U17: Five Nations Tournament (Visp, Switzerland)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Game Center National Teams
Here’s a link to watch the scores of the games

Then the German team is here:

Niehus Lua

Tropmann Edwin

Kinzel Luca

Hupach Mika

Ruckdäschel Timo

Kölsch Tjark

Kühnhauser Kilian

Kirschenbauer Chris

Bicker Kevin

Bauhof Leon

Brandl Linus

Lemke Paul

Schreiner Vadim

Sumpf Julius

Fischer Jonas

Vladelchtchikov Alexander

Vinzens Paul

Bosecker Lars

Kopietz Luka
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalies are :

Leon Willerscheid
Nico Pertuch

Last edited:
Reactions: Mato94

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Hull didn`t really shine out to me outside of his goals too. But a guy who impressed me was simi meier he is small but maybe he could be drafted? WHat's your take on him?

Hulls skating certainly flashed every now and then and he has pretty good size but I thought he was pretty invisible for most of the game. Showed some nice hands on the OT goal though. While I like Simon Meiers hockey iq, passing and all around game he is somewhat the prototype of the "undersized swiss playmaking centre" that often goes undrafted. But he still has two more years to develop so I wouldnt completely rule him out for 2023. His Twin (who was also pretty good today) has already pretty decent size so he might still grow a few inches as well.

Edit: USA vs. Czech Republic Stream. This most likely means every game will be broadcasted...

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just watched the German game and Jonas Fischer has improved greatly. Wow. Best player on the ice between the two teams and it wasn’t particularly close either. He flat out dominated. Dangerous every shift. His line with Vinzens and Sumpf probably created 70% of Germany’s chances.

I’m not the greatest goalie evaluator but Willerscheid had a real good first period and a half. Made some real difficult saves, played the puck real well and even made an outlet pass that lead directly to a goal. Most of the goals were due to defensive collapses more than they were Leon’s fault in all honesty too. Solid game.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think our 05s haven't played a single international game yet. Im curious to see them now against Germany.
Me too, especially guys like Chromiak and Jencko who were so close to making HGC squad. I’m really unfamiliar with quite a few of these players having not seen them play in 2 years

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
We have won 4:1, not bad game but the guys made some mistakes in the first 2 periods, in the last one we have clearly outplayed Germans but I think it was due to the fact that they played tough game against SUI yesterday.

Sisik and Barcik had 1+1, Cajkovic with 2 assists.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
We have won 4:1, not bad game but the guys made some mistakes in the first 2 periods, in the last one we have clearly outplayed Germans but I think it was due to the fact that they played tough game against SUI yesterday.

Sisik scored 2 goals, Barcik had 1+1, Cajkovic with 2 assists.
The goals were scored by Kukumberg, Sisik, Pilat and Cedzo. Tropmann for Germany

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Sisik and Barcik had 1+1, Cajkovic with 2 assists.
I like what I saw from Cajkovic. Getting solid results in this tournament without arguably our three best 05 players would be nice. Chromiak not playing? Why?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs beat Swiss 6-2. I'm really not trying to jump on my Germans as I really want them to be successful but this may be the third junior tournament this year where they don't win a game with the other 2 being prestigious.. Hlinka and U18.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Czechs beat Swiss 6-2. I'm really not trying to jump on my Germans as I really want them to be successful but this may be the third junior tournament this year where they don't win a game with the other 2 being prestigious.. Hlinka and U18.

Well, they sort of beat Switzerland (in the shootout) at the Hlinka for 7th place. It's not much, but at least it's something. :laugh:

As for this tournament I expect the final two games to get real ugly. Today against the Czechs will be bad enough but tomorrow against the US will likely be a massacre. The 4th game in as many days, after a short rest, against possibly the best team in the tournament. That will be tough.

Reactions: Leaves34

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, they sort of beat Switzerland (in the shootout) at the Hlinka for 7th place. It's not much, but at least it's something. :laugh:

As for this tournament I expect the final two games to get real ugly. Today against the Czechs will be bad enough but tomorrow against the US will likely be a massacre. The 4th game in as many days, after a short rest, against possibly the best team in the tournament. That will be tough.
Please know I'm not anti German hockey in anyway. The opposite actually. I love what they are doing and think some young Czechs will start heading over there.

But I am seeing a trend with Germany and Switzerland in the U18 stuff and it isn't very encouraging. I'm looking at the draft and it isn't encouraging right now. And I REALLY want both nations to get stronger. Same with my Czechs and Slovaks. Denmark can produce the next Ehlers ASAP. EG. I'm really happy for the Slovaks and a really strong looking crop coming up. I only wish they had some more established veterans to blend with as Halak, Sekera and Chara are near the end.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Please know I'm not anti German hockey in anyway. The opposite actually. I love what they are doing and think some young Czechs will start heading over there.

But I am seeing a trend with Germany and Switzerland in the U18 stuff and it isn't very encouraging. I'm looking at the draft and it isn't encouraging right now. And I REALLY want both nations to get stronger. Same with my Czechs and Slovaks. Denmark can produce the next Ehlers ASAP. EG. I'm really happy for the Slovaks and a really strong looking crop coming up. I only wish they had some more established veterans to blend with as Halak, Sekera and Chara are near the end.

Don't worry about it, I did not take your post as anti German hockey. I know people get easily offended, but I don't think there was anything wrong with your post.
But as far as German hockey in concerned, I am not too worried yet, because there are reasons for the lack of success in the most recent tournaments, and there are also some encouraging signs even if the results are not there.

Anybody who thought that Germany would quickly close the gap to Switzerland and Slovakia and even catch up to the Czechs was delusional.

We had an amazing crop of players born in 95 with Draisaitl obviously on a whole other level than anybody else. We have always had the occasional really good prospect like Marco Sturm or Marcel Goc but those were few and far between. So after Draisaitl we had a lot of nothing for several years.
Bokk could still turn into a solid player, but he could also bust (as far as the NHL is concerned).
Then we had Seider and the trio of Stützle, Reichel and Peterka in the span of two drafts, which was amazing, but now we are seeing a bit of a regression to the mean. We are not good enough to consistently produce multiple players that will get picked in the first two or three round, but I also don't see many years without drafted players in the future.
The overall level of player development has increased in German hockey, but it has all been a bit derailed by COVID, since the restriction on youth sports in Germany were stricter than in many other countries, which is the main reason I am not too worried, yet, and I hope in 2 or 3 years we will see better results again.

And speaking of results: Even if they lost all those games, there were several games among the losses that were quite a bit closer than I thought they would be. And even in the blowouts they at least generated a few chances. That was not always the case.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Don't worry about it, I did not take your post as anti German hockey. I know people get easily offended, but I don't think there was anything wrong with your post.
But as far as German hockey in concerned, I am not too worried yet, because there are reasons for the lack of success in the most recent tournaments, and there are also some encouraging signs even if the results are not there.

Anybody who thought that Germany would quickly close the gap to Switzerland and Slovakia and even catch up to the Czechs was delusional.

We had an amazing crop of players born in 95 with Draisaitl obviously on a whole other level than anybody else. We have always had the occasional really good prospect like Marco Sturm or Marcel Goc but those were few and far between. So after Draisaitl we had a lot of nothing for several years.
Bokk could still turn into a solid player, but he could also bust (as far as the NHL is concerned).
Then we had Seider and the trio of Stützle, Reichel and Peterka in the span of two drafts, which was amazing, but now we are seeing a bit of a regression to the mean. We are not good enough to consistently produce multiple players that will get picked in the first two or three round, but I also don't see many years without drafted players in the future.
The overall level of player development has increased in German hockey, but it has all been a bit derailed by COVID, since the restriction on youth sports in Germany were stricter than in many other countries, which is the main reason I am not too worried, yet, and I hope in 2 or 3 years we will see better results again.

And speaking of results: Even if they lost all those games, there were several games among the losses that were quite a bit closer than I thought they would be. And even in the blowouts they at least generated a few chances. That was not always the case.
All I know is the score but 2 to 1 today is encouraging!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Very competitive game too, the German goalie, Nico Pertuch was really good obviously but it was competitive throughout the game.
I have yet to see any highlights... Germans need a next goalie to lineup with their next generation... hope it is pertuch

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
2 corona cases in team USA

It'll be kind of funny if they cancel the US game, call it a loss and they still win the tourney! They've kicked the hell out of everyone and have been awesome. Sorry about the cases but they looked awesome!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nikita Quapp was drafted this year, and was the first German goalie drafted since Grubauer.
My understanding was that the 'starter' for the World Juniors this Xmas was also quite good... I don't know his name but he didn't play. Was he drafted too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad