Post-Game Talk: FLA 3 - VAN 1 | Oh we're bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
JLFAh5G.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Scheme

Feb 14, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Responding here since the other thread was locked and there's some serious misinformation.

Lundface said:
Yeah he asked for a trade.

Seriously, have you watched the video you quoted? This is Nick Kypreos, who hates the Canucks and a media figure paid to create news stories and sensationalism.

Unless you were in the locker room or the meetings with management, you don't know what was said. And a trade was not demanded publically.

Lundface said:
He had no value, what proof of that do you need? Tampa out right said they didn't want him. Toronto gave no value for him and made outrageous requests and Florida didn't have money under old ownership...and also publicaly stated they didnt want him.

The best goalie for Vancouver, who got them to within a game of the cup had "no value"? Wow.

Of course other teams wanted him. The only thing that was an issue was the contract. But I can't believe someone who is a fan of this team would say Luongo had 0 value.

Lundface said:
"management" didn't say anything to him. They signed him for 12 seasons with a NTC. It was a foregone conclusion he was staying here. The COACH decided to use Schneider (rightfully) to save their season. The plan all along before Luongo opened his mouth was to trade Schneider, they had committed to Luongo until he shot them in the foot.

The Heritage Classic game was also the COACH'S decision.

Mr. Gillis, is that you? Unless you were behind closed doors you have no idea what was said to him. Nor how close we were to trading him. It's obvious here to everyone that Luongo had value. And when I say management I include both GM and Coaching decisions. It should have been obvious but I guess sometimes I need to spell it out.

Lundface said:
The COACH played Schneider over Luongo. Your hate of management is showing.

Right. And who is the boss of the Coach? For a game like the Winter Classic, major things like who is going to be in net aren't just made on a whim.

Just because I thought the Winter Classic thing was a ****y thing to do to Luongo doesn't mean I hate management.

Lundface said:
It's funny how easily the media can manipulate people.

Ironic, since they've manipulated you into thinking that Luongo asked for a trade publically, when he didn't. Taking the word of Kypreos indeed. I LOLed.

Last edited:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Nick Kypreos is undoubtedly a massive tool, and to say I think little of his hockey commentary is paying him an egregiously high compliment, but....I don't know if he has a reputation for giving bad information, per se. I could be way off base here, but he seems reasonably connnected about these sorts of things.

In any case, can we not drag this discussion into the GDT? It really has nothing to do with tomorrow's game.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Brings back memories of Bure's return to Vancouver with Florida. Went to that game and watched Cloutier stone him on a breakaway in OT.

Really choked that I have to miss this because of work.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I love him, he's the hero we needed, but didn't deserve.

That whole run and team ugh just memories. Being at seven games that whole playoffs including game seven.. ugh memories.

I have a Lu panthers t shirt I bought in FLA after he got traded when I was at that game. Should I wear it to tmr's game?

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
All the guys ripping Torts' practices last season on global news right now hahahahah

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hey guys! We didn't do nearly enough pointless arguing when Lu was actually on the team! More! MORE!!!

Or not.

Preferably not.

Seriously, he's gone. It happened. Let him go. Deal with it. Please.

Canucks 4
Panthers 2

WD has a seizure and momentarily puts Kassian on the Sedin line; line scores a hat trick in 4 minutes before coach stache regains his senses and puts Kassian back with Matthias and whoever else. EN goal for Horvat.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I think you're on to something with Kassian as John Goodman

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
3-1 Nucks, and nice job CCF!

That picture of Lu is great.

It really ties this room together...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
he best goalie for Vancouver, who got them to within a game of the cup had "no value"? Wow.

Of course other teams wanted him. The only thing that was an issue was the contract. But I can't believe someone who is a fan of this team would say Luongo had 0 value.

No doubt he's a good player, but the contract essentially negated the value he had as a player. Throw on the NTC as well.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If Luongo doesn't get this start does he get traded in three days, again? So glad this guy and his giant sense of entitlement are gone forever!

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I am really hoping for a complete Lou meltdown. Love the guy, but a Canucks win is more important. 4-0 Canucks, the exact same score as the last game Vancouver ever played without a goalie contraversy.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
A Miller/Lou showdown where I'm cheering for Miller's team? Seems so weeeeeeird. God, I loved that gold medal game so much. Probably my fave single hockey game of all time, and I've been watching the sport for 30 years.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
A Miller/Lou showdown where I'm cheering for Miller's team? Seems so weeeeeeird. God, I loved that gold medal game so much. Probably my fave single hockey game of all time, and I've been watching the sport for 30 years.

That was a heck of a hockey game. It had everything :handclap:

I am really hoping Kassian has another solid effort. I would love to see him get some time in the 2nd line RW spot.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Hoping Luongo gets a much well deserved round of applause in the start followed by letting in five or so goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad