Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
There's no better way to get something in your system than with a direct injection...as far as I know..
Not the delivery, I meant to ask what the latest material or materials are. I've heard of Tren and HGH and testosterone and such. Have no idea about them, am curious to understand what they do and how they work though.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not the delivery, I meant to ask what the latest material or materials are. I've heard of Tren and HGH and testosterone and such. Have no idea about them, am curious to understand what they do and how they work though.
Steroids are a huge family of drugs..If you want to learn more from them, go on steroids.com and you can get all the info you want.
What type you take depends on your objectives. Think Lance Armstrong vs Arnold vs Jon Jones. They all took roids, very different ones, for their specific sports.
The most generic one that could benefit anyone, regardless of sport, is testosterone. Even there though, there are variations.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Steroids are a huge family of drugs..If you want to learn more from them, go on steroids.com and you can get all the info you want.
What type you take depends on your objectives. Think Lance Armstrong vs Arnold vs Jon Jones. They all took roids, very different ones, for their specific sports.
The most generic one that could benefit anyone, regardless of sport, is testosterone. Even there though, there are variations.
I'm more confused than ever now. I just want to understand the nature of them. For instance, what would a footballer take versus what would a regular joe take vs Arnold?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm more confused than ever now. I just want to understand the nature of them. For instance, what would a footballer take versus what would a regular joe take vs Arnold?
Again, it depends. Football has many different positions.
For the regular joe, depends what's his objective is.
Some steroids are great for a bulking phase, others are better for shredding, some are more sports specific.

The top steroid due to its versitality I'd say is probably testosterone.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Hey kids, if your lower back has been sore for a week, don't go for a PR on the dead lift.

One way ticket to snap city.

Went for a 425 pull, actually got it off the floor with relative ease and then I heard/felt something tear in my lower back. Dropped the bar, fell to my knees, could barely move for 5 minutes (That was last Friday)

Mobility came back afterwards and was actually able to finish my workout (Upper body stuff obviously). All things considered, I don't feel all *THAT* bad, I mostly feel sciatica down my left buttock/leg which probably means herniated disc. I suspect my form was crap and was the main culprit. Oh well.

I'm shutting it down as far as dead lifts and squats are concerned for the rest of the year and will re-evaluate in 2019.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hey kids, if your lower back has been sore for a week, don't go for a PR on the dead lift.

Went for a 425 pull, actually got it off the floor with relative ease and then I heard/felt something tear in my lower back. Dropped the bar, fell to my knees, could barely move for 5 minutes (That was last Friday)

Mobility came back afterwards and was actually able to finish my workout (Upper body stuff obviously). All things considered, I don't feel all *THAT* bad, I mostly feel sciatica down my left buttock/leg which probably means herniated disc. I suspect my form was crap and was the main culprit. Oh well.

I'm shutting it down as far as dead lifts and squats are concerned for the rest of the year and will re-evaluate in 2019.

Gotta be careful man. If a muscle has been sore for a week, it's likely not just soreness.

Reactions: Suiteness

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Again, it depends. Football has many different positions.
For the regular joe, depends what's his objective is.
Some steroids are great for a bulking phase, others are better for shredding, some are more sports specific.

The top steroid due to its versitality I'd say is probably testosterone.

Might also be because testosterone is among the best understood. There are somewhat respectable protocols for the proper use of testosterone.

It is extremely risky of people to take totally unresearched steroids such as ostarine, etc.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Might also be because testosterone is among the best understood. There are somewhat respectable protocols for the proper use of testosterone.

It is extremely risky of people to take totally unresearched steroids such as ostarine, etc.
Agreed...but a whole lot of people take black market drugs, be it PEDs or recreationally.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Agreed...but a whole lot of people take black market drugs, be it PEDs or recreationally.

And a whole lot of them get problems afterwards. A doctor of mine told me that he has tons of patients who are former steroid users. Many of them have problems that are not responsive to treatment.

There's a reason that pharmaceuticals go through phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials, it's because safety is hard to predict from first principles. Even then, they often miss things. For example HRT was thought to be completely safe for women, well it was in the short term, which is all that bro-scientists would ever notice.

If I took steroids, I'd keep it simple: Testosterone, clomid, hcg, and an aromatase inhibitor, at modest doses, with the total cycle being short.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And a whole lot of them get problems afterwards. A doctor of mine told me that he has tons of patients who are former steroid users. Many of them have problems that are not responsive to treatment.

There's a reason that pharmaceuticals go through phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials, it's because safety is hard to predict from first principles. Even then, they often miss things. For example HRT was thought to be completely safe for women, well it was in the short term, which is all that bro-scientists would ever notice.

If I took steroids, I'd keep it simple: Testosterone, clomid, hcg, and an aromatase inhibitor, at modest doses, with the total cycle being short.
Isn't clomid and HCG similar?
And yes, from what I've researched, the smart reviews seem to all agree on small doses of Test, especially for newbies.
Problem is a lot of people who start also stack...so they essentially have no idea what each individual drug does to them.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Isn't clomid and HCG similar?
And yes, from what I've researched, the smart reviews seem to all agree on small doses of Test, especially for newbies.
Problem is a lot of people who start also stack...so they essentially have no idea what each individual drug does to them.

I'm not sure -- no need as I'm not taking them !

Stacking is essential though. Testosterone by itself can lead to the growth of moobs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Stacking is essential though. Testosterone by itself can lead to the growth of moobs.

By stacking I mean regarding steroids, like using Test and Deca at the same time.
Taking things to counter the side effects is different.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
So i have a pull up bar in my room door, a month ago i decided i would do one pull up and one chin up when ever i passed by the door. I would do that until that pull up was as easy as walking, like i could throw myself in the cealing. I'm now at 5, like i can 5 pull ups at full speed and not even feel it in my arms or anywhere in my body. Strangely enough, i used to be able to do 9 pull ups, and that's still the maximum i can do and the last two pull ups are as hard as they used to be. So my training as only helped me for the first 5 pull ups, not the rest. It's crazy how the body reacts to training, it became better at doing 5 pull ups, that's about it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So i have a pull up bar in my room door, a month ago i decided i would do one pull up and one chin up when ever i passed by the door. I would do that until that pull up was as easy as walking, like i could throw myself in the cealing. I'm now at 5, like i can 5 pull ups at full speed and not even feel it in my arms or anywhere in my body. Strangely enough, i used to be able to do 9 pull ups, and that's still the maximum i can do and the last two pull ups are as hard as they used to be. So my training as only helped me for the first 5 pull ups, not the rest. It's crazy how the body reacts to training, it became better at doing 5 pull ups, that's about it.

Don't go to bar with 5 as your goal. Make it 7 or 8 and hitting 6 will be easier. Try doing sets with a bit of rest between them.

You should also be doing chin ups, which is with the palms facing you. You activate different muscles that way.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Don't go to bar with 5 as your goal. Make it 7 or 8 and hitting 6 will be easier. Try doing sets with a bit of rest between them.

You should also be doing chin ups, which is with the palms facing you. You activate different muscles that way.

The thing is that I don't want to go to exhaustion. It's actually a little sideline to my lifting and martial art, i do it 15-20 times a day. I do chin up too and some abs on the bar, but it's all light.

I'm just amazed how the body works, you train for one thing and that's all it does... I got better at doing 5 chin ups. It's just amazing

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Anything besides deficit deadlifts to improve the bottom portion of a deadlift?

I can lift 375 easily now, pulled 385 for a PR one week ago, but I just can't seem to pull 4 plates off the ground. Sucks. And this PR was achieved with a pretty damn fine form for a PR. Straight back and hips didn't shoot up. I don't know if it's psychological or anything. Maybe I choke when I see 4 plates on the bar.

On another note, I'm always amazed when I see buff guys struggling to deadlift 3 plates for 2 or 3 reps. When I say buff, I mean guys who own a physique way more impressive than mine. I wonder how common steroids are among gym-goers.

I also am starting to wonder if I could die happy if I went all of my life without hopping on at least a cycle running a TRT-level dose of test. I mean... YOLO I guess? Of course I'm nowhere near the point where I'm even thinking about doing this. But when I hit 40, when the gains are almost impossible to come by and my strength likley has plateaued... why the hell now?

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

It's PCT (post-cycle therapy) that prevents you from getting moobs, and other common hormonal disbalance side effects, if I'm not mistaken. Stacking from what I know is about adding different compounds along with test, for example, to increase the efficiency of your steroid cycle.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anything besides deficit deadlifts to improve the bottom portion of a deadlift?

I can lift 375 easily now, pulled 385 for a PR one week ago, but I just can't seem to pull 4 plates off the ground. Sucks. And this PR was achieved with a pretty damn fine form for a PR. Straight back and hips didn't shoot up. I don't know if it's psychological or anything. Maybe I choke when I see 4 plates on the bar.

On another note, I'm always amazed when I see buff guys struggling to deadlift 3 plates for 2 or 3 reps. When I say buff, I mean guys who own a physique way more impressive than mine. I wonder how common steroids are among gym-goers.

I also am starting to wonder if I could die happy if I went all of my life without hopping on at least a cycle running a TRT-level dose of test. I mean... YOLO I guess? Of course I'm nowhere near the point where I'm even thinking about doing this. But when I hit 40, when the gains are almost impossible to come by and my strength likley has plateaued... why the hell now?
Squats. Especially front squats. Get on a squat program, watch your plateau bust.

I was stuck for so long on deads and nothing I was doing helped me in the bottom part.

You know why? Because I was squatting once every three weeks. I started squatting seriously... and boom now my deadlift is going up and up and up.

Reactions: overlords

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

I seized my SI joint deadlifting. Felt a pop, immense pain and dropped the weight and was frozen for a bit. After resting it a few days and skipping deadlifts for a month or so, I went back at it and same thing happened, only this time it unfroze the joint. I was back to normal!

Not a helpful story, but I felt the worst and it turned out to be nothing really.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Squats. Especially front squats. Get on a squat program, watch your plateau bust.

I was stuck for so long on deads and nothing I was doing helped me in the bottom part.

You know why? Because I was squatting once every three weeks. I started squatting seriously... and boom now my deadlift is going up and up and up.

Never tried front squat. Might give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad