course the shots were muffins and didn't get to the net, but still....
And a huge following of haterz....you'd be on that list.

My opinion is similar to Proto's, though I wanted the Canucks to win.

heh, based on the officiating we've received for a while now...something that doesn't exist for the Canucks.

Not last night.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Blaming the fans is for the Phil Kessels and Dion Phaneufs of the world. Canucks couldn't get a couple more past one of the best goalie's in the league. Nothing else to say really.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Agree with Scurr about the crowd and the Luuuus 100%... I thought it was quite messed up...

And I think it did affect the team... that is what Dorset taking that extra little run at Luo was... and how did the crowd Luuuuing him making saves on the home team... well man enough to start throwing punches with Dorset... and Dorset throwing them at Luo that was a shut the f up to the crowd

This fan base is ****ed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad