U17: Five Nations Tournament (Visp, Switzerland)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
As usual the German federation is dragging its feet when it comes to announcing rosters for such tournaments.
I only know of 4 players (D-Lua Niehus, D-Tjark Kölsch, F-Florian Renner and F-Linus Brandl) that were nominated because their club team released that information.

I hope we will find out about the full roster soon.

Reactions: Leaves34

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Not sure if anybody cares but here is the Swiss roster:

Roster.PNG

This age group is probably a bit better than the Swiss 04's who got pounded at the Ivan Hlinka memorial tournament, especially depth wise. Timo Bünzli the most promising D is missing otherwise the best players seem availible. Hopefully Gruber who didnt look that good at Hlinka will have a better showing here.

Last edited:

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Why?

I like more Mattia Ferrari.

Its only funny for swiss-german people and its literal meaning is hard to translate to English. The closest equivalents I could think of are probably "fuddy-duddy" or the relatively recent pop culture term "Boomer".

In any case its probably the funniest hockey name for swiss fans since Adrian Wichser, who used to play for our national team, as Wichser literally translates to "wanker" or "jerkoff".

On the other hand I find it weird that the users on this board get excited about names like Nando Eggenberger, wich actually has nothing to do with eggs or hamburgers...

Last edited:
Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I‘ve been watching the switzerland germany game. I feel like the swiss team was playing better offensively but let the germans score easy goals especially that short hander. Somebody mentioned Gruber earlier i think he played ok overall today the goal was a banger but before his goal i was a bit disappointed.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I‘ve been watching the switzerland germany game. I feel like the swiss team was playing better offensively but let the germans score easy goals especially that short hander. Somebody mentioned Gruber earlier i think he played ok overall today the goal was a banger but before his goal i was a bit disappointed.

Switzerland started very poorly and got outplayed first but got into the game at the end of the first period. They eventually were the better team in the second and third. There were way to many individual mistakes though from both defense and the goaltender, even for that age group. I really liked how they played in overtime however, that was very clever and secured the win. I would also agree with your take on Gruber, the wirstshot on the PP was nasty but otherwise he was just ok. I kinda expected him to be more noticable against his peers especially since the opponent was "only" germany and not one of the top nations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland started very poorly and got outplayed first but got into the game at the end of the first period. The eventually were the better team in the second and third. There were way to many individual mistakes though from both defense and the goaltender, even for that age group. I really liked how they played in overtime however, that was very clever and secured the win. I would also agree with your take on Gruber, the wirstshot on the PP was nasty but otherwise he was just ok. I kinda expected him to be more noticable against his peers especially since the opponent was "only" germany and not one of the top nations.
Hull didn`t really shine out to me outside of his goals too. But a guy who impressed me was simi meier he is small but maybe he could be drafted? WHat's your take on him?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00